Start by marking “Forgotten Notes” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Notes

Forgotten Notes

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  16 reviews
After four years of nursing school, Sarah Lewis has returned home to her tiny Welsh village of Pen-Y-Bryn, to live, to work, and to thrill audiences with her gifted harp playing. She loves the peace and beauty of her village, but finds her serenity shattered by the arrival of two AmericansIris Pearson, and her handsome son, Brianlooking for answers about their infamous anc ...more
Published February 28th 2001 by Covenant Communications Inc (first published February 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Notes

SLK
Very much enjoyed this story, and the secondary story within it as told by letters. The story was beautiful and poignantly told. The characters were beautifully described, I felt like I was in their homes, and knew their family as they were described in the story.
The story of the harpist/nurse meeting the young American at her Mother's bed and breakfast was sweetly told. A tender romance with some family history mixed in to provide the reason for the trip from America. The village setting was we
Christy
This book was a nice, feel good, happy ending book. It's a quick read and fun to read. The main problem was the dialogue was so unrealistic. No one would actually say the things they said the each other. I would have given it four stars but I was laughing at the unrealistic events and dialogue. But overall a good book!
Becky
You could tell the author really knows Wales! It is a predictable LDS romance novel. However, I liked the fact that the heroine didn't truly convert to the Church until she thought he was gone forever from her life.
She didn't convert for him or for "true love" which I thought would happen.

One point that really bothered me was the author implied that people of other faith don't pray for real because they have set, formal, written prayers. I think people of other faiths can and do pray and have H
Jaycee Limutau
This author happens to be in my ward. This was her first based in the village her father grew up in Wales. I really enjoyed this book!! It's fun and
a good spiritual read!
Heather
3.8 stars. I was pleasantly surprised with this book. The author is in my ward, and I know her fairly well. She was born and raised in Wales. I loved the authentic feel to the book (set in Wales). She is a masterful writer when it comes to descriptions...I felt like I could really see the places she described. The story was cute and engaging, I liked the characters. It is blatantly LDS fiction, including a conversion story, but it wasn't done in an overly cheesy fashion (there were a few cheesy ...more
Becky
I liked the Welsh setting of this book. I appreciated Sarah Lewis' conversion, because it wasn't over dramatic or preachy. It was tastefully written.
Wendy
Fun, quick read. I liked that the Pearsons were on a family history trip and were able to share the gospel by just being good people.
Tausha
I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this book! It touched me in a way I needed right now. I hadn't ever heard of this author but was very impressed by her writing. There were a few parts that were over descriptive and seemed yo drag (scenery, history stuff), but the strong conversion story far out weighed any of that. It is truly a LDS read, but not pushy. I am excited to read more from this author.
Susan
This author doesn't write a hectic paced book but I enjoy the slower speed sometimes. Set in Wales where two Americans (mother and son)come to look for their ancestors. They meet Sarah, a nurse and gifted harp player, who is attracted to the son until she finds that his ancestors are the couple who have been the subject of rumor and speculation for years. And to top it off, they are Mormons!
Patricia
I really enjoy the general story line but feel that there is so much extraneous verbiage that I scan along just picking up the story line and overlooking everything else. Normally, when I scan-read a book--especially as heavily as I did this one--it means an automatic two-star rating but this story kind of compensates for that a bit so I give this 3.
Susan
This book was a little slow getting started. In fact, I was ready to chuck it because I still wasn't excited about it at page 99, but I did like the last half of it.
Marla Milligan
I really enjoyed this book and both story's! The author described the country side in Ireland exactly how I imagined it to be.
Heather
One of my very alltime favorites. My book is falling apart due to re-reading. :)
Ellise Weaver
I hope I get to meet this fantastic author, especially since she's local! :)
Susan
I loved it! I only wish I could have heard the Welsh accent.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2011 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds
I really liked this story.
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Cami McHan
Cami McHan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Shelli N
Shelli N marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Cami
Cami marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Out of Nowhere
  • No Time for Love
  • Some Sweet Day
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
  • To Catch a Falling Star
  • Love After All  (Yesterday's Love, #2)
  • No Longer Strangers