Start by marking “Model Love” as Want to Read:
Model Love

Model Love

**This is the re-released edition by MLR Press**

Ian Eldridge has lived a gray existence, his spirit chained by grief and guilt since the death of his twin brother, Aiden. He’d once been one of the most sought after models in the world of high fashion, but when he lost Aiden, he lost everything, including his confidence. On an invitation from his former agent, Ian travels t
ebook
Published July 8th 2016 by MLR Press (first published October 23rd 2013)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
While not a bad story, Model Love did very little for me. If you are into hurt/comfort books with insta-lust (quickly morphing into love) with a slow-paced plot, then you might enjoy this one.

I've read hundreds of M/M romance books, so when a book fails to wow me in the first 50 pages or so, I'm usually dreading the rest. This book just didn't wow me. A model finding his passion for modeling and life again with a hunky island surfer-dude sounded like it could be a good story, but I found the re
Breann
Well, that was darn cute!

Ian has been struggling to get through day to day life since his twin brother died years before. He and his brother were successful models and seemed to have it all. But once he lost his brother, he lost everything else. His close friends and ex-agent decided to take him on a vacation to Bora Bora in hopes that he'll regain some of that spirit he once had. Well, he regained more than that in meeting the sexy scuba instructor, Temaru.

Whew, these two were so sweet together
Candice

This was an nice read and had likeable characters. I was a little concerned that this story would be kind of heavy and sad with dealing with the death of Ian's brother, but it really wasn't that way. This could actually be considered a nice and light love story, other than Ian's issues with his brother there is no angst or over the top drama. There is an instant attraction and lust with these two and of course they are both gorgegous and are in a wonderful tropical place. That pretty mu
Susan65
Nov 08, 2013 Susan65 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Made me cry.

I was reading along, happy as a clam, because this truly is a sweet and beautiful love story, then I got closer to the end and the waterworks started. Boo hoo hoo....I have such an ugly crying face that I was really glad I was still in bed when I got to that part.

Anyhoo, Ian is an ex-model who gave up his limelight and his wild ways after his twin brother dies. He is struggling to get by day to day, when his agent Mitch offers him a trip to Bora Bora to get a little fresh air and hop
Heller
Nov 16, 2013 Heller rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
3.5

Lovely little low key holiday romance that becomes something more. Ian Eldridge is a former model still reeling from the death of his twin brother. He's invited by friends to the island of Bora Bora where he meets and falls for a dive master, Temaru Marceau.

Some great sex scenes with one in particular that referred to cock docking which was something that I'd never heard of prior to this story. I have been educated. Thank you S.J. Frost. ;)

Ian's friends Mitch and Rodney were great. They had
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Ian was a top model, he had it all and he knew it. He partied and enjoyed it, then his twin dies, he feels guilty and grieves.
He gives it all up and since he didn't save for a rainy day he's a waiter.
Not everyone has given up on him and his former agent drags him to Bora Bora..
There he meets hunky and sexy Temaru and it's lust at first sight and after spending all their days and nights together it's *sigh* love.
Ian sees the light again, he starts living again, all is well...
Short, sweet, insta l
Traci
Oct 24, 2013 Traci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, what can I say, I love this author. This is a novella, about 109 pages. This story is about Ian and Temaru. Ian was one of the top fashion models of his time with his twin brother, Aiden. Three years ago, Aiden and Ian, at the top of their peak, were involved in a horrible accident where Aiden did not survive. Ian falls into a deep depression, leaves his modeling career completely and is guilt ridden over the death of his twin. He is completely lost. His friend and previous agent, Mitch and ...more
Lily
3.5 stars. A sweetly pleasant and uncomplicated read, with likeable characters who have depth and dimension to them, well-meaning friends that add some more colour to the plot and a wonderful setting. This was a good choice and antidote for me after an angst-filled book.
Juliebookworm
Oct 26, 2013 Juliebookworm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
A new book from S.J. Frost from a new publisher from all her other stories, but still has the same great things of every Frost book! It's a win/win/win!

This was a really beautiful love story and a story about finding yourself again and learning to move on. Ian was a male model who lost his confidence and passion when his twin brother was tragically killed. He feels it was his fault, but really it's not. He's put the blame on himself. His grief and depression felt so real to me, I just wanted to
Joyfully Jay
Dec 06, 2013 Joyfully Jay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: melanie
This review was originally written for Joyfully Jay Reviews.

Read Melanie's review in it's entirety here.

When I think of S.J. Frost, I think of her ancient vampires of her Instincts series, or her edgy rocker boys of Conquest, so I was unprepared for the gentle sweetness of Ian and Temaru of Model Love. I have to admit I was charmed by this story. Every element appealed to me, from the Bora Bora location, to the Project Runway world of models and fashion. And to give this story more depth, Frost
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Jul 29, 2016 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: source-amazon
It is no shock that I am a Huge fan of S.J Frost. She has yet to disappoint me with any of her stories and this one just fit the bill. I really loved this story, while it didn't have me gasping like some of her other work it was still an amazing love story. I didn't get as much of a character connection as I would have liked but it didn't take much away from the enjoyment of the story either. I would definitely recommend this book!
Janie
Oct 25, 2013 Janie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Another great book by another great author. I don't think this author has written a book yet that I didn't like. The characters were exceptional in this book and so easy to fall in love with. Ian is so wonderful and sad you just want to wrap him in your arms and never let go. And Temaru is perfect and so full of life you just want to get to know him and be friends.
Laurie Ather
Oct 23, 2013 Laurie Ather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Sometimes a nice, fluffy love story is just what I need. Model Love fit the bill for me.

Temaru and Ian fell for each other really fast and sometimes that can be a head scratcher, but given the place where each of them were in their lives, they were just what the other needed.

Simply put, I really really liked their story.
Shannon
Mar 19, 2014 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shannon by: Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Sweet story. No relationship angst in this one. Sadness, yes, but not from their relationship. Nothing earthshattering although we did get cock-docking which was pretty sweet. :)
Arch Bala
Nov 15, 2014 Arch Bala rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wtf
It wasn’t the characters that drowned this story into nothingness but it’s the thinly veiled plot that didn’t deliver its characters the story they deserved. I’m actually very disappointed with it especially after reading the first three books of the Conquest series. I was like, “the same author wrote this right?” – What seriously just happened?

The story simply goes like this – Ian used to be a successful model whose life turned upside down after the death of his twin brother who also happened t
Curtis
Former model Ian hasn't been the same since the death of his twin brother. Wracked by guilt, he left the modeling world and retreated into a solitary and lonely existence. When his former agent invites him on a getaway to Bora Bora, he is wary, certain it's all a ploy to get him back into modeling. He reluctantly agrees, but makes it clear he has no intention of returning to his former profession.

Enter Temaru, a diving instructor, who finds himself immediately drawn to Ian when he sees him on th
Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
Ian Eldridge was overhelmed with grief due to the death of his twin brother Aiden. They were famous international models, and a fun night out to a club resulted in the loss of his twin and best friend. The next three years saw Ian consumed with guilt until his agent and some friends talked him to going to Bora Bora for both a vacation and a possible photo shoot.

In Bora Bora, Ian met Temaru Marceau, a local excursion guide, and it seems like someone finally gets him. Temaru had lost his grandfath
Lisa J.
I don't have a book boyfriend list, but if I did Temaru would be at the top of it.

Somehow S.J. Frost creates this perfect speciman of a man, an island god who always says the right thing, is beautiful, understanding, romantic and supportive but doesn't come across as an annoying Mary Sue character. Amazing.

"Model Love" actually deals with a serious issue -- Ian is grieving the lost of his identical twin and reluctantly goes on a trip to Bora Bora with friends where he meets the perfect Temaru w
Isha
Jan 29, 2014 Isha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love S.J.Frost's writing. She's one of my favorites in the m/m genre. And she did not disappoint with Model Love. Ian and Temaru are both interesting characters, and Frost's portrayal of the world of modeling in high fashion seemed well thought out and sensitive. I really felt for Ian and his loss. Frost has a way of making the characters she created feel almost like they are real people, to the extent that at one point I really wanted to comfort Ian myself!
Fair warning, I think my rati
Kat
Jun 15, 2014 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bingo

Lovely story about Ian, a former model, who is lost in his grief for his twin brother. He gets dragged to Bora Bora by his friend and former agent to spend some time away and perhaps get a new view on life. On the island he meets Temarua a scuba diving instructor and they hit it off immediately. Ian and Temaru begin an affair that soon evolves into love and Temaru helps Ian heal.

This is an light and easy read, rather insta-love like a bit but still enjoyable and well done. Things wrap u
Momshell
Jul 22, 2016 Momshell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
3.5 stars, because I've read this same story before (different characters, different author) more than once, but still a nice read, low key romance with the twist about Ian's brother and how his death obviously affected him.
Rachel
I thought that this was a nice, sweet novella. I do think it was a bit too...insta-love, at times between the two, but I enjoyed the writing (as I always do with this author!) and got what I wanted - a sweet, sexy story!
Amanda
Oct 29, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
S.J. Frost never disappoints. Sweet wonderful read.
Louise
Louise rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Lillazza
Lillazza rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2013
MariDAcanto
MariDAcanto rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Eileen Wickham
Eileen Wickham rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2016
Jules Lovestoread
Jules Lovestoread rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Another Rock Star
  • Chase the Storm
  • Shadow of a Wolf
  • Spirit Bear
  • White-Knuckled Moments
  • Artist's Touch (Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #1)
  • The Stars that Tremble (Stars, #1)
  • The Troll Whisperer
  • The Coil
  • Gay Best Friend  (G-A-Y #10)
  • Second Act
  • Frat House Troopers (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #1)
  • Smoky Mountain Dreams
  • Fight
  • End of the Innocence (Tales from Foster High, #4)
  • Metal Heart
  • Exposed
  • The Dark Collector
S.J. Frost resides in Ohio with her family, pets, and horses. Her short stories have been featured in several erotic and romance anthologies, and her novels are published through MLR Press. Rock stars, vampires, fantasy heroes, and more, she enjoys dabbling in many different sub-genres in gay romance, but no matter what she writes, love and passion are the driving forces in every story.
More about S.J. Frost...