Start by marking “Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)” as Want to Read:
Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)

Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)

Marian Robertson rescued a child and destroyed her reputation. Now, to keep her family safe, she must marry the stern, dark-eyed warrior negotiating a truce between their clans--and risk her heart to protect the truth. Manipulated into marrying the exiled Robertson Harlot, Duncan, peacemaker for the MacLerie clan, finds his new wife's courage and spirit make it impossible ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Historical #910, 288 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Possessed by the Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Possessed by the Highlander

Fedora
Feb 09, 2013 Fedora rated it liked it
Duncan MacLerie is known as the Peacemaker, and while on a mission to make a truce with the Robertson clan, he's manipulated into marrying Marian Robertson. More than five years ago, Marian ruined her reputation and rescued her daughter. Now she's marrying a stranger to continue to protect her family.

Duncan is a stern warrior who has earned every bit of his reputation for being a man of his word. He finds his new wife irresistible but knows she's holding something back. Likewise Marian's drawn t
DemetraP
Aug 25, 2016 DemetraP rated it it was ok
It was just ok. I didn't like the heroine's "secret" and how the whole situation turned out. The hero kept asking her to trust him and she kept saying it wasn't her secret to tell.

The hero did stand up for her and tell everyone in his clan that if anyone insulted her or called her a whore they would have him to answer to. So I liked that.
s
p
o
I
l
e
r
s
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The heroine was a virgin. She was not a whore. Her brother was gay and while his wife was in labor, he was hav
Umaiya ⚡A ℱar Off ℳemory⚡
Im pretty sure I liked the first book more though I probably had higher expectations from this one.
Melinda
Mar 26, 2015 Melinda rated it really liked it

I said it before and I’ll say it again, “I am so glad I was not a woman in medieval times!” or any other time period for that matter because of the way women were treated until the latter years of the 20th century.

Marian Robertson is known as the “Robertson Harlot” by her clan and her story is known and has been adapted and enhanced upon all over the Highlands. She was the escape goat for her father and brother when something went terribly wrong and she has lived as an outcast for five years wi
Cata
Jan 16, 2012 Cata rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
3º livro da série "The MacLeries".

Marian Robertson é conhecida por toda a Escócia como a "prostituta Robertson". Dizem as más línguas que há cinco anos atrás, Marian foi apanhada na cama com dois ou três homens e o facto de agora Marian ter uma filha com essa idade só reforça os rumores,não deixando dúvidas quanto à sua veracidade.

Duncan MacLearie é conhecido por trazer a paz a qualquer custo. Quando se dirige ao clã Robertson para conseguir um acordo de paz e ajuda entre os dois clãs, Duncan es
Lovetoread
I really loved the Hero, Duncan MacLerie the Peascemaker for the MacLerie clan. He is an extremely respected all over the country for his negotiating skills for the MacLerie clan. His character who was a strong, honest, loyal and fearless warrior was also a sensitive loving man. This can only be accomplished by a very talented writer. Duncan felt very real to me and not a fictional character in a book.

When riding to the Robertson's clans strong hold to negotiate a truce between the MacLerie an
Maura
Lauren - SERIESous Book Reviews
This was definitely my favourite of the first three books in this series. It was a very cute story with strong characters and an interesting plot.

Normally I am not a fan of love at first sight books but I didn't mind that element in this one. I felt like both characters didn't have just, a physical attraction to each other and that they made an effort to know each other.

Duncan is such a sweetheart of a character and I really liked Mariam's character too. It was nice to see past characters and se
Karen
Oct 19, 2010 Karen rated it really liked it
I have to admit that when this book arrived in the mail and I realised it was a "Mills and Boon" book, I promptly put it to the back of the cupboard and forgot about it, because I don't read those so called "trashy romances".
Well after a bout of an illness and lying around feeling quite miserable decided I wanted something quick and easy to read that I didn't have to think too much about.
I'm so glad that I did.....because I really enjoyed the story of Duncan and Marian, so much so that I couldn'
Katham Kavya
Jul 22, 2014 Katham Kavya rated it really liked it
This is a very unique and interesting read. Of the many strong willed heroines that I have read about this one seemed most interesting. The mystery to her sacrifices that Marian made for Ciara kept me guessing and driven me to read till the end. The reveal was worth the wait.

It still seemed unreal that the much doted daughter of the laird had a changed fate overnight. And to see her bear the sins of her family seemed unreal. It is known that there will always be favoritism of the boys in a fami
Pamela Fernandes
Sep 21, 2015 Pamela Fernandes rated it liked it
The start to this book is like 'whoa'- they're all talking about the Robertson Harlot. She's anything but. In fact she somehow meets the Peacemaker who falls for her and is trying to desperately uncover her secret, except she is trying to protect her clan. I love their loyalty to their clans. Her transformation from being hidden to being the beautiful woman she is could have been made more dramatic. Given the introduction I was hoping more oomph in her appearance. I so love the description of ...more
Gail
Aug 05, 2014 Gail rated it it was amazing
Terri Brisbin's ability to switch between different characters' perspectives at precisely the necessary moment makes the MacLerie series a pleasure to read. It works particularly well in this book involving a new take on the genre standard: one person must help another heal old wounds in order to discover love and partnership as assumptions and insecurities stall the process. Brisbin once again creates appealing characters (in particular a non-alpha male who still epitomizes strength) whose ...more
Maggie Hesseling
Feb 03, 2014 Maggie Hesseling rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The best novel yet! What I love about Terri brisbin's novels is that you can always expect something really good, and this one was no different. Marian is such an interesting and complex character that you automatically juat want to have protected when you realize the situation she's in, and who better than a man who's known for his patience, loyalty and intelligence to think before he acts. Duncan is thus far my favorite character in this series.
Robbin
Mar 24, 2015 Robbin rated it really liked it
This was a part of my 2015 reading challenge "a book set in a different country". So of course whenever I needed a book from a different country I chose Scotland! I love any highlander romance so I looked until I found one I had not read and there we went. But I loved this one because it was different than anything I had read before so I will definitely make a note about this author in the future ;)
Tasneem
Aug 16, 2011 Tasneem rated it it was ok
Shelves: highlander
I found this book irritating. I don't know why, but Duncan the Peacemaker just made me want to tear my hair out. I think they were just so good-to-be-true, and therefore annoying. Marion was just so bland, I wanted her to be more spirited and he just allowed Iian to lead him to the situation like a bloody fool. So not to my liking. The atmosphere and countryside were beautiful, but again, too artificial. Not her best work in my opinion.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Duncan is pulled towards Marian the first time he saw her, and he was not put off by her daughter. Marian feels it too, but hides some deep, dark family secret, which tarnished her name and reputation. Love grows, secrets are found out, and loyalties are chosen. The heroines from the first two stories keep adding to their clan and Marian helps. Good read!!
Tawnya
Feb 01, 2014 Tawnya rated it it was amazing
I loved Possessed By The Highlander! Marian was a a pawn in her father and brothers game and used horrifically for their own egos. Duncan The Peacemaker happened to show interest in Marian and ended up being used by Marian's brother as well.
Terri Brisbin did an excellent job writing Possessed By The Highlander
Wendy
Jul 28, 2008 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves a great historical romance
This is a great great story. The romance is engaging and sweet. The story is so very moving and the plot is fresh and will have readers eagerly turning pages, unable to put the book down.

Set in Scotland during the medieval period, fans of historical romances and especially scottish heroes will find POSSESSED BY THE HIGHLANDER a "must have" read!
Apr 07, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
The third installment in Terri Brisbin's Maclerie Clan series, Possessed by the Highlander, can also be read as a stand alone. This book absorbed me from start to finish. A unique and thoughtful plot, the story of Duncan and Marian had all the elements of an incredible novel, passion, sacrifice, devotion, loyalty and dark secrets. Guaranteed to keep you riveted, a recommended read.
Kasumi
Al final esta serie ha resultado muy entretenida y en el caso de este libro el "misterio" bastante justificado.
Lo mejor, la autora ha explicado sin resultar pesada o que no encajaba, las reglas básicas de la negociación y el protagonista realmente se rige por ellas hasta el final, no miente y elige muy bien sus palabras.
Deanne
Dec 26, 2012 Deanne added it
I was looking forward to this book all the wait !!! at first few chapters i was engage in the novel but after i reach mid point the story became too long for me now and a bit dragging .... but beyond that it was still an amazing read!!!!
Carrie
May 30, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing
terri's a genius & I'm off to reread ciara & tavis's story next cuz I'm gonna love it even more now that I've read this one. ;)
Lateisha Wilkinson
Aug 10, 2013 Lateisha Wilkinson rated it did not like it
Blek. Did they unheard of sin and skipped pages, tried to speed read, and then realized this basically self- mutilating torture!! I quit that book. I'm so abashedly and shamefully happy.
Lauren
Aug 09, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
Quick read--read it within a day. Nothing too exciting, but a good book nevertheless. I'll probably check out more in the series.
Kate
Dec 17, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this was the third book in the series and ended up reading it first. Even so, I really enjoyed this book and the writer's style!
Brittany
Apr 30, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlander
This was a great story. I think this might be my favorite out of the first three books in the series. I hope the next one is even better!!
Angie Brindley
Jun 27, 2012 Angie Brindley rated it liked it
A quick read. Enjoyed the story. I just love these historic romance novels. I wouldn't put it on the read again shelf, it would just be in nice diversion category.
Ruth♥
Ruth♥ rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Moonlight
Moonlight rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Milli Ng
Milli Ng rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
  • Her Warrior King
  • The Warrior (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • Highland Dragon
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • Under the Highlander's Spell (Sinclare Brothers, #2)
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • Elfking's Lady
  • In The Warrior's Bed (McJames, #2)
  • To Love a Scottish Lord (The Highland Lords, #4)
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • The Scotsman
Terri Brisbin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author and three-time RWA RITA® finalist, and has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 33 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin and Kensington Books. Now working on more romances for NAL/Signet and Harlequin, Terri has ...more
More about Terri Brisbin...

The MacLerie Clan (8 books)
  • Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2)
  • The Earl's Secret (The MacLerie Clan #4)
  • The Highlander's Stolen Touch (The MacLerie Clan #5)
  • At the Highlander's Mercy (The MacLerie Clan, #6)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • Yield to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #8)

“This is my wife, Marian Robertson. No matter what came before the day we joined ourselves each to the other, she is mine now and Iam hers. If anyone speaks ill of her or calls her whore, they attack me as well and Iwill answer for it.” 3 likes