Start by marking “The Lightkeeper's Woman” as Want to Read:
The Lightkeeper's Woman

The Lightkeeper's Woman

Their grand passion had burned too brightly to survive. But faced with wedding another, Alanna Patterson was determined to reignite any smoldering embers of desire Caleb Pitt might still harbor for her. Would her brawny captain, now a solitary lighthouse keeper, rescue her from a sea of regrets? Or had tragedy both public and private sunk any hopes for a lasting love?

Caleb
Published February 1st 2004 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Lightkeeper's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lightkeeper's Woman

Linda
I read this historical romance pre-Goodreads. If I remember correctly he was a sea captain and his ship sunk. The guilt eats him alive and he became a loner: The Lightkeeper.
Heathy
Jun 04, 2013 Heathy rated it liked it
Decent book. It was a quick & easy read, but I really didn't feel anything for the characters. And the last chapter or two of the book seemed completely unnecessary. The book could've ended well without that last twist. It just made me dislike the hero because his actions seemed really immature.

But I enjoyed the setting. You don't find too many historical romances that take place on the east coast, especially in Virginia and North Carolina. So that was pleasant to read about places I know we
Makii
Sep 20, 2011 Makii rated it really liked it
Una muy bella historia,protagonizada por personajes de una pasión abrasadora, pero dominados y perseguidos por los fantasmas del pasado. Solamente ellos juntos y habiendo confesado sus pecados y secretos pueden llevar adelante un amor tal.
Ligero, genuino y romántico.
Hermoso para una tarde cálida donde uno necesita desahogar sus sentimientos en un buen libro.

"La pasión es peligrosa. El placer palidece ante la destrucción"(...) "Cuando se ha conocido un deseo como el nuestro, es difícil olvidarlo
Jessica Duffy
May 04, 2011 Jessica Duffy rated it it was amazing
Sincerely, this book is one of those books you can read over and over again. Even though it was one of the first books I ever read and loved in the romance genre, I still love it. I picked it out of a used book box in a thrift shop, it cost me only $.75. You can't go wrong with this book if your in the mood for a romance of two hateful lovers who uncover the truth isn't the truth and only a fabricated lie.
April
April rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2011
Lagunablu
Lagunablu rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Em
Em rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Victoria Froman
Victoria Froman rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Mindi Chess
Mindi Chess rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Ellesee
Ellesee rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2016
Fiordiligii
Fiordiligii rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2010
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2013
L Shirey
L Shirey rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Sandra Buvala
Sandra Buvala rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Folie
Folie rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Vanina Ditta
Vanina Ditta rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2014
Rosemary Plonka
Rosemary Plonka rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2014
Ashly
Ashly rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Debbie Hayward
Debbie Hayward rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2010
SuperWendy
SuperWendy rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2012

Mary Burton loves writing suspense, researching forensic and law enforcement procedure, baking, books, and tiny dachshunds. Not necessarily in that order.

She also enjoys hunting down serial killers, which she does in her New York Times and USA Today bestselling novels of suspense and romance. She’s tracked them down in stories set in her hometown of Richmond, Alexandria, Austin and Nashville that
More about Mary Burton...