Start by marking “Cut and Run” as Want to Read:
Cut and Run

Cut and Run

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  397 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The largest uncut diamond in the world, the Minstrel's Rough, is little more than legend. Brought into the Pepperkamp family in 1548, it has been handed down to one keeper in each generation. Juliana Fall has inherited its splendor from her uncle—and, unwittingly, its legacy of danger.

Juliana's mother wants nothing more than to bury her memories of the Nazi occupation of t
Published March 1st 2007 by Mira (first published July 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Cut and Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut and Run

Dee
Oct 28, 2011 Dee rated it it was amazing
"Cut and Run" by Carla Neggers
I loved this book! A diamond had been passed on for 400 yrs in this famaily although most people thought it was a myth. A lot of history about the nazis how people survived and how many died. A little romance and a lot of how families stuck together. There is a lot of evil but how good wins out in the end. I highly recommend this book! Excelent read!!!!
Rebecca Becker
Apr 06, 2012 Rebecca Becker rated it it was ok
The concept was intriguing, but one thing that bothered me as a writer is that there were several mistakes in the second half of this book (typos, incorrect words, spacing). Despite that, I appreciated Neggers' unique story, and her characters were fleshed-out and interesting.
Mary
Nov 01, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
A romance that starts under suspenseful circumstances. The story follows a family of survivors from the Holocaust. This family is said to protect the legend of the Minstrel's Rough, said to be the largest uncut diamond ever known to man. Now lets add some Vietnam vets in the 3rd generation, some good men and some not so good. In the first few chapters you are introduced to the players on all sides. Every thing starts to unfold as the story goes on. It kept me gripped in the story. Lots of myster ...more
Jodi
Oct 21, 2012 Jodi rated it liked it
Good suspense novel - enjoyed getting lost in it.
Terri
Feb 26, 2016 Terri rated it liked it
This book gave good information about the history of WWII and the Dutch - sad and horrific. However, it was very tedious. I almost quit half way through, which I NEVER do. I came to GoodReads and read some reviews which kept me going.
Shirley Bonacci
Mar 21, 2016 Shirley Bonacci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WWII and beyond

From Holland during the war years to the concert piano circuit with the daughter of one of the early players a story compelling and exciting with lots of adventure and a touch of love.
Brenda
Sep 19, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
Carla Neggers, another very good author. Good suspense books, always a "can't put it down until it's done" type of writter.
Sheryl
May 26, 2015 Sheryl rated it liked it
Yet another strong female character. Also brought in some interesting facts about the diamond business and how the Dutch were involved in WWII.
Sara
Nov 03, 2008 Sara rated it it was ok
Sadly this book has been on my currently-reading shelf for long enough that I'm giving up. I've tried to get through it repeatedly but it has just hit such a sluggish pace that it's no longer enjoyable. It's a shame because it's a very unique and creative plot which was exciting in the beginning but really ran out of steam. I still recommend it to anyone who likes a good novel that twists romance, mystery, and historical fiction; maybe others will have better attention span to it than I did!
Ferne
Oct 20, 2013 Ferne rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the story but I'm only rating as 2 stars to say "ok" as regardless of the older copyright date there is no excuse for publication of a novel with this many copy editing errors - missed words in a sentence, spelling errors, etc. Very sad. Very disappointing and has been noted in one too many titles by Carla Neggers. Someone needs a new editing team or needs to read the final copy one more time as 'owner' of the work prior to release for publication.
Jenny
Dec 29, 2009 Jenny rated it really liked it
This was a great book especially for anyone who is Dutch or knows Dutch people. Lot's about the German Occupation of Holland during WWII and also insight into Dutch culture & people. Some Mystery & Romance.
Lester
Aug 18, 2012 Lester rated it liked it
Great book for a trip down the lake. Enjoyed the 'suspense'..don't quite know why it was touted as a 'romance' type novel..that just made me think I better not start reading it..but it was there.
Desiree reilly
Mar 09, 2010 Desiree reilly rated it it was amazing
what can i sy this book was very interesting i injoy it alot they oanly take me aobut 3 day if t hat to read and i am going to ask her to autogrph them ofr me ty so much for wtirient ehm
Starket
Mar 02, 2008 Starket rated it it was ok
This was the least favorite book that I have read by this author. It was very slow to get into this book. In fact, I never really did get into this book. Such a disappointment.
Nicole
Oct 09, 2013 Nicole rated it did not like it
The only reason I was able to finish this book was I had nothing else to read. It was slow at work and I was bored.
Bobbie Fisher
Feb 24, 2013 Bobbie Fisher rated it really liked it
Highly enjoyable. Great fiction. Suspense, mystery, and just a small love story make it a pleasure to read.
Kelly Moran
Mar 27, 2008 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing
romantic suspense. First chapter hard to get into, but great after.
Mary
Sep 02, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
As always, a great quick read! I am working on reading them all!
Sharon Davies
ok book for traveling. bit boring
Rene Rodgers Podgorski
May 30, 2008 Rene Rodgers Podgorski rated it it was amazing
Took awhile but it was worth it. WOW
Cyrena
May 21, 2008 Cyrena rated it it was ok
Kinda wierd and the plot was a stretch.
Andrea
Jun 13, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it
Magnificent uncut diamond
Ette
Apr 24, 2012 Ette rated it did not like it
Full of foul language.
Julie Ann
Julie Ann rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Pauline Anglin
Pauline Anglin rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Sharon Jayne
Sharon Jayne marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Flo James
Flo James rated it it was ok
May 13, 2016
Bree Dumont
Bree Dumont rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
May 10, 2016
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Out of the Storm (Stewart Sisters, #3)
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Dark Water
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
  • Winterkill
  • The Midnight Work
  • Divine Justice (Divine Trilogy, #2)
  • Talon
  • Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)
  • In Seconds (Bulletproof, #2)
  • Out of the Darkness (Offspring, #2)
  • Three Days in Seattle
  • Love: A User's Guide: A Novel of Romance with Attitude
  • In Legend Born (Chronicles of Sirkara, #1)
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #9-10)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
Carla Neggers has been spinning stories ever since she climbed a tree with pad and pen at age eleven. Now she is the New York Times bestselling author of almost 70 novels, with millions of books sold in over 30 countries. Her popular Sharpe & Donovan romantic suspense series featuring FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan launched with Saint’s Gate in 2011 and has been praised as “a breatht ...more
More about Carla Neggers...

“Your view of the world is just as skewed as someone who has never seen combat... We all state our convictions from within our convictions.” 0 likes