Forgotten Notes

Forgotten Notes

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  13 reviews
After four years of nursing school, Sarah Lewis has returned home to her tiny Welsh village of Pen-Y-Bryn, to live, to work, and to thrill audiences with her gifted harp playing. She loves the peace and beauty of her village, but finds her serenity shattered by the arrival of two Americans—Iris Pearson, and her handsome son, Brian—looking for answers about their infamous a...more
Published February 28th 2001 by Covenant Communications Inc (first published February 2001)

SLK
Very much enjoyed this story, and the secondary story within it as told by letters. The story was beautiful and poignantly told. The characters were beautifully described, I felt like I was in their homes, and knew their family as they were described in the story.
The story of the harpist/nurse meeting the young American at her Mother's bed and breakfast was sweetly told. A tender romance with some family history mixed in to provide the reason for the trip from America. The village setting was we...more
Christy
This book was a nice, feel good, happy ending book. It's a quick read and fun to read. The main problem was the dialogue was so unrealistic. No one would actually say the things they said the each other. I would have given it four stars but I was laughing at the unrealistic events and dialogue. But overall a good book!
Becky
You could tell the author really knows Wales! It is a predictable LDS romance novel. However, I liked the fact that the heroine didn't truly convert to the Church until she thought he was gone forever from her life.
She didn't convert for him or for "true love" which I thought would happen.

One point that really bothered me was the author implied that people of other faith don't pray for real because they have set, formal, written prayers. I think people of other faiths can and do pray and have H...more
Heather
3.8 stars. I was pleasantly surprised with this book. The author is in my ward, and I know her fairly well. She was born and raised in Wales. I loved the authentic feel to the book (set in Wales). She is a masterful writer when it comes to descriptions...I felt like I could really see the places she described. The story was cute and engaging, I liked the characters. It is blatantly LDS fiction, including a conversion story, but it wasn't done in an overly cheesy fashion (there were a few cheesy...more
Becky
I liked the Welsh setting of this book. I appreciated Sarah Lewis' conversion, because it wasn't over dramatic or preachy. It was tastefully written.
Tausha
I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this book! It touched me in a way I needed right now. I hadn't ever heard of this author but was very impressed by her writing. There were a few parts that were over descriptive and seemed yo drag (scenery, history stuff), but the strong conversion story far out weighed any of that. It is truly a LDS read, but not pushy. I am excited to read more from this author.
Susan
This author doesn't write a hectic paced book but I enjoy the slower speed sometimes. Set in Wales where two Americans (mother and son)come to look for their ancestors. They meet Sarah, a nurse and gifted harp player, who is attracted to the son until she finds that his ancestors are the couple who have been the subject of rumor and speculation for years. And to top it off, they are Mormons!
Patricia
I really enjoy the general story line but feel that there is so much extraneous verbiage that I scan along just picking up the story line and overlooking everything else. Normally, when I scan-read a book--especially as heavily as I did this one--it means an automatic two-star rating but this story kind of compensates for that a bit so I give this 3.
Susan
This book was a little slow getting started. In fact, I was ready to chuck it because I still wasn't excited about it at page 99, but I did like the last half of it.
Heather
One of my very alltime favorites. My book is falling apart due to re-reading. :)
Ellise Weaver
I hope I get to meet this fantastic author, especially since she's local! :)
Susan
I loved it! I only wish I could have heard the Welsh accent.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2011 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds
I really liked this story.
Christine Maynor
Christine Maynor marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Lindsey Stratton
Lindsey Stratton marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Mandy Blackburn
Mandy Blackburn marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Bettyjo
Bettyjo marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Leisa Smith
Leisa Smith marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Within the Dark Hills Cover of Darkness Deception You Came For Me Kids on a Mission: Escape from Germany