Start by marking “Streiker's Bride” as Want to Read:
Streiker's Bride

Robin Hardy

Streiker's Bride

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  20 reviews
An intriguing story by the author of The Chataine's Guardian. When a young teller is summoned to the bank president's office, she assumes that she will be fired for being late to work too many times. Instead she receives a mysterious offer from the bank's wealthy owner, via the president: he wants to meet--and marry--her.
Published July 1st 1993 by NavPress Publishing Group (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Streiker's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Streiker's Bride

Debra Chapoton
This was the most heart squeezing/grabbing/wrenching/thrilling love story I've ever read. The most handsome, ideal, romantic, loving (you add all the adjectives you want in a man) wants to marry Adair and to top it off he's a billionaire. There's one catch though that is so bizarre that you will be hooked on this story at once. This is a marvelous allegory about . . . I don't want to spoil it. Best book I've read and it's the first in a trilogy.
Gwen
When Adair receives a third-party marriage proposal from billionaire philanthropist Fletcher Streiker, she's offered a way out of a miserable paycheck-to-paycheck existence at a job she's not even good at, and a way to pursue her love of ballet. The catch is, she'll have to agree to marry him before she can actually meet him. And while Mr. Streiker seems to know all about her, she'll have to make her decision aided only by a folder full of letters and newsclippings that reveal his character and ...more
Nelson Suit
I read Streiker's Bride during my lunch hour whenever I could over several weeks. Those lunches were the highlight of my day. I found the story of Adair and the unusual courtship of her by the billionaire Fletcher to be engaging, suspenseful and fun. It reads in some ways like a detective mystery, where clues are revealed and the reader is always hoping to find out what will come next. Robin Hardy has a wonderful writing style and is a terrific storyteller. I remain struck at the different level ...more
Michelle Griep
I re-read this series every few years or so, it's that good...I mean GREAT! Streiker's Bride never fails to refresh my love for Jesus. It's an amazing contemporary allegory that brings to life just how much Jesus loves us. Do yourself a favor and read it. I have no doubt you'll be glad you did.
Debbie
"Streiker's Bride" was a unique, fun, and intriguing romance. I quickly became immersed in this fast-paced story. The characters were engaging and complex, and I cared what happened to them. The characters dealt with realistic struggles, and the plot wasn't predictable.

The novel is a bit like "The Chronicles of Narnia" in that there's a deeper layer or meaning to the story. There's no religious talk since the novel isn't overtly Christian. A non-Christian could read the novel and assume it's a c
Meghan
4.5 stars. So many parallels to ponder when you finish this book. It was a hard one to put down!
Michael Butterworth
Exciting book! Tore through it in one day!
Melissa
Beautiful allegory of Ephesians 5:31-32
Christine
Great story and beautiful representation of Christ's love for us. The writing was ... eh ... not great but very ok. The story was angsty for me as I identified so closely to Adair, and I wanted so much what she wanted. I would recommend it especially to those who don't want a lot of "religion" in their story.
Liz
I read this book in the 90's I imagine. It is still just as good, if not better. It is an incredible adventure and love story between a woman who is living paycheck to paycheck and suddenly finds herself being sought by a man of great power, wealth, integrity, and love.
Jen Heinze
The Streiker Saga Trilogy is the first set of fiction books that I ever added to my personal library (we have an awesome library here) and the first trilogy that I have ever read more than once. I have to say that they are my favorite books of all time.
Denise Bailey
It was an amazing story. An allegory on Christ and his love for us.
Carly
WOW! I would have enjoyed this book SOOOO much more the first time if I'd known it was an allegory for the church's relationship with Christ, the Bridegroom!!!!
Donnette
This is one of my favorite Romance Novels. It leaves you thinking about why things were done the way they were. When I want to escape I pick up this book.
Marcia Hill
Loved this allegory re. choosing Christ without ever seeing Him. Set in modern day Dallas. Different take but I loved it!
Susan
Not of high literary merit, but I enjoyed this modern Christian allegory. First book in Streiker Saga Trilogy.
Angela Sellers
This was a good story, but my parents were convinced that it was a romance novel. (which it isn't)
Carol
A wonder novel dipicting Christ's love for us and our blinded trust in His love for us.
Kailey
I liked this book. It has a good analogy behind it.
Kate Taylor
Kate Taylor marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Lynn Wayne
Lynn Wayne marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Cindy Nipper
Cindy Nipper marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • Behold the Dawn
  • The Blackmailed Bride
  • Daughter of China (Daughter of China #1)
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek
  • Songbird
  • With Endless Sight (Crossroads of Grace #3)
  • Kansas Home: Hearts Adrift Find a Place to Dwell in Four Romantic Stories
  • Jewels for a Crown (Victorian Serenade #3)
  • Her Colorado Man
  • The Penniless Bride (Harlequin Historical #725)
  • Tomorrow's Garden (Texas Dreams, #3)
  • Betrayal
  • Kinship with All Life
  • De Buty & The Beast (Faerie Tale Romance)
  • A Ranger's Trail (Texas Trails, #4)
  • Central Park (Austen Series, #3)
Chataine's Guardian Stone of Help: The Annals of Lystra Liberation of Lystra: Book Three of the Annals of Lystra Streiker, the Killdeer Streiker's Morning Sun

“He's spent all his life in good-natured rebellion against the tyranny of the unimportant.” 3 likes