Start by marking “20th Century Boys, Tome 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)” as Want to Read:
20th Century Boys, Tome 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)

20th Century Boys, Tome 7 (20th Century Boys #7)

4.48  ·  Rating Details ·  1,218 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Otcho et Kakuta parviennent à rejoindre les souterrains inondés de la fameuse prison “La luciole des mers”. Mais le danger guette Kanna et la côte est encore loin. Cependant, une camarade de classe de la jeune fille décide subitement de consacrer un devoir d'histoire à Kenji. Où ses recherches la conduiront-elles ? Suite du chef-d'œuvre signé Naoki Urasawa.
Published May 9th 2003 by Planet Manga (first published October 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about 20th Century Boys, Tome 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20th Century Boys, Tome 7

Anthony Chavez
Really liking where this story is going. I can possibly see this series surpassing Monster in greatness.

We finally get more answers to the Bloody New Year's Ever; however, the story isn't completely told as to what happened. This volume ended on a cliffhanger on that story line, but it was great to see the original gang more then the previous volume. The time jumps in storytelling are seamless and never confusing, Urasawa seems to have mastered the craft.

I wanna know what happened to the robot!
Brad
Apr 13, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sci-fi
So, prison breaks and school reports. I can see how much the two have in common, and I'm immensely relieved that we can get a little history.

But oh my god, what has god been up to in space? This manga still manages to fascinate and have me sit on the edge of my seat.
Vold Kira
Feb 02, 2016 Vold Kira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡¡Finalmente más historia de la Sangrienta víspera de año nuevo!! <3
Francisco Silva
Dec 31, 2016 Francisco Silva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos, manga
El capítulo de la Expo del 70' es enternecedor y terriblemente triste. Tal vez de lo mejor de Urasawa , a su vez que se empieza a dilucidar ,sin rodeos, que sucedió la noche del año 2000. El flashback está bien ocupado y el manejo de la tensión está equilibrado con las emociones que generan los personajes de la obra.

Difícil encontrar una caracterización más común y corriente que la de Kenji, quien también es sin duda, un protagonista terriblemente inspirador.
Scott Lee
Nov 29, 2016 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent, excellent volume that brings all three story lines/timelines together for the first time. This volume finally returns to the story of what is called in 2014 Bloody New Years Eve, and the friends begin to re-surface more prominently, if not quite openly in the 2014 story. I've got all the trust in the world for Naoki Urasawa at this point. Fantastic characters, fantastic world building, wonderful comics!
Seno
Sep 15, 2016 Seno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Duuuh Shogun :")
Mikael Kuoppala
May 28, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fifth volume of the "20th Century Boys" saga surprised us by offering what would have intuitively been the ultimate destination of the saga; the beginning of the final conflict between the Friend cult and our gang of protagonists. Then it surprised us again by suddenly moving the story years into the future, leaving the occurrences of the fateful confrontation- Bloody New Year's Eve- in the dark. Now, two volumes later, Naoki Urasawa finally takes us back to the night that changed the world. ...more
John Wiswell
An unfortunately shaped book. This tells chunks of three stories, none of which get to end before the volume runs out of page space, which is particularly annoying at the end as it robs us of finally finding out what happened to Keiji. You see, a slacker student does a history paper on the awful New Years Eve that this series used to be about, and by an obnoxious path eventually finds a surviving cast member who relays part of the story. That story is touching, particularly in how two minor char ...more
নাজমুল হাসান
We get a glimpse at the events unfolding on the fated last day of 20th Century. And how the 20th Century Boys fought with their all to stop the world from being destroyed. The volume ends with a cliffhanger, even though we know they failed miserably. On the other hand, in present time Kanna is being chased and Shogun escaped from prison to save their last hope. The plot twist of how the destroyer becomes the savior- we can relate to that in real life also. There are quite a few examples like tha ...more
Jesus Flores
Oct 15, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
20 century 7
After Osho escapes the island he begins to tell the manga artist that escaped with him about the past, when the world fair was in Japan
On another part, a girl at school ends up doing a homework assignment on the events of New years and Kenji’s group, she meets the old man called god.
Between the two flashback, we see the beginning of what happened that time, when Kenji and friends went to stop the giant robot.
It’s a nice good first part of telling the events of that night, wanting to
Norman Cook
Jan 27, 2015 Norman Cook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume begins to tell the details of Bloody New Year's Eve from two different perspectives. The story in school textbooks turns out to be propaganda (I'm shocked!). The "Truth" involves a giant robot storming through Tokyo while Kenji and his buddies confront the men who control it. But what secret does the robot hold?
Tar (Smoke)
Mar 21, 2014 Tar (Smoke) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Esta saga sólo mejora mejora y mejora. Es repetirme decir esto pero de verdad es una joya.

Los personajes son todos muy carismáticos, la historia avanza muy muy rápido y para mi gusto nada le sobra a 20th century boys.
J.
Mar 02, 2010 J. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than volume 6 in that it has more to do with the primary plot of stopping the robot. I'm still not wild about telling it all through flashbacks, but I'm assuming that will pay off. The art is still superb, though.
Danielle
More answers about Bloody New Year's Eve, more heroics from Kenji and the gang. I love the snapshots of the gang as children, and the story of the Expo is great. Donkey, Kenji and Otcho are just such terrific characters. Go jailbreak!

Reread Jan 2015.
Stephen
Oct 16, 2011 Stephen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good volume - the different timelines converge in really fun and interesting ways, and the plot continues to develop. A genuine atmosphere of menace. Good stuff.

Durning Library - last due date 14/06/2011
Laurelyn Anne
Apr 13, 2016 Laurelyn Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
Almost third of the way through! Long form, suspenseful, well crafted (even the subplots!) tragedy big and small in this volume.
Abeer Sultan
Jul 15, 2015 Abeer Sultan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trey Jackson
Aug 24, 2011 Trey Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, comics, manga
FINALLY shifts the narrative back to some characters I'd been wondering about, which was nice. Otherwise, still really solid storytelling.
Jamil
Mar 17, 2010 Jamil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga, urasawa
a bit like LOST in that when you finally begin to get some answers, mysteries pile upon mysteries...
Dave
Jul 26, 2012 Dave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
The story gets back on track as what happened at the big showdown is finally revealed. (Not in one volume, of course).
NeoCydude
NeoCydude rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Janita Kinsi
Janita Kinsi rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
ReadyCoinCoin
ReadyCoinCoin rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Raul
Raul rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Steve Alexander
Steve Alexander rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2014
Crater
Crater rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2011
PJ
PJ rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2014
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Rodrigo Moreira
Rodrigo Moreira rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Justin Charity
Justin Charity rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Planetes, Volume 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 5 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #5)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2
  • Adolf : A Tale of the Twentieth Century
  • Vagabond, Volume 4
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Blame!, Vol. 7
  • A Distant Neighborhood, Vol. 2
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)