Start by marking “Franklin Es un Mandon = Franklin is Bossy” as Want to Read:
Franklin Es un Mandon = Franklin is Bossy

Franklin Es un Mandon = Franklin is Bossy (Franklin the Turtle)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  2,921 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Franklin, a turtle who constantly gives orders to his animal friends, learns an important lesson about friendship.
Published March 1st 2002 by Lectorum Publications (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Franklin Es un Mandon = Franklin is Bossy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Franklin Es un Mandon = Franklin is Bossy

Sofi
Feb 25, 2015 Sofi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I EVER checked out from the library. I was six. Looking at the cover, I remember that these books are what inspired my ever-lasting love for reading!
Yousra
دي قصة من اتنين استعرناهم من مكتبة النادي بفضل عضوية ابني الكبير في مكتبة النادي، ودي كانت قصة من اختياره

فضلت أفكر فترة ... مش كان أحسن إن فريق الترجمة يعتمد كلمة المتسلط بدل العنيد ؟؟!! هي الأكثر تعبيرا وهي الأنسب لترجمة العنوان الأصلي بس شرحها كان هيبقى صعب

أحسن حاجة في فري إنه مش بطل مثالي بل هو طفل ... احيانا كويس وبيتعلموا من سلوكه واحيانا بيعمل غلطات أو بيتصف بصفات سيئة وبيصلح من سلوكه فالأولاد يتعلموا برضو إن عادي اننا نغلط والمهم اننا مانتماداش في الغلط

هنا فري متسلط بيفرض على صحابه نوعي
Charlie
I don't hate this book. It's okay. This book teaches a lesson: Don't be bossy or people won't want to play with you. I'm glad that Franklin forgives Bear and Bear forgives Franklin but here is what I don't like: Franklin has time to himself but an hour later he thinks he's ready to go back outside. But when he gets outside he gives orders again. Franklin is selfish and a naughty person. Almost every book I've read on Franklin he does something he's not supposed to be doing. In, "Franklin Says So ...more
Carly Brown
For Carly's Award

Level: Transitional

Genre: Picture Book

Topic: Best Friends, fighting with friends, being bossy

Curricular Use: Independent Reading

Social: Having a friend who always wants to be the boss, learning to be a better friend, learning that friends don't like to be bossed around, learning the importance of friendship

Literary Elements: Dialogue, Dynamic characters, conflict and resolution, moral of the story

Strong Connection between the pictures and the text (the pictures mirror the emotio
Liane
Oct 08, 2008 Liane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Liane by: Misty
Shelves: carly
Genre: Picture book, animal story

Reading Level: Early

Topics & Themes: Friendship. Bossy friends.

Curricular Use: Shared

Social: Apologies. Unselfishness: When playing with others they should have input.

Literary Elements: Conflict between Franklin and his friends. Moral of being a good sport. Franklin is dynamic: adapts to his friends wishes and stops being bossy so not alone. Personification.

Text & Pictures: Interaction of text and pictures.
Slayermel
Jul 09, 2009 Slayermel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents with young children
I think this is one of my favourite Franklin books, because guaranteed in every class I have children who can relate to the story.
Franklin always picks the games and changes the rules to them so he can be the winner every time. When him and his friends get together to play baseball Franklin always pitches and tells his friends which position to play. His friends get tired of Franklin always telling them what to do and walk off to play by them selves.
Alyssa Garrison
Franklin is Bossy is another book in the Fable genre. This book uses Franklin and his friend Bear to teach kids not to be bossy and to be kind to their friends. The animals all have human traits and relationships, including the father-son relationship that portrays a father figure to seek advice from. I remember watching this tv show and also enjoyed reading the books.
Kia M.
Apr 11, 2011 Kia M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: text-to-self
I'm sure this could be a text-to-self connection for a lot of students. Whether they are the one being bossy, or has that friend that always tries to boss them around. Great way to show your students that being bossy is not okay, and if you don't learn to treat your friends better they won't want to be your friend anymore. It's important to learn how to work together.
Katherine
Franklin is seriosuly bossy and controlling in this book. I taught this book for a certain individual in the class who was having a hard time letting go and letting others be in control- he also loved telling people what to do. We then roll played and I used this child as an example without ever calling him out. A good lesson-learning book.
Hector Gutierrez
Since my class is the turtles we are fans of Franklin books. This book fits great into any lesson because some of our turtles like to be bossy for no reason sometimes, so this is a good reminder that being bossy is a bad thing because no one will want to play with you.
Kristina
Apr 09, 2015 Kristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just adore Franklin! I used to watch it with my little sister and was as much captivated and fascinated as she was :D Franklin is such a lovely little creature and all of the stories have some moral in them :)
Dharwiyanti
Feb 04, 2009 Dharwiyanti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: franklin
Bunda sih suka, tapi Naila ga mau baca lagi. Kayaknya sih ngerasa kesindir, hehe..
Judul bahasa Indonesianya kan "Franklin Mau Menang Sendiri". Kata Naila, "aku ga mau menang sendiri kok Bunda, aku kan maunya menang sama2.."
Tracey
Daman
Nov 04, 2013 Daman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing.
Leiera Monae
Jun 19, 2014 Leiera Monae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-teens

Grade: 1-2
Jessie Alvis
Logan is reading
Yates Marie
This book is about Franklin being really bossy. He tells all of his friends what to do and evetually they get tired of this. Franklin learns a lesson in this book.
Efundunke
Aug 18, 2011 Efundunke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for that student who thinks that he/she is your assistant. If you are not an animated reader, don't bother.
The Brothers
Another Franklin book. Simple story about how bossing people around doesn't really endear you to them.

Cartoony and cute illustrations.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 18617 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.2 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Eli
Eli rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2013
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Nancy Fuell
Nancy Fuell rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
Natalia
Natalia rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2011
Akanchha
Akanchha rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2014
Erin Bohn
Erin Bohn rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
  • Just a Daydream (Look-Look)
  • Just Lost! (Little Critter)
  • Curious George in the Big City
  • The Berenstain Bears: The Bear Detectives
  • The Selfish Crocodile
  • Arthur Babysits (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Clifford's Family
  • Curious George and the Bunny
  • Mud Puddle
  • Leon the Chameleon
  • Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash
  • Clark the Shark
Born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Bourgeois graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational therapy from the University of Western Ontario in 1974. She was a psychiatric occupational therapist for three years before deciding to focus on her writing. She studied journalism at Carlton University then worked as a reporter for the Ottawa Citizen and CBC Television. She became a freelance journal ...more
More about Paulette Bourgeois...

Franklin the Turtle (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Franklin In The Dark