Start by marking “Buddha's Money (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #3)” as Want to Read:
Buddha's Money (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #3)

Buddha's Money (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #3)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  6 reviews
“Fast and confident . . . well-drawn and vivid.”—The Seattle Times

“A slam-bang thriller. . . . Limón keeps the action coming at a furious pace.”—Albuquerque Journal

“The locations . . . are as amazingly vivid as ever, and his wild men heroes are just as good company.”—Los Angeles Times

George and Ernie are American military cops in Korea. They work the neon alleys of sin
Published May 1st 2005 by Soho Crime (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Buddha's Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddha's Money

Shannon
I can definitely say that there we some things about this book that truly horrified me and I don't usually get along well with being horrified. This installment deals with how Sueno and Bascom are used/played by some evil people and in the long run, while they tried hard to do the right thing - no one ends up any better off and so many end up injured or dead. But it's a strong, well crafted story. I'm surprised Limon isn't one of those authors that are more celebrated but perhaps it's because he ...more
Chris
I really enjoyed this one, the third in the series. It's unbelievable but at the same time a page turner. Our two CID agents,Bascom and Sueno, are involved in a life and death race against time to find a jade skull and deliver it to some violent Buddhist kidnappers of a young Korean girl. It's like Indiana Jones meets a Christopher Moore book at times. It's flip, funny, and suspenseful with violence and evil thrown in. We escape Seoul to Suwon, Taejon, and some off shore islands. There are the u ...more
Monty
This is the third in a series about two unconventional army CID agents in 1970s (?) Korea. Each book seems to be better than the one before, so I will continue reading more. The complex story is woven in a way that I didn't want to put the book down. Plus, I kept getting surprised by the turn of events and the rolls of all the characters. There were some brutal scenes, so this one is not for the faint of heart.
Ron
The action is set in Seoul, South Korea in the '90s. Two Army CID officers get caught up/ set up in a scam to still a Buddhist relic. With a little girl's life at stake, it's a race against time - and they lose. But the story isn't over. Lots of action, political unrest, Royal arrogance, religious pride and the inscrutable ways of the Orient all combine to make a fairly readable action/mystery.
Jane
wooden characters, missing sense of fun, brutal storyline involving ten year old girl--much less enjoyment than other titles in this series
C. Atteridge
as a military brat it brought back memories of the
sometimes hilarious vernacular of asian outposts.
that was the best part for me.
Eileen
Eileen is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2015
Sebastian Dong
Sebastian Dong marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Jennifer Lee
Jennifer Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
dot wise
dot wise marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Samori
Samori added it
Nov 29, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Stephen Brewton
Stephen Brewton marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Victoria Mitchell
Victoria Mitchell marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Zulma
Zulma marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Edward
Edward marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
2041012
Martin Limon retired from U.S. military service after 20 years in the Army, including a total of ten years in Korea. He and his wife live in Seattle. He is the author of Jade Lady Burning, which was a New York Times Notable Book, Slicky Boys and Buddha's Money.
More about Martin Limón...

Sergeants Sueño and Bascom (9 books)
  • Jade Lady Burning (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #1)
  • Slicky Boys (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #2)
  • Door to Bitterness (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #4)
  • Wandering Ghost (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #5)
  • G.I. Bones (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #6)
  • Mr. Kill (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom, #7)
  • The Joy Brigade (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #8)
  • The Iron Sickle
Jade Lady Burning (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #1) Slicky Boys (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #2) Mr. Kill (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom, #7) G.I. Bones (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #6) Wandering Ghost (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom #5)