Start by marking “Oh, Baby!” as Want to Read:
Oh, Baby!

Oh, Baby! (The Whitney Chronicles #3)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  15 reviews
From the moment we met, obstetrician Clay Reynolds scorned my profession as a birthing coach. His scathing remarks left me crying on the shoulder of my potbellied pig, Gertie! It seems only the handsome doc's eight-year-old son, who thinks I hung the moon, can make Clay be civil to me. Clay is a great doctor and loving father. And we're finding a lot in common as we volunt ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Oh, Baby!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, Baby!

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversMark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine RiversLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  Wood
Christian Fiction Favorites
304th out of 429 books — 355 voters
Mother of Prevention by Lori CopelandQueen Esther & the Second Graders of Doom by Allie PleiterThe Whitney Chronicles by Judy BaerThe Sisterhood of the Queen Mamas by Annie JonesIf The Shoe Fits by Marilynn Griffith
Life, Faith and Getting It Right
22nd out of 27 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

This was a quick (and somewhat educational) read about a doula and her life and work at a hospital. The main problem I had was with the love interest. For a character that was portrayed as so logical, his reason for disliking the main character was completely illogical. For me, this was a major flaw in the plot.
It felt a bit too preachy for my taste, both on the Christian and the Doula theme. I didn't connect with either of the main characters. His reason for not liking or respecting her profession is really lame, and has nothing to do at all with being a doula. By his reasoning, he should have hated all doctors as well. I had to force myself to finish the book.
A great fiction book on doulas… Slightly cheesy and a little unrealistic, it does actually have some of the main facts correct when it comes to a doula/patient relationship. In this funny, chick lit book, romance between an unlikely doctor and doula is fun!
This was just a cute, quick read. Christian chic-lit, didn't require a lot of focus, which was perfect for middle-of-the-night feelings with my newborn. I liked it!
Usually, I like Judy Baer's books, but I am truly sick and tired of the plot device that states that the staid, uptight, logical person (in this book, Dr. Clay Reynolds, an OB-GYN) must shed that part of his persona and adopt the free-spirited ways of his love (here, doula Molly Cassidy, rescuer of pets).

Thinking and acting in a logical manner should not be a crime. It should be required of all individuals throughout their lives. Here, though, Clay has seemingly forgotten how to laugh and love.
It was a very cute book!
But, Clay didn't make any sense to me! Molly was crazy to fall for him! I only liked him in the very beginning(when he see's the baby girl), and at the very VERY end (when he finally tells Molly why he has been such a jerk!).
There were a few typos, too. It was a very cute story line and I did like the main character. I just wanted her to stick up for herself.

Still, I am glad I read the book, and I will read more from this author. She puts her faith into her characte
Well... I didn't know this was Christian Fiction when I checked it out but I sure found out the hard way. I don't mind Christian Fiction, I actually enjoy the genre when it's not preachy. This... is very very very preachy. Almost too preachy but the love story was interesting so I finished it. I really didn't like Molly, the MC. She would tell someone not to be judgmental on page and then, on the very next page, she would be judgmental herself. I don't know... I will pass on this author from now ...more
Just - The romance reader
Apr 19, 2009 Just - The romance reader rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Judy Baer fan's and chick-lit lovers.
From the first book I read, I've been a huge fan of Judy Baer. I find Baer's books to be a bit on the predictable side when it comes to the endings. You'll always find a happy ending with the main characters finally realizing that eventhough they have butted heads they're in love and end up getting married (sorry for the spoiler). But Baer's books are fun and light reads. I usually fly through them quickly and wish for another one to read.
Gwen Bryant
Judy Baer books are lots of fun.
Judy Baer is known for her fun and flirty inspirational romances. You may want to start with Oh, Baby!, which tells the story of a birthing coach and the single father she’d like to know better.
I read a LOT of Baer's fiction in middle school and high school, and this brought back the memories: not super well-written or anything special, but an entertaining, quick read nonetheless.
I love the mixture of faith, laughs and romance. I think I have read one other book by Judy Baer and now I will have to find more!
Jan 08, 2010 Jenny rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Picked this out for a cheap romance book - not a lot of romance and not very deep plot. Fast read.
Feb 07, 2012 Lorraine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lorraine by: Nicole
Predictable Christian chick-lit, but loved the fact that it's about a doula and childbirth.
Cute. Wanted more doula details, though.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Rosa Cline
Rosa Cline marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Annie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Breanne marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
K.W. marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Kayleen marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Bethany Boots
Bethany Boots marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Controlling Interest
  • Newlywed Games
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • My So Called Love Life
  • Calm, Cool & Adjusted (Spa Girls, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow, #4)
  • Faking Grace
  • The Cubicle Next Door
  • Mixed Signals
  • Consider Lily
  • It Had to Be You
  • Lost in NashVegas
  • Too Good To Be True
aka Judy Kaye

Judy Baer was born and grew up on a farm on the prairies of North Dakota, USA. An only child, she spent most of her days with imaginary people-either those she read about or those she made up in her head. Her most ambitious conjuring did not succeed, however. She kept a clean stall with hay and oats for the horse she imagined would come but unfortunately, it never did. As an adult, ho
More about Judy Baer...

The Whitney Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Whitney Chronicles