Start by marking “Cut and Run” as Want to Read:
Cut and Run

Cut and Run

Cut And Run
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published February 20th 2007 by MIRA (first published July 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Cut and Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut and Run

Dee
Oct 28, 2011 Dee rated it it was amazing
"Cut and Run" by Carla Neggers
I loved this book! A diamond had been passed on for 400 yrs in this famaily although most people thought it was a myth. A lot of history about the nazis how people survived and how many died. A little romance and a lot of how families stuck together. There is a lot of evil but how good wins out in the end. I highly recommend this book! Excelent read!!!!
Rebecca Becker
Apr 06, 2012 Rebecca Becker rated it it was ok
The concept was intriguing, but one thing that bothered me as a writer is that there were several mistakes in the second half of this book (typos, incorrect words, spacing). Despite that, I appreciated Neggers' unique story, and her characters were fleshed-out and interesting.
Jodi
Oct 03, 2012 Jodi rated it liked it
Good suspense novel - enjoyed getting lost in it.
Heidi
Mar 16, 2017 Heidi rated it it was amazing
This is awesome :) I love the plot. It was just heartbreaking how much Stark took care of Weaze. And that last... "Give them back to me when I deserve to wear 'em" The war medals that Otis got. What a blast of a story! Nice one Carla! I really love your works!
Crystal
Jun 06, 2017 Crystal rated it really liked it
Great story with interesting characters. If it wasn't for the editing errors, I would have easily given this one 5 stars. A mysterious diamond worth millions of it really exists, history evading Nazis, Vietnam veterans, and a wold famous concert pianist make this a fascinating book.
Chris
Mar 15, 2017 Chris rated it really liked it
It's a book you can't put down, until the end. I randomly picked up this book. ...and had a pleasant time, reading it.
Mary
Nov 01, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
A romance that starts under suspenseful circumstances. The story follows a family of survivors from the Holocaust. This family is said to protect the legend of the Minstrel's Rough, said to be the largest uncut diamond ever known to man. Now lets add some Vietnam vets in the 3rd generation, some good men and some not so good. In the first few chapters you are introduced to the players on all sides. Every thing starts to unfold as the story goes on. It kept me gripped in the story. Lots of myster ...more
Ferne
Dec 04, 2012 Ferne rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the story but I'm only rating as 2 stars to say "ok" as regardless of the older copyright date there is no excuse for publication of a novel with this many copy editing errors - missed words in a sentence, spelling errors, etc. Very sad. Very disappointing and has been noted in one too many titles by Carla Neggers. Someone needs a new editing team or needs to read the final copy one more time as 'owner' of the work prior to release for publication.
Sara
Aug 21, 2008 Sara rated it it was ok
Sadly this book has been on my currently-reading shelf for long enough that I'm giving up. I've tried to get through it repeatedly but it has just hit such a sluggish pace that it's no longer enjoyable. It's a shame because it's a very unique and creative plot which was exciting in the beginning but really ran out of steam. I still recommend it to anyone who likes a good novel that twists romance, mystery, and historical fiction; maybe others will have better attention span to it than I did!
Terri
Feb 26, 2016 Terri rated it liked it
This book gave good information about the history of WWII and the Dutch - sad and horrific. However, it was very tedious. I almost quit half way through, which I NEVER do. I came to GoodReads and read some reviews which kept me going.
Jenny
Dec 29, 2009 Jenny rated it really liked it
This was a great book especially for anyone who is Dutch or knows Dutch people. Lot's about the German Occupation of Holland during WWII and also insight into Dutch culture & people. Some Mystery & Romance.
Shirley Bonacci
Mar 21, 2016 Shirley Bonacci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WWII and beyond

From Holland during the war years to the concert piano circuit with the daughter of one of the early players a story compelling and exciting with lots of adventure and a touch of love.
Ette
Apr 24, 2012 Ette rated it did not like it
Full of foul language.
Theresa Hurley
Aug 31, 2016 Theresa Hurley rated it it was amazing
Great story! Loved Julianna and Matt are perfect! Lots of suspense and twists in this one! Really enjoyed it!
Brenda
Sep 19, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
Carla Neggers, another very good author. Good suspense books, always a "can't put it down until it's done" type of writter.
Cyrena
May 21, 2008 Cyrena rated it it was ok
Kinda wierd and the plot was a stretch.
Desiree reilly
Mar 09, 2010 Desiree reilly rated it it was amazing
what can i sy this book was very interesting i injoy it alot they oanly take me aobut 3 day if t hat to read and i am going to ask her to autogrph them ofr me ty so much for wtirient ehm
Bobbie Fisher
Feb 11, 2013 Bobbie Fisher rated it really liked it
Highly enjoyable. Great fiction. Suspense, mystery, and just a small love story make it a pleasure to read.
Starket
Mar 02, 2008 Starket rated it it was ok
This was the least favorite book that I have read by this author. It was very slow to get into this book. In fact, I never really did get into this book. Such a disappointment.
Mary
Sep 01, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
As always, a great quick read! I am working on reading them all!
Nicole
Sep 28, 2013 Nicole rated it did not like it
The only reason I was able to finish this book was I had nothing else to read. It was slow at work and I was bored.
Sheryl
May 12, 2015 Sheryl rated it liked it
Yet another strong female character. Also brought in some interesting facts about the diamond business and how the Dutch were involved in WWII.
Kelly Moran
Mar 27, 2008 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing
romantic suspense. First chapter hard to get into, but great after.
Rene Rodgers Podgorski
Mar 09, 2008 Rene Rodgers Podgorski rated it it was amazing
Took awhile but it was worth it. WOW
Lester
Aug 18, 2012 Lester rated it liked it
Great book for a trip down the lake. Enjoyed the 'suspense'..don't quite know why it was touted as a 'romance' type novel..that just made me think I better not start reading it..but it was there.
Michelle Goff
Michelle Goff rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Lisa Hund
Lisa Hund rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Vikki
Vikki rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2011
Brandy
Brandy rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Aljean
Aljean rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2011
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Out of the Storm (Stewart Sisters, #3)
  • Dark Water
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Cypress Nights (Bayou #10)
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
  • The Midnight Work
  • Winterkill
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #9-10)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)
  • Cold Midnight
  • In Seconds (Bulletproof, #2)
  • Three Days in Seattle
  • Love: A User's Guide
  • Neck & Neck (Kentucky Derby, #3)
  • Out of the Darkness (Offspring, #2)
Carla Neggers has been spinning stories ever since she climbed a tree with pad and pen at age eleven. Now she is the New York Times bestselling author of almost 70 novels, with millions of books sold in over 30 countries. Her popular Sharpe & Donovan romantic suspense series featuring FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan launched with Saint’s Gate in 2011 and has been praised as “a breatht ...more
More about Carla Neggers...

“Your view of the world is just as skewed as someone who has never seen combat... We all state our convictions from within our convictions.” 1 likes