Start by marking “Streiker's Bride” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Streiker's Bride

Robin Hardy

Streiker's Bride

An intriguing story by the author of The Chataine's Guardian. When a young teller is summoned to the bank president's office, she assumes that she will be fired for being late to work too many times. Instead she receives a mysterious offer from the bank's wealthy owner, via the president: he wants to meet--and marry--her.
Published July 1st 1993 by NavPress Publishing Group (first published 1993)

Debra Chapoton
Jul 02, 2010 Debra Chapoton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the most heart squeezing/grabbing/wrenching/thrilling love story I've ever read. The most handsome, ideal, romantic, loving (you add all the adjectives you want in a man) wants to marry Adair and to top it off he's a billionaire. There's one catch though that is so bizarre that you will be hooked on this story at once. This is a marvelous allegory about . . . I don't want to spoil it. Best book I've read and it's the first in a trilogy.
Gwendolyn Gage
Feb 14, 2012 Gwendolyn Gage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: almost-favorites
When Adair receives a third-party marriage proposal from billionaire philanthropist Fletcher Streiker, she's offered a way out of a miserable paycheck-to-paycheck existence at a job she's not even good at, and a way to pursue her love of ballet. The catch is, she'll have to agree to marry him before she can actually meet him. And while Mr. Streiker seems to know all about her, she'll have to make her decision aided only by a folder full of letters and newsclippings that reveal his character and ...more
Michelle Griep
Jul 14, 2010 Michelle Griep rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I re-read this series every few years or so, it's that good...I mean GREAT! Streiker's Bride never fails to refresh my love for Jesus. It's an amazing contemporary allegory that brings to life just how much Jesus loves us. Do yourself a favor and read it. I have no doubt you'll be glad you did.
Nelson Suit
Mar 15, 2014 Nelson Suit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Streiker's Bride during my lunch hour whenever I could over several weeks. Those lunches were the highlight of my day. I found the story of Adair and the unusual courtship of her by the billionaire Fletcher to be engaging, suspenseful and fun. It reads in some ways like a detective mystery, where clues are revealed and the reader is always hoping to find out what will come next. Robin Hardy has a wonderful writing style and is a terrific storyteller. I remain struck at the different level ...more
Debbie
Dec 26, 2009 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
"Streiker's Bride" was a unique, fun, and intriguing romance. I quickly became immersed in this fast-paced story. The characters were engaging and complex, and I cared what happened to them. The characters dealt with realistic struggles, and the plot wasn't predictable.

The novel is a bit like "The Chronicles of Narnia" in that there's a deeper layer or meaning to the story. There's no religious talk since the novel isn't overtly Christian. A non-Christian could read the novel and assume it's a c
Christine
Dec 15, 2012 Christine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, christian
Great story and beautiful representation of Christ's love for us. The writing was ... eh ... not great but very ok. The story was angsty for me as I identified so closely to Adair, and I wanted so much what she wanted. I would recommend it especially to those who don't want a lot of "religion" in their story.
Liz
Jan 03, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star
I read this book in the 90's I imagine. It is still just as good, if not better. It is an incredible adventure and love story between a woman who is living paycheck to paycheck and suddenly finds herself being sought by a man of great power, wealth, integrity, and love.
Jen Heinze
The Streiker Saga Trilogy is the first set of fiction books that I ever added to my personal library (we have an awesome library here) and the first trilogy that I have ever read more than once. I have to say that they are my favorite books of all time.
Christy
Mar 04, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fashions are quite dated (literally laughably so!), but the STORY is absolutely amazing! I truly wish it would be republished so a new generation could read its message.
Donnette
Aug 22, 2008 Donnette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite Romance Novels. It leaves you thinking about why things were done the way they were. When I want to escape I pick up this book.
Carly
WOW! I would have enjoyed this book SOOOO much more the first time if I'd known it was an allegory for the church's relationship with Christ, the Bridegroom!!!!
Marcia Hill
Loved this allegory re. choosing Christ without ever seeing Him. Set in modern day Dallas. Different take but I loved it!
Susan
Mar 28, 2009 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not of high literary merit, but I enjoyed this modern Christian allegory. First book in Streiker Saga Trilogy.
Nancy Major
Nancy Major rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2012
Michele Israel Harper
Michele Israel Harper rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
breezlin
breezlin rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Audra
Audra rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Regina
Regina rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2013
Jennifer Mengelkamp
Jennifer Mengelkamp rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2013
Pattyav
Pattyav rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2009
Mandy Donne-Lee
Mandy Donne-Lee rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Cassandra Ellington
Cassandra Ellington rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Julianna Willey
Julianna Willey rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Sally Mckee
Sally Mckee rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2016
LuVerne Hoover
LuVerne Hoover rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Daughter of China (Daughter of China #1)
  • Behold the Dawn
  • Songbird
  • A Ranger's Trail (Texas Trails, #4)
  • Dawn in My Heart (Regency #1)
  • God Of All Comfort
  • The Earl's Mistaken Bride (The Parson's Daughters, #1)
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Newlywed Games
  • Kinship with All Life
  • Joy Takes Flight (Alaskan Skies, #3)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
  • The Blackmailed Bride
  • Departures: Two Rediscovered Stories of Christy Miller and Sierra Jensen
  • A Certain Hope (Texas Hearts, #1)
  • The Griffin Cryer
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Great Sex: (And You Thought Bad Girls Have All the Fun)

“He's spent all his life in good-natured rebellion against the tyranny of the unimportant.” 3 likes