Start by marking “Cover of Darkness” as Want to Read:
Cover of Darkness

Cover of Darkness

For Megan Harmer and Fran Brown, a long vacation to the British Isles is a dream come true, and a welcome break from teaching high school in Wyoming. While Fran spends her days sketching the majestic Welsh mountains, castles, and the picturesque sea, Megan explores the historical sites and landmarks that dot the countryside. The two women soon discover that there are other ...more
Unknown Binding, 230 pages
Published January 1st 2002 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Cover of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cover of Darkness

Madelyn
Apr 01, 2016 Madelyn rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Two friends who teach high school in Wyoming, Megan Harmer and Fran Brown take a break and go on a trip to the British Isles. Fran spends her time sketching the majestic Welsh mountains while Megan explores the historical sites and landmarks that dot the countryside. They soon discover that there are two other Americans staying at their same hotel, Joe Marks and Richard Garrett. Both seem like perfect gentlemen. But soon, it will become terrifyingly obvious to both girls tha ...more
Megan Swanson
Sep 30, 2010 Megan Swanson rated it liked it
It took me a while longer than I expected to read. There was a lot of description that I'll probably try to imagine a little better the next time through. The story was good though. You do have to pay attention to every little sentence or else you might miss something. There are spots where it will seem to go on for a couple of pages about some historical place and then there times when a hours can go by in the space of a paragraph. I liked the story though. It made me laugh how they were always ...more
Becky
Mar 14, 2014 Becky rated it really liked it
It was probably closer to a 3.5. I enjoyed the setting along the Menai Strait in Wales. The Welsh history and also the interweaving of the Irish/English conflict into the plot was very interesting, but the plot itself was a bit too predictable. It was an enjoyable, light read.
Susan K
Sep 30, 2012 Susan K rated it really liked it
Another good read by Sian Bessey. I loved the intrigue and mystery surround the two American men met by the two women on their vacation. It was interesting to see how the story unfolded both abroad and in the US. Very fun, the pace with the investigation was suspenseful particularly amidst all the historical settings that they took place in. Not just a romance, but a face-paced action and mystery as well.
Jody
Jan 23, 2009 Jody rated it liked it
found this while I was looking at Relentless. Thought I would check it out from the Library.
The book was ok. There was a lot of details of where they were, how things looked and such. It was a bit much for me. I found myself skipping a lot of those parts to get to the dialogue!
A quick read, read in a day.
Calli
Nov 22, 2012 Calli rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, lds-authors
I'll give this a 3+. A fun adventure, but my absolutely favorite part is that it took place in Wales, land of my ancestors. I loved the descriptions, and loved learning more about the Isle of Anglesey and some of its history.
Debbie
Jun 29, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
This is the second time that I have read this book. It is a really good book. Sian Ann Bessey is a very good author. Her books are very well written and suspenseful. My daughter also liked this book.
Patricia
Aug 18, 2013 Patricia rated it liked it
I liked the general writing style, the plot (though fairly simple), and the characters. What I did not like was all the extraneous travel log stuff that I felt did nothing to promote or advance the plot..
Jana
Jun 15, 2008 Jana rated it really liked it
This is one of the better LDS romance/suspense novels I've read. The whole genre tends to be a little cheesy, I'll admit, but they're always easy reads and safe.
Kate
Apr 12, 2009 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
I liked the action, and the suspense, but it was a little confusing. I guess it would make more sense if I was more familiar with the tourist sites in Wales.
Mariana
Feb 23, 2009 Mariana rated it liked it
I had actually read this book before, I thought it seemed familiar, and knew for sure a couple chapters in. It was a good read again anyway.
Susan
Mar 12, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
Two young women, teachers from Wyoming, go on summer vacation to England and Wales. International intrigue, romance, terrorists, etc.
Lisa
Sep 11, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
It started out a little slow but got better. It was still a little cheesy and predictable but I like those kinds sometimes.
Angela
May 11, 2010 Angela rated it it was ok
To those who do not like "cheesy" books, I'd say this book is not for you. It was okay but not a favorite.
Heather
Apr 21, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
Sweet book, but could use some fleshing out character-wise. (Grade: "C+.")
Stacy
Jul 19, 2012 Stacy rated it liked it
I loved the descriptions of places in this book! I want to go there yesterday!
Connie Dickey
Sep 24, 2013 Connie Dickey rated it it was amazing
Slow beginning, but it then starts catapulting to excitement and intrigue.
Heidee
Jun 30, 2009 Heidee added it
This book has to be one of my all time favorites!
Christina
One of my favorites!!!!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Louise
Louise added it
Jul 22, 2016
Elizabeth Hodges
Elizabeth Hodges marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Anw
Anw rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
MayLynn
MayLynn rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Valeriewarwood
Valeriewarwood rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016