Start by marking “Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (And a Way to Get There from Here)” as Want to Read:
Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (And a Way to Get There from Here)

Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (And a Way to Get There from Here)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  367 ratings  ·  46 reviews
We've all heard of people who experience a seemingly miraculous recovery from illness-but can the same thing happen for our whole world? According to pioneering biologist Bruce H. Lipton, it's not only possible, but it is already happening. On Spontaneous Evolution, this world renowned expert in the emerging science of epigenetics reveals how our changing understanding of ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Spontaneous Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spontaneous Evolution

Sabrina Kinckle
I am still reading this book. So far, I am truly enjoying it. I love the matter-of-fact, humorous writing style mixed with concrete scientific evidence on the connection between beliefs and cell generation. This book, so far, is fascinating. It's definitely a must-read! I received it as a gift 3 days ago and can't put it down.
Iona  Main Stewart
I didn't find this the most readable of books initially, as I couldn't tell where it was going. But when I really got into it, I began to appreciate it. The subject-matter of the book affects all our personal lives - the very existence of the planet, and in fact has broad metaphysical ramifications. I haven't previously read any book quite like it.

The authors examine various myths entrenched in the basic beliefs of our civilization and challenge 1) the main tenets of Newtonian philosophy, basica
Nicholas
If books are meant to be a source of reflection for the present learning from the past to move into the future while inspiring new levels of awareness and consciousness then few books will ever accomplish this task as well as Lipton's Spontaneous Evolution. The power of global transformation is at hand and the more people intelligently engaged in the conversation at hand, the better.
Francis Vala
Fantastic book. Definitely recommend it to anyone who is passionate about making a positive change in the world.
Devin.VV
Profound and conscious. Truly a must read for all humans alive today who wish to see a better "now."

This book covers a plethora of coherent ideas leading to a fundemental (and applicable!) method of bringing love into our lives as a tool and spiritual medication.

All my words cannot describe nor communicate the depth and transcendence this book brings. Read it!
Camillo Loken
A very good book showing evidence of intelligent design behind creation. I have referred to Lipton´s work in my own books:

Wake Up You Are God in Disguise - The Paradox of Creation

The Shift in Consciousness and

Michelle Koen
No where near as good as Biology of Belief. I didn't actually finish this. Lipton seems to get too caught up on wordplay and puns and waffle a bit. The actual message of the book, however, was lovely.
Elsie
Took me a bit of time to get through it. But it's nevertheless one of the most interesting and important books I have read in recent times.
Erica
The ideas are fascinating and hopeful, and I enjoyed Bruce Lipton's "The Biology of Belief" which creates a framework for the greatly expand vision in this positive and hopeful book. There were two things that detracted from an otherwise valuable book: (1) the political statements, which I personally found naive and misguided, and (2) Dr. Lipton's sad ignorance of his own heritage. The book would've been better without any political insinuations, and would have a wider appeal, since politics ten ...more
Danijel Brestovac
Spontana evolucija

str. 17- vse religije so zrasle v zibelki civilizacije, iz "Plodnega polmeseca", ki je današnji Irak - ki sedaj, ironično, v nevarnosti, da postane grobnica civilizacije. ..... pa vam bomo malo namignili poanto: ODGOVOR NA NAŠE MOLITVE SMO MI.

Str. 21- kriza je iskra, ki razpihuje plamen evolucije.

Str. 22- skratka, naš uspeh temelji na
naši izbiri, ki je pač popolnoma
odvisen od naše zavedanosti.

Str. 25- znanstveno preučevanje neizpodbitno potrjuje, da onesnaženost človekove POHL
Aussiescribbler Aussiescribbler
"There's good news, and there's bad news. The bad news: civilization, as we know it, is about to end. Now, the good news: civilization, as we know it, is about to end."

We find ourselves at a strangely schizophrenic moment in our history as a species. Never have we had such understanding of the workings of our world, and yet we appear to be propelling ourselves inexorably towards our own extinction through a combination of exponential population growth, an economic system which is dependent on an
John
Built up to something that didnt happen. Decent book though. Pulls upon the works of Rupert Sheldrake and quantum physics. It concluded that 95% of our mind is subconscious, thus most of our thoughts, behaviour and actions are results of our unconscious programming, mostly placed there from when we were aged 0 to 7. So most of our efforts to change behaviours and ourselves are futile as that engages our conscious part of our brain which takes up 5%. To really change, we must go to the unconsciou ...more
David Parker
Most of the book was a summary of "The Biology of Belief". Where "The Biology of Belief" makes the comparison between cells and humans. "Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future" extends it to human's community of cells/organisms to the global community.
Lori Gosselin
I read this the first time taking notes! I'm re-reading it now. There is so much in it that I don't even feel qualified to discuss it yet!!! Wonderful reading experience!
Lori
Thomas Katan
Interesting book that touches different topics, bouncing from hardcore science to metaphysical and purely spiritual.
Not the best style of writing but the content is.
Richard Friedericks
I read this a while ago (now it is April 2014) but remember it as a good, light-hearted yet serious read. Featuring Swami Beyondananda!
Pam
I listened to this on audio. It was an interesting tour of the history of biology and psychology in relation to the body's ability to heal via the placebo effect. Sort of a "thoughts become things" argument but without the daffy broad from The Secret. Instead you have a science dude and a history dude.

I expected less science and history lessons but they were interesting to hear put in a line toward addressing our current society's methods of killing themselves with pills, killing the environment
Oscar Romero
An amazing book that provides many answers to our most common every day questions and helps us realize how we can be better and insure a future for our children---which are indeed, citizens of the same place, mother earth. He covers just about everything so that we, as readers, understand where we are, and where we would want to be—and how to get there.

Strongly recommend this book to everyone who wants to learn and wants to change, for the better.
Emily
Feb 14, 2012 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Emily by: I read Lipton's previous book
An vitally important book for our times, it's chock full of new information. Epi-genetics is a fascinating subject and Bruce Lipton is a pioneer in the field. The research and information contained in his earlier book, The Biology of Belief, and this book will, in time, cause a shift in the current paradigm of biology and human evolution, and in my opinion, it can't happen soon enough.
Skicat
I’ve mostly enjoyed the biology and science that the authors have made fun and easy to grasp. Good spiritual reflection and motivating. The new age thinking, however, labels God as an impersonal distant "force" or "field." I believe God can, and wants to, be addressed in a more personal way. I lost interest toward the end of the book and didn't finish the last couple chapters.
Phyllis
Some of the analogies are far fetched in my opinion but the theory of evoluiton from single cell organisms to complicated human bodies is right on, and recently confirmed by current research. The subtitle; 'Our positive future and a way to get there from here' is a bit misleading as the book is weak on how we get there. Otherwise a great read.
Michael Friess
Bruce H Lipton did it again - and this time with lots of humour thanks to co-author Steve Bhaerman. Lipton takes the intertwining of science and spirit from his first book, The Biology of Belief, one step further.

Detailed review: http://michael.friess.org/review/2011...
Denise
It had some really interesting ideas, and overall I enjoyed reading it, but the packaging of those ideas was lacking. It jumped all over the place, had a lot of really bad puns, and got really really new agey at times.
Memo
I think Bruce Lipton is great! He's a brilliant scientist who talks and presents his material in terms and words we can all understand. His findings and studies are really good. I really enjoy his work.
Leanne Holitza
This book does a good job explaining how we got to where we are with our beliefs. It helps people piece together the history so they can see the can be empowreed to work on their own belief system.
Ken
The political and financial analyses seem to be out of sort.

The rest is a bit of recycling from Lipton's other great works "biology of belief" and others. Interesting read nevertheless.
Kylie
I will have to write a real review of this later but for now I will just say that this is an important book for me--one that will change the way I live in significant ways. I highly recommend it.
Julie
Although this book took me a while to read, I really got a lot out of it. I think the authors offer a lot of cutting edge, paradigm shifting information that offers hope for humanity.
Gail Wood
Feb 16, 2010 Gail Wood is currently reading it
Lipton shows us how our current worldview is killing us and gives a holistic way of perceiving our reality. Every politician needs to read this book.
Jean Gonnella
I think his first two books are excellent, the two before this one ;). This one was repeated things and had very lil new information.
  • The God Code
  • The Presence of the Past: Morphic Resonance and the Habits of Nature
  • The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Pagan Spirituality: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
  • The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You Are Waking Up and Changing the World
  • Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration
  • Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing and Transformation of Consciousness
  • The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement and Meditation in the Art of Medicine
  • Blue Truth: A Spiritual Guide to Life & Death and Love & Sex
  • Journeys Out of the Body
  • Losing Your Pounds of Pain
52035
Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. He has been a guest speaker on hundreds of TV and radio shows, as well as keynote presenter for national and international conferences.

Dr. Lipton began his scientific career as a cell biologist. He received his Ph.D. Degree from the University of Virginia at Charlottesville before joining the Department of
More about Bruce H. Lipton...
The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles The Wisdom of Your Cells: How Your Beliefs Control Your Biology The Honeymoon Effect: The Science of Creating Heaven on Earth Tranceformers, Shamans of the 21st Century An Introduction to Spontaneous Evolution with Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D