Start by marking “Mind Field” as Want to Read:
Mind Field

Mind Field

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  274 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Poems deal with mortality, the sea, music, writers, artists, travel, nature, dreams, and guilt.
Published September 1st 1989 by Hanuman Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Field, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Field

Craig Werner
As the introductory remarks by Allen Ginsberg and William Burroughs attest, Corso's one of those poets who maintained a high reputation among those who knew him as part of the Beat Generation. Reading this selection of the six volumes he published during his life, supplemented by a sheaf of mostly forgettable unpublished work, I caught glimpses of what he had to offer. "Marriage" has been one of my favorites since I read it when I was first discovering poetry-outside-class: "Penguin dust, bring...more
Jerry Oliver
This is one of my favorite books of poetry. A wonderful selection of poems from throughout his career including some of his best late period pieces. Corso's poem The Whole Mess...Almost, is a personal favorite. Elegiac Feelings American and Bomb are classics.
Gregory Corso will always hold a special place in my heart. He is the one and only Beat that I got to meet. He came to give a poetry reading at a funky bar named Duffy's in St. Paul, Minnesota in the late winter of 1983. The night of his re...more
Haylee
Its a Corso compilation. If you've never read Corso, start with Elegiac Feelings American.
J.P.
Sep 26, 2007 J.P. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: poets
The place to start with Corso. The best available overview of his work, bar none.
Heather
This 3-star is a bit misleading--it's difficult to rate a collection as a whole. Some of the poems were 4-star, a couple even 5-star. But on the whole, I was not thrilled with the poetry, which I thought I would be. His best poems, to me, are when he's speaking about his life (i.e. his birthday poems). So many of his poems rang more like essays to me. Just didn't knock my socks off.
Edward Moore
Some good things here. I think the technique if first write best write should not be ironclad but Corso appears to be faithful to it. Although we never know, do we? I am glad I read it right after Ginsberg's complete poems. I ought to try some Burroughs.
Jackie
Nov 09, 2010 Jackie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
What? I dont know, I've read about 9 poems and maybe 7 of them were good. What the fuck is this? MANDIE HOW DOES THIS WORK?!
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Christina Penland
Christina Penland marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Mays39
Mays39 marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Paul Green
Paul Green marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Jonna
Jonna marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Sophie Barloc
Sophie Barloc marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Treebeard
Treebeard marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Jennifer Delaney
Jennifer Delaney marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Rich Wyman
Rich Wyman marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Lin
Lin marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • Antipoems: How to Look Better and Feel Great
  • Transbluesency: Selected Poems, 1961-1995
  • New Collected Poems
  • Fear of Dreaming: The Selected Poems
  • Calligrammes: Poems of Peace and War (1913-1916)
  • Collected Poems
  • The Great Enigma: New Collected Poems
  • Death and Fame: Last Poems, 1993-1997
  • Lyrics: 1962-2001
  • Elegy
  • Bone Palace Ballet
  • Unfortunately, It Was Paradise: Selected Poems
  • The Gary Snyder Reader: Prose, Poetry, and Translations
Gregory Nunzio Corso was an American poet, youngest of the inner circle of Beat Generation writers (with Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, and William Burroughs).
More about Gregory Corso...
Gasoline & The Vestal Lady on Brattle The Happy Birthday of Death Elegiac Feelings American Long Live Man Gasoline