Start by marking “Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)

Led Astray (Astray & Devil #1)

3.73  ·  Rating Details ·  2,519 Ratings  ·  143 Reviews
Cage Hendren had chased, and caught, more than his share of women, but he loved only one -- the quiet and serious Jenny Fletcher.

A natural born hell-raiser, danger followed him like a shadow. But tragedy struck too close to home when his brother was killed in Central America, leaving behind his broken-hearted fiancee -- the one woman Cage had always wanted. He was about to
Published March 1st 2005 by Mira (first published October 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Led Astray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Led Astray

Saly
I really loved Led Astray, it didn't feel dated to me at all.

Jenny was taken in by the Hendrens when she lost her parents at fourteen and she has lived with them since then, letting them choose her life and planning to marry their younger son Hal.

She is preparing to see off Hal, who is going on a mission to Central America when she goes outside and Cage joins her. Cage is the eldest son, the one who, has never been given his parents approval or love since he is not as perfect as Hal, and this is
Booklover
5++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ rate book,absolutely fantastic wonderful heart warming emotional romance,Cage Henderson is now on my most adored hero list on no 1 spot,loved him through the story

Cage Henderson such a wonderful sweet caring humble brave courageous man,he has so much patience,he is such a selfless man always thought of others and helped them in his own way,my heart went out to him whole life he was ignored and abandoned by his parents,he had a family but for only name sake he was s
Malika
Jan 28, 2014 Malika rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Malika by: Booked
First Sandra Brown bk read! Omg where the hell hav i been how can i missed this?! Soo good! Thanks alot for recommending this bk for me :-)

If you have more sandra brown bk wit similiar heros plz plz plz let me know ;-) thanks
Mahlet
Jun 21, 2008 Mahlet rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of HEA romance where the woman struggles to give in.
Shelves: romance, own
I don't want to give it away, but as a reader, you find out some pretty shocking news at the beginning of the story, and I'm not talking about the "good" brother Hal's death, mentioned on the backcover. Maybe other readers saw it coming, but I did not, so from that point on, I was hooked!

I loved the h/h pair! The misunderstood, bad-boy hero Cage, has basically made it his mission to have his dead brother's wife, whom he's loved for years, for himself. Jenny has always felt a little uncomfortable
D.G.
Mar 27, 2015 D.G. rated it it was ok
I'm sorry but I cannot get pass the plot point that served as one of the catalysts in this story. It was just too appalling. I think there was a way for the author to achieve the same results in a way that the hero wouldn't have taken advantage of the heroine in such a way: (view spoiler) At least he realized what he had done - he thought of h ...more
Lyuda
Jan 18, 2015 Lyuda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I would say this is my favorite of Sandra Brown romances back when she wrote them. The story of two brothers loving the same woman is definitely not new but very appealing main characters made all the difference. The love triangle in the story was resolved early on when the younger brother died on a church mission to Central America leaving his fiancé and older brother on the central stage. The chemistry between the two characters was very good, the secondary characters well drawn, both brining ...more
Lemon
Sep 10, 2011 Lemon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
What a lovely and heartwarming read. This book was emotional and sweet and the hero was thoroughly lovable and huggable in his vulnerability behind the bad boy attitude. Thanks a million to Saly!
Leona
Dec 08, 2012 Leona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Absolutely loved it......my favorite Sandra Brown Book!
Rbeey
Oct 15, 2010 Rbeey rated it it was amazing
Definitely..LED ASTRAY is....
The sweetest love hang over no true Romantic wants to get over!
Love oooh TRUE Love... goes where it pleases Not where it is sent.
Caution! Caution!
This True Romantic imposingly felt... burns penetrate deep down to the love bone.
Every drop of this delicious READ oozed and dripped from the pages with scorching white HOT Lava fires!
Why yes indeed,Loves magic was majestically work in this short READ!

No matter what demands or allegiances Heroine(JENNY)felt to her so
Jessi
Do you remember Amanda Seyfreid’s character Karen from Mean Girls?
Mean Girls Gif

Well imagine she grew up and was also a Christian, then you would have our leading lady in Led Astray, Jenny.

Yep, a bit of a dumb dumb. Why does innocent have to equal stupid in these romance novels? Why????? Argh! A conversation for another day and a bit of a deep conversation for this waiting pool of a story.

Anyways the romantic leading man is Cage, a hot alpha male bad boy who has been in love with Jenny from afar for years,
Linda
LED ASTRAY was an older contemporary romance originally released in 1985 under one of several pseudonyms Sandra Brown used earlier in her career: Erin St. Claire. Hands down, it is a 'wonk' romance.

Typical of the 1980's, Cage Hendren was a man with money, power and common sense. Well, most of the time. His father was a preacher and his mother was a housewife and they raised two boys that were as different as could be. Cage was the rowdy one. Always seeking attention in the most unusual places bu
Jessica A.
Mar 11, 2016 Jessica A. rated it it was amazing
Cage... Cage... Cage... meu bad boy dos anos 80

Simplesmente apaixonada por este livro *-*

Meu primeiro romance de banca e comecei com o pé direito, to encantada até agora! Confesso, que tinha lá as minhas dúvidas sobre romances de banca, pensava que era aqueles clichês danado, totalmente melosos e super previsíveis, sei lá, eu jurava que era assim, mas como sou lerda (como sempre) sempre procrastinava a leitura, apesar de possuir dois na minha estante.

Como tudo que eu for falar sobre esse livro n
Kristen
Apr 15, 2008 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
In Sandra Brown's classic romance, Led Astray, the first book in the Astray and Devil series, this was a beautiful and heart-warming timeless story about second chances to find love. When Jenny Fletcher mourned the loss of her fiancé's sudden tragic death, she found a surprisingly sympathetic friend in his enigmatic breather, Cage Hendren. She always considered him reckless and wild, until he brought the wild side out of her. For Cage Hendren, he had chased and caught more than his side of his w ...more
Booked
It's right up my alley. It's a sweet story with just the right balance of angst that pulls on your heartstrings. Cage is so much a besotted hero who's both naughty and nice. I, personally like his swoon worthy brand of courtship very much. A very light heartwarming read.
Jucilene
Mar 30, 2013 Jucilene rated it really liked it
nhaaawn I love this book!!

Darcy
Dec 19, 2010 Darcy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, audio-book, romance
This was a cute story, dealing with 2 brother's, one the golden child, one the black sheep. The golden child, Hal, engaged to be married to Jenny, but the black sheep, Cage, was in love with her. And Jenny, well, she was orphaned and the brother's parents took her in, so she does what they want, putting what she really wants to the side, so much so that she really doesn't know what she wants.

Things happen that jerk the rug out from under Jenny and she has to re-evaluate everything in her life,
Sara
Mar 19, 2014 Sara rated it it was ok
This is quite a dated book, but that does not excuse how predictable and manipulative it is. Yes, I get that it is a romance novel. But no, even I can't get behind a heroine so bizarrely clueless that, in her plans to seduce someone, her first step is to take two sleeping pills.

The fact that several of the characters are (allegedly) devout Christians also seemed a poor fit for most of this novel.

Finally, I realize this was written before date rape was a thing that society grasped, but the crux o
Pam
Sep 30, 2007 Pam rated it really liked it
12/15/05 #219
TITLE/AUTHOR: LED ASTRAY (Audio) by Sandra Brown
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF CD's: Romance, 1985, 8 CD's
COMMENTS: Older romance, hard to get past the beginning
where one brother has sex w/ Jenni under the guise of
the other and she is oblivous... otherwise the story
was decent. Jenni had been engaged to Hal, son of a
preacher who leaves to help political refugees. She
doesn't want him to leave and seduces him but in fact
it is the "bad boy" brother that comes to her bed,
unbeknownst t
Novianti
Jan 22, 2009 Novianti rated it really liked it
Shelves: sandra-brown
This is my fist novel SB i read it... when i start to read this novel i'm still teenager n really kinda shocking for me, coz i never read a novel like this before since that i fell in love with romance novel n SB is one of my favorite author.

The story itself very intriguing, sexy, and the plot was easy to be follow not a heavy reading. And the intimates scene is good, it's descriptive very well. I like the hole story.

Natalija
May 08, 2012 Natalija rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I really enjoyed this book. Cage is a great example of alpha hero without being a jerk. I gave it 4 stars only because of the ending. In my opinion, the circumstances (I don't want to spoil :) that led to the happy ending were the easiest way out. I would prefer for Jenny & Cage's parents to get there on their own. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about this book. Highly recommended!
Myra
Mar 16, 2009 Myra rated it really liked it
I've been reading alot of Sandra Brown's books. Very tasteful and good story lines. I need to read her bio b/c in 2 of the few that I've read a son has died. Nevertheless, the story gets your imagination going and you can forget about the "real" world for a little while.
JoDee
Jul 23, 2013 JoDee rated it did not like it
I cannot believe Sandra Brown has such a following and has written so many books. This was written many years ago from the cultural references, so I am assuming it must have been one of her first books. I fast forwarded through much of it. Such overuse of adjectives!
Didichan
Jan 20, 2012 Didichan rated it did not like it
Shelves: amore-forbidden
disfusting ... Cage raped her... na this is not a love story .. its very disgusting i feel so sorry for Hal.... i hated this
Loretta
Apr 13, 2008 Loretta rated it liked it
Shelves: feb-2009
A very good love story. It was fun following Cage and Jenny through their trials and tribulations to reach a happy ending..
Kimmy Lewis
Dec 17, 2009 Kimmy Lewis rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!! This book was keeping me on the edge of my seat constantly!! I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next!!
Sheree
Jan 04, 2010 Sheree rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
This was a great book the first half you know this secret that the main character does not know. It adds to the storyline.
May
Sep 28, 2007 May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I miss my copy...it wasn't returned to me yet...I would have loved to reread this. Just love the hero here!! a romantic bad boy!!!ooh lala!!:D
Patty
Aug 08, 2008 Patty rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book, romance
It was a good love story a little sad but in the end they all live happy ever after. :0)
Cheryl
Oct 30, 2009 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I "read" books on CD, it was very good. I like Sandra Brown, she's a great writer
Vienna Marie
  • Loving Jessie
  • Dark Illusion
  • When Angels Fall
  • A Past Revenge
  • One Fine Day (Molly, #2)
  • Disturbing Stranger
  • A Vengeful Passion
  • Waking Up
  • The Valentine Child (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #1795)
  • Marriage: For Business or Pleasure?
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...

Astray & Devil (2 books)
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)

“Hal wouldn't have done anything so...so...so sinful. Especially not on the night before he left for Central America as she claims.” 0 likes