Start by marking “An Age of Empires, 1200-1750” as Want to Read:
An Age of Empires, 1200-1750

An Age of Empires, 1200-1750

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The Age of Empires includes some of the most colorful, ruthless, and restless figures in all of history. During this time Genghis Khan told his troops to "fall upon the enemy like falcons," Ivan the Terrible expelled Mongol invaders from Russia but murdered his own son in a fit of rage, and Babur the Tiger ruled India, combining ferocity on the battlefield with a love of b ...more
Published August 25th 2005 by Oxford University Press, USA

To ask other readers questions about An Age of Empires, 1200-1750, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Age of Empires, 1200-1750

Jenevieve
Review first published on My Blog. Check out all my reviews there!

2nd time reading this. Here is previous review:

Middle school history covering the empires of 1200-1750AD including the the Mongols, Poland & Lithuania, Russian, Mughals, Ottoman, Portuguese, Spanish, Habsburgs, and Manchu. I hadn't even heard of some of these so I found it interesting to see how they came into being and how each often learned from the others.

It was even more interesting this time around as I read Trumpeter of
Bob
Dec 21, 2013 Bob rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: history
World history is hard to grasp, simply because it is so complex. I have been trying to develop a better knowledge of this subject, and read extensively. But still had a collection of pieces, with limited sense of the whole.

So I went into the YA section of the library, dug around until I found this book, and it turned out very nicely. It gives an overview of the major world events from about 1200 to about 1750, with enough detail to show what was going on, but without so much information that you
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2012
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2011
Women in Japan: From Ancient Times to the Present (Women in World Area Studies) Women & the Constitution Women in Latin America: The 20th Century Women in Islam: The Ancient Middle East to Modern Times Teaching Guide to an Age of Empires, 1200-1750