Start by marking “Nova, Vol. 2: Knowhere” as Want to Read:
Nova, Vol. 2: Knowhere

Nova, Vol. 2: Knowhere (Nova #2)

As Nova enters the final phase of his epic quest for the key to defeating the Phalanx, the lone Centurion faces his darkest hour. Past, present, and future clash as the techno-fiends make one last attempt to enslave him - in an act that will unravel Richard Rider's life right back to the moment where he first became the man called Nova!
Published July 23rd 2008 by Marvel Comics Group (first published June 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Nova, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nova, Vol. 2

Jan 08, 2013 Kurt rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kurt by: Matt
COSMO! Much of this collection is a tiresome space AIDS story (Nova has been infected with the Phalanx transmode virus, so other characters ask him if he's transmode positive and talk about viral loads and it's like the X-Men's Legacy Virus stories but clunkier), but I have to give it five stars for introducing the world to Cosmo, one of my favorite characters of any genre or medium. He's a labrador/golden mix who pads around in a Soviet space suit, implying strongly that he was a part of the co ...more
Nov 19, 2013 Arlomisty rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I never was a fan of Nova or the Nova Corps. but the character has grown on me and I enjoy his stories more and more. I always have liked the "cosmic" Marvel stories anyways and Marvel has really produced a vast amount of story lines that are "cosmic" in nature recently. This is one more piece of the galactic puzzle in the Marvel universe. I sure have been enjoying these graphic novels lately. They are easy to read and the stories are just as good as the Marvel movies. I also like the artwork...
Sara J.
May 18, 2015 Sara J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Woot! Knowhere & the Technarchy homeworld Kvch. Pretty great stuff. Should be read #8-#10, Annual #1, #11-#12... then straight to Annilation: Conquest #1-#6 for the big finish! Can you tell I am enjoying these books? Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning... *tip of the hat* to you, sirs!
Mao Gallardo
Oct 15, 2014 Mao Gallardo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
5/5 for Cosmo alone.
Mar 10, 2012 J. rated it liked it
It seems impossible to review this volume without comparing it to the modern Green Lantern stuff. Some of this, I'm sure, is just general resurgence of the cosmic mythology in both universes. But the first couple of issues here have a a set of villains that look just a *little* too much like the Black Lanterns for comfort. I know space zombies weren't invented during Blackest Night, but there are panels here that could have been taken right from the DC stuff--they even have matching black and si ...more
Mar 12, 2014 Hrishi rated it it was amazing
Following directly on from the end of the first volume, this title collects Nova #8 - 12 and Nova Annual #1. This piece also dives right back into the climax of the Annihilation: Conquest event in a most satisfactory manner. As I'd said in my review of the first volume of Nova, this is definitely a series I could follow. It is inventive, quirky, and a lot of fun.

These issues cover three distinct stories - issues 8 and 9 tell the tale of Nova spending some time in the titular "Knowhere" a strange
Sep 02, 2014 Silas rated it really liked it
I didn't really enjoy Nova's part in the Annihilation books, mostly because his interactions with the Worldmind were clunky, wordy, and not terribly interesting. The Worldmind still shows up a lot here, but since it's more of a Nova solo adventure, it's not jammed into the panels and taking you out of the action, otherwise, and it ends up with more of a buddy-story vibe, which works better. I read this out of order, since this apparently takes place between Annihilation and Annihilation: Conques ...more
Jul 29, 2014 Rusty rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
... and the story continues. This time our main man, Nova, who has been attacked by a techno virus (that's not a virus that makes you listen to crappy music) that simultaneously attacks him and the AI that he's housing. The AI ends up spending most of its power and mental might to fight of the infection and Nova is depowered as a result.

Then he gets flung to the edge of the universe and meets a psychic dog that helps him uncover the ghosts that are haunting the head of a decapitated celestial t
May 05, 2009 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
So much love for this book -- even when I'm not totally clear what's going on which is more-than-seldom. Rich Rider, Long Island teenager turned cosmic cop, is a little bit Green Lantern, a little bit Spider-Man, a little bit Buffy the Vampire Slayer (particularly in that he's paired with a wise authority figure who says sensible things then sighs indulgently as he does the opposite -- in my mind, Worldmind sounds just like Giles). But Rich is also very much his own person. I particularly like t ...more
Nova is dealing with the success of Annihilation by being forced to fight in the Annihilation Conquest. While this story isn't that great it's still a lot of fun, especially with the introduction of Cosmo. Cosmo is a Russian space dog that speaks strangely broken English that is adorable.

Warlock is here. I've only read him in the New Mutants. I enjoyed his part of the story he was more interesting than Nova.
Apr 24, 2015 Dean rated it really liked it
This was a great read, solid story and art all the way through. The dialogue was also very good, not just with Nova but all the support cast. Richard and Worldmind are the odd couple in space.
Nova as a concept is very derivative (essentially Marvels Green Lantern) but this book shows done right he is his own animal. Has a better costume too!
Made me want to go out and buy the other volumes, which is probably the best compliment I can give. Recommended.
May 27, 2015 Muyojoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this

It's not my usual type,and I didn't know anything about the nova corps, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good artwork and I was glad to see and learn more about Gamora.
Shannon Appelcline
Jun 25, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
A nice continuation of the Nova storyline, though at times it feels a bit too tangential to the main question of the Conquest. Knowhere is interesting, the potential past and future flashbacks are quite good, and the visit to the technarchy homeworld is very nice continuity (and character).
Aug 11, 2014 Alex rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Эти 2 арки ОЧЕНЬ понравились. (view spoiler)
Mary Nicole
Aug 21, 2014 Mary Nicole rated it really liked it
"You have seen end of universe, and met space zombies, and talkink dog is what freaks you out? Bozshe moi." -COSMO. He's a Russian, telepathic, talking space dog. Also 100% awesome.
Tanushree Baruah
Tanushree Baruah rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Oct 03, 2015 Brian marked it as abandoned
Shelves: graphic-novel
changed my mind....just want to stick to the 'present day' stories here
Jeremy Freeman
Jeremy Freeman rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2010
Olaf rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Veronica rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Anthony rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2014
Gael rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Philipp rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Francois Arsenault
Francois Arsenault rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Nicholas rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Jay Bullman
Jay Bullman rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2009
Michael rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2011
Clint rated it really liked it
May 21, 2011
Ryans_Comics rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2009
Keith rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2014