Start by marking “ABC T-Rex” as Want to Read:
ABC T-Rex

ABC T-Rex

T-Rex loves the alphabet so much, he wants to eat it up. So he takes a bite or two, and he finds that C is chewy, D is delicious, and K tastes great with ketchup! Go out to eat with T-Rex, get a taste of this appetizing alphabet--and learn a little about food and a lot about fun! •Nearly half a million Bernard Most dinosaur books sold to date •Uses the alphabet to introduc ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about ABC T-Rex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ABC T-Rex

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Animalia by Graeme BaseDr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. SeussEating the Alphabet by Lois EhlertLMNO Peas by Keith  Baker
Fun and interesting ABC/Abecedarian books
63rd out of 224 books — 137 voters
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Pete the Cat by Eric LitwinThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBark, George by Jules FeifferFrom Head to Toe by Eric Carle
How to rock toddler storytime
272nd out of 329 books — 187 voters

More lists with this book...

Cesar Lopez
Jul 03, 2014 Cesar Lopez rated it it was amazing
David
Mar 21, 2012 David rated it really liked it
ABC T-Rex by Bernard Most is an appealing ABC book that follows a T-Rex eating alphabet letters and food.

Most's detailed illustrations were done in Pantone Tria markers. There is a list of things to look for at the end of the book that start with each letter of the alphabet. My favorite images include the cover, b, f, g, j. k, l, p, s, u, & w.

This alphabet book combines ABC's, dinosaurs, and food in a winning recipe. Both upper and lowercase letters are shown for each letter. The list at the
Tawny Angerame
Sep 05, 2012 Tawny Angerame rated it really liked it
ABC T-Rex written by Bernard Most was a book that I actually enjoyed reading. And I will tell you why, it is funny, cute, and had bright colors. This book is about a T-Rex dinosaur that eats every single letter of the alphabet and he describes how he eats it, the texure of it, and how it tastes to him. When a little kid reads a book, they need to have interest in the book. This book hold their attention, keeps them interested, and sercretly, teaches them about the alphabet! Little kids love anim ...more
Ruben
Jul 02, 2014 Ruben rated it it was amazing
The book was very educational and intresting. If your having trouble with the alphabet then this is the book for you. From letters A through Z this book has it all. It is great for beginners from ages 3 to 6, they will learn much more just by reading them the book. The book also has many colorful bright pictures like food, objects, and animals that will itrest people to read the book.
Chris Campos
Jun 24, 2014 Chris Campos rated it liked it
Not the best book, but a good way of learning. Learning the ABCs for children who want to learn or parents who want to teach their children the alphabet. Personally, I enjoyed the book it's not that bad but definitely a good book to teach kids something. It has animals and reptiles in it maybe kids like things like that and may grab their attention.
Alexis Salazar
Jun 23, 2014 Alexis Salazar rated it it was amazing
This book was cute and funny. I would have loved this book if i had read it when i was small. You could give this book to your child and they could learn their abc. This book is kinda of challenging for a little kid because it had pretty big words. I also liked how it was really colorful and fruity . Overall recommend this to read this to a kid.
Abel Robles
Jul 02, 2014 Abel Robles rated it it was amazing
This book was alright and chill. I would have loved this book if i had read it when i was small. You could give this book to your child and they could learn their abc. This book is kinda of challenging for a little kid because it had pretty big words. Also it helps other kids understand the abc's.
Brandon Menjivar
Jasmine
Feb 03, 2015 Jasmine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alphabet-books
This is a fun book about a dinosaur who gets caught up eating all of his letters of the alphabet. This book finds food-related words to help describe everything that T-Rex is eating throughout the story. The book also includes a little scavenger hunt if you'd like to spend more time on the alphabet and words that start with certain letters. This is a fictional book although it is very informative because, for example, I do not think that Dinosaurs eat pizza.
Ashlyn
Jul 09, 2014 Ashlyn rated it it was amazing
This book can go for Pre-k kids . it can help them understand learning can be fun in many ways. Doing your alphabets is not always boring and by reading this book can really help them understand and doing school work and homework is not always boring.
Lleonardocampos
Jun 24, 2014 Lleonardocampos rated it it was ok
It's a good it about a T-Rex that loved the abc's so much that he ate them up.He ate all the abc's in one day.He ate a for appetizing b for better c for chewy d for delicious e was easy to eat f for feast and it go on and on.
Chris
Jul 10, 2014 Chris rated it did not like it
is a bout a lite Trex how much he loves hes abcs that he made every later a food and ate it cuse he loved hes laters so much he had to eat them and made all kinda food and stared eating like he never ate before
Eric Lemus
ABC T-Rex is about a T-Rex that is showing the reader there ABC.The Writer was trying to use big words for the reader can lean big words.by big words i mean like Appetizing,Delicious,and irresistible.
Danny Siordia
Jul 01, 2014 Danny Siordia rated it really liked it
This book is about a T-rex and he loves ABC's.It teaches the ABC's. It's a colorful book inside and out . It has animals with swag,(positive style),and ABC T-rex is great for little kids and praents.
Christine Rocha
Jun 23, 2014 Christine Rocha rated it it was amazing
It was a pretty good book.It has the alphabet and the dinosaur eating them. Also with each word it has how the dinosaur eats them.
Jennifer Heise
Jun 15, 2015 Jennifer Heise rated it really liked it
My six year old is uninterested in this book, which is a pity, because it has just the kind of wordplay he enjoys.

The T-Rex likes letters. He likes to eat them. So he eats his way through letters of the alphabet, described with adjectives beginning with that letter. As a bonus, other elements beginning with that letter appear on each page. (A list appears in the back, so you can play spot the word with impunity.)

The colorful, rounded letters and character and the domestic setting will probably b
Harry Martinez
Jun 24, 2014 Harry Martinez rated it did not like it
there once was a T-Rex who loved his ABC'S so much he ate them.
Daer Hewett
Jun 23, 2014 Daer Hewett rated it did not like it
i think the story was ehhh ok but it couldve had more excitement .
Melissa
Sep 24, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
An unusual and fun take on an ABC book.
Keithan Wilbarger
This should be read to 2 years old kids
Amy
Feb 03, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
My nephew is *finally* starting to become aware of letters, and he's starting to be able to identify some of them. I really liked this ABC book because it was bright, it had a T-Rex (which my nephew thinks is cool), and because the letters were clearly presented without a lot of fancy schmancy clever wordplay to distract from what I wanted my nephew to see (a dinosaur eating each letter of the alphabet). This is just a great ABC book for toddlers through preschool kids. The boy and I enjoyed it.
Vilo
May 16, 2012 Vilo rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is what I look for in an ABC: capital and small letters represented, examples of each letter that teach the most common sounds of the letter, details children can find to expand their learning, humor, child appeal (especially boys), and a page with the entire ABC so I can practice the ABC song with the children. This book has it all! --not only the entire capital alphabet but the entire lower case alphabet on one page for singing! We all had fun with this book.
Samantha Penrose
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!
Hands down the best ABC book I have read!
Each page highlights upper and lowercase letters and offers a full, colorful page of items that start with said letter. The items featured range from the obvious, to the slick and sly...Each time we read the book we found more and more applicable items in the illustrations.
Mckinley
Mar 07, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, picture, food
Fun; loved the alphabet being descriptive words for eating.
Readergirl77
Jul 30, 2013 Readergirl77 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nathans-shelf
Nathan loved the hungry T-rex....and picking out all the items that started with each letter in the alphabet. A fun read.
Jj
Aug 30, 2016 Jj rated it really liked it
I'm just going to say here that I am a fan of anything Bernard Most writes with dinosaurs in it. This is no exception.
Emma
Nov 04, 2009 Emma rated it liked it
Dinosaurs eat their way through the alphabet! Delicious!
Jessica