Start by marking “Honey and Clover, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Honey and Clover, Volume 2

Honey and Clover, Volume 2 (Honey and Clover #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  552 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Love is never easy for our heroes. Takemoto is forced to confront his resentment of his stepfather and his own feelings of being cast adrift, while Mayama and Ayu flounder in their unrequited loves and Morita faces the prospect of being held back another year.
Published June 3rd 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 19th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Honey and Clover, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honey and Clover, Volume 2

Zen Cho
1) I wonder whether I should be creeped out by the fact that so many people are fascinated with Hagu. I love Hagu and think she's super interesting and all that, but Morita and Takemoto basically fell in love with her at first sight because she was ... small? I think? Which is a bit disturbing.

2) Mayama is more likeable in the manga, I think. Or maybe I am just trying harder to see what Aya sees in him. I don't think I'll ever be fond of him; he is such a jerk.
Salymar
I’m not a drama lover. This manga series is very meaningful. It’s not princess like fairy tale drama. Definitely not for young people.

You will only understand the deep meaning to every words once you experienced them. This series is grown up and some young viewers will find it boring.
*Queen Diva*
I mentioned in my review of volume one that I was confused as to what the main storyline of this manga series is... and from volume 2, I'd guess it's really nothing? It seems what this series is all about is just the development of the characters and their love interests. I'm not sure if this is an accurate assumption, it is only what the volumes have shown me thus far.

Hagu is a cute character...but I am still slightly disturbed by her... in this volume she's 19... still looks and acts like an 8
Nick
Overall Rating: A
Summary: A Comedy/Drama/Romance shōjo manga series created by Chika Umino, which follows three students at a fictional art college in Tokyo. The students, Yūta Takemoto, Takumi Mayama and Shinobu Morita, all live in the same apartment complex. Takemoto is the youngest, and is the shy artist-type one would expect to find at an art school. Mayama is the most reasonable of the three, and is a stark contrast to Morita, who is still in college because he can't wake up in time to go t
Nóri Somogyi
bakanekonomama
Buhahahaa... Saikou da!! Koko no hanashi wa.. \(≧∇≦)/

Muncul si Kirin-san yang kesepian dan kedinginan, dibawa dari negeri tropis, biar anak-anak Jepang bisa lihat.. Tapi kenyataannya, kebun binatangnya malah sepi nggak ada yang nontonin.. (T^T)

Terus.. terus.. terus.. Di sini juga yang pada mainin Twister ajaib. Siapa lagi kalo bukan si Morita senpai yang buat?? Hadiah ulang tahun buat Takemoto, bikinin permainan Twister ajaib! Bayangin aja! Twister kan biasanya cuma ada empat warna doang: merah,
Ottley
Super story and character development.
The art is lovely as well.
a group of college students become friends and the story follows their individual progression as artists, friends, and at times, lovers.
Valerie
Enjoying this series more. This volume was a little serious, dealing with the pasts of Takemoto, Rika, and Hagu, and Mayama's plans for the future. More romantic tension with our two love triangles. Poignant moments too, like the scene in the clover field.
Some hilarious laugh-out-loud moments, like that ridiculous game of Twister, the psychotic poodle, Yamada's masterpiece, and Morita still struggling to graduate! The well-timed over-the-top art makes it even funnier. Looking forward to more of
Colby
The story arcs are really starting to gather steam. I enjoyed the use of flashbacks and inner monologue from the characters. The change in art style from chibi to the more normal whispy Honey & Clover lines really helped to emphasize the dramatic passages.

Ayumi seemed the most tragic to me from the anime. It will be interesting to see if I have the same opinion from the manga.
Joy
Kricket
in which...we find out more about mayama's love for his employer. takemoto visits home. morita fails to graduate again. professor hanamoto leaves hagumi behind when he goes on a research trip. and i keep mixing yamada and mayama's names up. and things continue to be silly.
Christina
Takemoto goes back to his hometown for the first time in years to face his stepfather he resents for stealing his mother away. While Ayu and Mayama's feelings for each other bubble to the surface. Ahh, this semester reeks sour and sweet the smell of youth.
Reader17 Der
Still like this story. The college kids had me laughing in some of the parts but in this one it had some sad moments. Especially with Sensei going away for a year. But this is still a cute and funny series to read.
Miss
yeah, I still don't get the fuss over this series

call me if there's more rika-harada-hanamoto flashbacks though, i'm always into intense friendship triads

2 stars
Sarah Evans
I'm really enjoying this series. It's a good realistic fiction manga with lovely storytelling.
Megan
All I have to say is: why is this manga so ridiculously cute? Ah... guilty pleasures.
Gilda
The second volume was just as good as the first, with a lot more character development.
Jana
One of my all time favorite manga series.
Ana
Love the chibi faces <3
Nicole
[See review under vol. 1:]
Shaouais
Shaouais is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2015
Lika
Lika added it
Jan 14, 2015
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 3
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 10 (Nodame Cantabile, #10)
  • Suppli, Volume 1
Chica Umino (羽海野 チカ, Umino Chika) is a manga-ka (comic artist/cartoonist) who was born in Tokyo, Japan. She began work as a product designer and illustrator. Her most notable work to date is her 'beloved' Honey and Clover, a 'slice of life' manga series which debuted in 2000 in Shueisha's manga magazine, CUTiEcomic.

Umino has a unique drawing style, listing Studio Ghibli amongst her influences, a
More about Chica Umino...

Honey and Clover (10 books)
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 1
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 7
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 8
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 9
  • Honey and Clover, Volume 10
Honey and Clover, Vol. 1 Honey and Clover, Volume 3 Honey and Clover, Vol. 4 Honey and Clover, Vol. 5 Honey and Clover, Vol. 6