Start by marking “Dance of Seduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dance of Seduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #4)

Dance of Seduction (Swanlea Spinsters #4)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,518 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
She vowed to resist...

It's difficult enough for Lady Clara Stanbourne to run her London home for reformed young pickpockets without having to contend with a criminal right next door! The mysterious Morgan Pryce is obviously dealing in stolen property, and she will never allow the handsome scoundrel to lead the children astray. Pryce is very much mistaken if he believes her
Published April 30th 2003 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Dance of Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance of Seduction

kris
Apr 09, 2016 kris rated it liked it
Lady Clara Stanbourne reforms pickpockets. Morgan Pryce/Blakely has hired the building next door to buy stolen goods. EXCEPT EVERYTHING ISN'T WHAT IT SEEMS, which allows Clara to justify her burning loins. Morgan, meanwhile, angsts and bones and angsts some more before a final HEA.

1. I've read this before. I know I have.

2. The ending feels like a tacked on mess from a different book by a different author.

3. It was an entertaining little romp of a novel. I liked Clara and her intelligence; Mor
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Morgan, a naval officer, is working undercover in a poor part of London to stop and capture its most notorious criminal. During his time he meets and falls in love with Clara who runs a home to rehabilitate children who are pickpockets. Clara noses into his business and proves to be a nuissance every step of the way, I didn't like her. Pasts are revealed, the criminal is caught, he stays with her and her home grows. Good read!!
Linda
Nov 23, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Romance between Lady Clara Stanbourne , spinster, and do gooder who runs the home for reformed pick pockets in spitalfeilds and Capt. Morgan Pryce(Blakley).
Morgan is working undercover in spitalfeilds set up in astore front but acting as a receiver of stolen goods, however his shop for this undercover operation is set up within a block of Clara's reform home.
Clara and Morgan first meet when she sees Morgan detaining one offer reformees and comes running to protect the child and her fierceness i
Robin
Apr 17, 2016 Robin rated it really liked it
For the most part, this is standard regency romance novel fare. While the plot may be fairly cookie-cutter, the characters aren't. The one part of this book that bumped it from three to four stars for me was the scene in which the h walks away from the H because she felt she was worth more than what he was offering her even though she loved him.

"I won't be your mistress, Morgan, and I won't be your sometime wife. But if you decide you want more than that, you know where to find me." Then she lef
Rachel Rogers
Jun 12, 2009 Rachel Rogers rated it it was ok
I finished it, which is saying something since I almost put it down a half dozen times. Not sure why exactly. I felt that the plot was very predictable (even for a romance novel). Another instance of the title really not having much to do with the plot.

One point in its favor, Jeffries layed out the story with the villain, the underworld thief and crime lord "The Spectre" so there were possible identities. I wasn't certain until the climax who exactly the villain was.
Laya
Apr 07, 2016 Laya rated it it was ok
I probably shouldn't have read 4 Swanlea Spinster books 4 days in a row. Doing that made the books glaringly obvious. They all have such similar plots. And the progression of the 2 main character's romance is the same in all 4 books. It's boring and predictable and frankly, a little sad...

The male lead is a rogue until he meets that one special woman. He tells himself he should stay away but he can't keep himself from her. Blah Blah Blah. They have a bunch of misunderstandings where he tells him
Remy Kripton
If I fell easily for Sebastian, then I melted for Morgan.

They were brilliant. The premise of the story, the characters, the mystery, and those kids. All enticing and woven wonderfully together. I just love SJ's style and will read anything the woman writes...!!!
Beno
Dec 16, 2014 Beno rated it it was ok
Ok this is not my favorite in the series but I also can't say that I hated it. I had a couple of problems with it, pretty major ones that I chose to ignore because I just didn't want to go and study:
-They have known each other a week and a half total.
-I don't know anything about Clara's past just snippets nothing deep like why is she trying to "save the world" ?
-Morgan's reasoning sucked like big time!!
-Clara's aunt whats the deal with her I don't really get her point in the story she's kind of
Donna
Mar 17, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
This may just be my favourite book in this series. Clara and Morgan were such fun to watch as they tried to outwit each other - Clara trying to protect her charges while Morgan tried to protect his secrets. Jeffries did a great job of showing that there was much more to Morgan than the scoundrel portrayed in previous books. I'd been looking forward to this book and was not disappointed. Humour, romance, and suspense were nicely balanced throughout the story.

Although this book can be read as a st
Amarilli Settantatre
da www.sognipensieriparole.com

3,5 - L'inizio del romanzo, con l'inattesa eredità dello zio Cecil il Baro, è molto divertente, e anche il resto del libro si dipana con brio, con le avventure dell'irreprensibile lady Clara, impegnata a salvare i piccoli borseggiatori (non troppo convinti) dalla strada e l'arrivo del vicino, aitante ma anche dedito alla ricettazione. Ahimè, un'altra anima da redimere. (Redimere, lady Clara, non sedurre!! Se le vie del Signore sono infinite, la nostra eroina ci mett
Perdani Budiarti
Trauma setelah membaca buku ketiga masih membayangiku saat mulai membuka halaman pertama buku keempat dari seri Swanlea spinters ini. Ternyata oh ternyata, walau berbeda kepribadian dengan Sebastian Blakely, Morgan Pryce setali tiga uang dengan saudara kembarnya itu. Lady Clara juga semakin memperkuat karakter di balik tampilan seorang Lady yang berkelas, tersimpan gairah menggelegak yang belum tersentuh.

Karakter Morgan yang cenderung menutup diri dari orang lain karena masa lalu yang kelam sepe
Jacqueline
Maybe it's just more proof I'm odd, but when characters come onto the scene with really fascinating backgrounds, and current things-I'm-doing, I go ga-ga!

Sabrina Jeffries was absolutely fabulous in setting up an amazing character platform with both her hero, Morgan, and heroine, Clara. I was enthralled! The fact that our rockin' author established Clara to be extremely unique in her reformation efforts astounded me. Quite often, authors like to proclaim their characters are of a particular bent,
Jessica
Aug 30, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I've read quite a bit from the Sabrina Jeffries repertoire and I cannot say this is my favorite. It's not my second favorite either.

Lady Clara is a do-gooder society lady who is busy getting her hands dirty in the scummy section of London called Spitalfields. She manages a home there for reformed pickpockets and is extremely dedicated to her work. That is, until a handsome suspect fence moves his business in next door.

Morgan is the son of a baron that went much of his life believing to be nothi
Fanny Roswita Ria
Lady Clara Starboune, tidaklah seperti lady-lady yang gemar berpesta; menghabur-haburkan uang untuk benda yang aneh; atau menggoda lajang-lajang potensial untuk menikahinya, mendapat warisan yang cukup besar dari pamannya yang dianggap sebagai pencoreng nama besar keluarga. Hal ini membuat Clara sangat senang karena dapat melakukan perbaikan rumah asuh untuk anak-anak jalanan yang suka mencopet yang merupakan warisan dari orang tua Clara sendiri. Bersama dengan bibinya, Clara berjuang agar rumah ...more
Julie
Sep 09, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
This just didn't grab me as much as the other Swanlea Spinsters books. Former sea captain, Morgan Pryce is posing as a fence in Spitalfields, a poorer section of London, and Lady Clara Sanbourne runs a home for former pickpocketing children just down the street. I grew a bit bored with her storyline regarding the Home for the children and her mad dashing about into danger without a thought in her head. He's secretly trying to catch a well known criminal in the area, known as The Spectre and she ...more
*MariaA*
Nov 25, 2013 *MariaA* rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-good-ones
3.7
Marie
Bintang 3
Buku ke4 seri Swanlea-Spinsters

Lady Clara Stanborne yg cantik adalah seorang reformis yg memiliki rumah penampungan untuk anak anak jalanan dan mantan pencopet. Clara lebih memilih kesejahteraan bagi anak anak asuhnya daripada keselamatan dirinya.

Kapten Morgan Pryce atau yg dikenal masyarakat bangsawan sebagai kapten Blakely ditugaskan oleh Lord Ravenswood utk membongkar kedok dan jaringan Specter, gembong penjahat yg licin dan ditakuti dilingkungan rumah reformasi Lady Clara.

Pertentang
Jaime
Jan 26, 2015 Jaime rated it did not like it
I absolutely loved the first 2/3 of this book. I thought it would be another of my favorites. So wrong. It was very well done in the beginning, but then the tension all but disappears and then Morgan begins to sound like EVERY OTHER ROMANCE HERO and Clara begins to sound like EVERY OTHER HEROINE. And there tension is gone. So sad. I am so sad that this book just died like that.
Bunga
Jun 11, 2014 Bunga rated it liked it
Unik dan full romance. Tentang spinster pemilik rumah penampung anak-anak jalanan (kebanyakan sih pencopet) yang berusaha keras melindungi anak asuhnya dari godaan seorang penadah barang curian, tapi ternyata si penadah ini adalah mata-mata yang menyamar untuk menangkap penjahat yang susah ditangkap. Inti ceritanya sih kaya gitu. Hehehe...

Sebenernya menarik, tapi saya berharap misterynya lebih dibanyakin.
Irene
Sep 30, 2013 Irene rated it it was amazing
Dance of Seduction is a part of the Swanlea Spinsters series but it was an awesome book in it's own right. I didn't feel like it's missing something because I haven't read the previous 3 books in the series.

It's about a naval officer Morgan, who had a very interesting and very hard past which still haunts him and prevents him from doing the right thing. And Lady Clara, an angel for little pick-pockets on London streets. She tries to save kids, but he works undercover to catch a famous dealer of
Melody Black
Mar 03, 2016 Melody Black rated it it was amazing
It was really good and interesting. It actually didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would. I didn't realise this was the Morgan from the other book since I completly forgot until I read halfway through the book.
Tracy Somsen
Jun 01, 2014 Tracy Somsen rated it it was amazing
I really loved this series ! I love how Sabrina incorporates all the characters from the other Swan Lea sisters ! After each one I would say oh this is my favorite!
Barbara Rogers
Aug 01, 2015 Barbara Rogers rated it really liked it
Good book. Liked all of the characters including the supporting ones. Talk about a lady dedicated to her cause!
Lynda
Apr 07, 2015 Lynda rated it really liked it
I liked this installment Claire and the captain are a good match.
Wendi Zwaduk
Jun 12, 2013 Wendi Zwaduk rated it really liked it
Hot story full of twists and turns. Witty writing that gripped me from page one. I couldn’t put it down. Lady Clara is a force to reckon with. She knows what she wants and won’t quit until she gets it. There were moments when I wanted to give her a swift kick – don’t go where you’re not supposed to go. But I got emotionally involved, so it worked. But Morgan...I wanted to eat him up. Very sexy and commanding. I’d like one of him for my own.
I wasn’t one to normally pick historical books, but I’v
Amy
Feb 27, 2016 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Annette Meier
Jan 17, 2016 Annette Meier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the deception of our hero to win the heart of "the girl next door".
Kristiana S
Nov 06, 2014 Kristiana S rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Dec 29, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
I was just meh about this book. I liked Morgan and Clara but I just was not all that into it. The lies and deceit seemed a bit contrived. Also, I was not surprised about who ended up being the bad guy. I'm not saying this book was bad, I just didn't like it as much as some of her other books. Still, I love Sabrina Jeffries and will continue to devour her books.
PoligirlReads
Aug 16, 2012 PoligirlReads rated it really liked it
Actually 3.5.

When Jeffries can stay away from the Mommy/Daddy issues, her books are really enjoyable. This one avoids getting too bogged down in those issues, so you could focus on the story. I don't know how realistic it is for a Lady to be able to go regularly (and safely!) into dodgy areas of town, but the focus on the children's home for reformed pickpockets was interesting. Good writing, and good secondary characters. Maybe one too many wolf references though.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 06, 2015 03:12PM
  • By Love Unveiled (Restoration, #1)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, Anthology 2)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Griffin Family, #2)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • To Marry an Heiress (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • The Passion (Notorious, #2)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • The Beautiful Stranger (Rogues of Regent Street, #3)
  • Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 8 million book ...more
More about Sabrina Jeffries...

Swanlea Spinsters (5 books)
  • A Dangerous Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #1)
  • A Notorious Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #2)
  • After the Abduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #3)
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)

“Perhaps the wolf wasn't quite so dangerous as he pretended. Unfortunately, there was only one way to find out for sure——give him a little rope and see if he hung himself.

And pray that he didn't tie her up with it instead.”
6 likes
“Her corset dropped to the floor, and he swept his hands up to cup her breasts. "I'm just ungentlemanly enough to prefer a woman's real flesh, Angel. I like the softness, the fullness of it. If I wanted to feel whalebone, I'd fondle a whale.” 2 likes