Start by marking “Cloak and Dagger (Star Trek: Voyager, #19; Dark Matters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cloak and Dagger (Star Trek: Voyager, #19; Dark Matters, #1)

Cloak and Dagger (Star Trek: Voyager: Dark Matters #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  251 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Starship Voyager's attempts to get home have all failed but when the Romulans discover a way to harness dark matter it seems they may have a chance. Unfortunately this will lead to the Romulans seizing the ship and gaining a technological advantage.
Published November 1st 2000 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Cloak and Dagger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cloak and Dagger

Imzadi by Peter DavidUhura's Song by Janet KaganSpock's World by Diane DuaneYesterday's Son by A.C. CrispinHow Much for Just the Planet? by John M. Ford
Best Star Trek Books
86th out of 245 books — 190 voters
Mosaic by Jeri TaylorThe Eternal Tide by Kirsten BeyerPathways by Jeri TaylorFull Circle by Kirsten BeyerUnworthy by Kirsten Beyer
Best Star Trek Voyager books
8th out of 24 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Jimyanni
Jun 04, 2015 Jimyanni rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-trek
This story was well-enough written, if not truly compelling. The characterizations seemed a bit off, in that the dark matter poisoning that the crew was experiencing was supposed to be having serious deleterious effects on their personalities, but that only seemed to be enforced sporadically. Yes, every once in a while we would see clear indications of the effects, but at least as frequently there was no sign of difficulties. Janeway has a headache that makes her very irritable, and sometimes sh ...more
Sharon
Cloak and Dagger is the first book in the Dark Matters Trilogy. This is set late in the sixth season around the time of the episode "Muse'.

This trilogy ties in with the episode 'Eye of the Needle'. The Romulan character Telek R'Mor makes a return.

This is a set up book that shifts locations from Voyager to the Romulan Capital. There is a conspiracy afoot to capture Voyager via a manufactured wormhole. Voyager is being attacked by 'dark matter' that is affecting the crew. It makes some sick, some
Joshua Palmatier
Feb 14, 2014 Joshua Palmatier rated it liked it
This book felt mostly like set-up, without a whole lot of an internal plot. Since this is book one of a three part series, this is probably not much of a surprise.

The premise: Early on, Voyager encountered a small wormhole and made contact with a Romulan scientist on the far side. Unfortunately, they discovered that the wormhole not only connected the Delta Quadrant with the Alpha Quadrant, but it jumped through time as well. The Romulan, named Telek, lived 20 years in Voyager's past. In this bo
Cheryl
Jan 27, 2015 Cheryl rated it liked it
Book one in a trilogy. Loved spending time with the Voyager crew again and enjoyed learning some stuff about dark matter. The return of Telek R'Mor was a nice touch, because that was one of the earliest episodes. The effects of the dark matter on the entire crew were also interesting to read about for someone with some medical knowledge -- people react to the same stimuli in different ways. I am interested to see how the story plays out.
Angela
The Romulan that Voyager had previously met turns up again. The Romulans intend to capture Voyager and use their advances in technology to change the timeline. Only problem is the method uses dark matter. This is definitely a setting the scene type book, the plot and characters are decent too. A good read.
Erica
Jul 08, 2016 Erica rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. In many ways it was just my kind of story since I found the whole idea with the dark matter very interesting. Not to mention that Christie Golden brought back Telek R'Mor from one of my favorite episodes, "Eye of the Needle", from season one of Voyager. And with him, of course, more Romulans and the prospect of trying to protect the timeline. For me this trilogy feels very promising and I'm looking forward to see where Golden takes it.
Lisa
Apr 26, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Good opening to a trilogy.
Read1000books
Dec 09, 2010 Read1000books rated it liked it
Shelves: star-trek
Book 1 of a trilogy. Golden has a great story line going here and has the potential to blow past her Star Trek yawner "The Last Roundup" that I read a few years back. My only complaint is that I dislike stories where the main character(s) are rescued from whatever the life-threatening situation is when an all-powerful being shows up, and this one partially falls into that category.
Mandy
Jul 21, 2010 Mandy rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2010, star-trek
I haven't read any Star Trek novels by other authors, but I really like the way Christie Golden writes. It's probably also to my advantage that I haven't watched all the episodes from the Voyager TV series, as I'm assuming that these novels follow along in the same story arc. Whatever the case, I found this book entertaining and well-paced.
Shauna
Aug 27, 2009 Shauna rated it really liked it
If you like Voyager, this is a great author for the books. She sticks very close to what happened during the seven seasons of the show.
Mikael Kuoppala
May 27, 2012 Mikael Kuoppala rated it liked it
A bit amateurishly written opening to a trilogy that showed its true teeth in the last subsequent installments.
Jo
Mar 03, 2012 Jo rated it liked it
Another save the universe with help from an ominpotent being. Need to read the trio to get the whole story.
Joseph
Dec 14, 2013 Joseph rated it it was ok
This whole series was fairly "meh" nonsensical fantasy-quest. The Romulan scenes were interesting though.
Kevin Cranmer
Feb 06, 2010 Kevin Cranmer rated it really liked it
Read this series years ago, but I remember really enjoying it at the time.
Ryan
Apr 05, 2013 Ryan rated it really liked it
Good Trilogy
VAW
VAW rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Rene'
Rene' added it
Aug 25, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Cf Bowers
Cf Bowers rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Desply
Desply marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Paul Ranson
Paul Ranson rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Gemma
Gemma added it
Aug 09, 2016
Charlie Millar
Charlie Millar marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Julie Soden
Julie Soden rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Russell Williams
Russell Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Jessie Radford
Jessie Radford marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
  • Chrysalis (Star Trek Voyager, #12)
  • The Garden (Star Trek Voyager, #11)
  • The Black Shore (Star Trek Voyager, #13)
  • Echos (Star Trek Voyager, #15)
  • Cybersong (Star Trek Voyager, #8)
  • Bless the Beasts (Star Trek Voyager, #10)
  • Battle Lines (Star Trek Voyager, #18)
  • Death of a Neutron Star (Star Trek: Voyage, #17)
  • Violations (Star Trek: Voyager #4)
  • The Nanotech War (Star Trek Voyager #39)
  • Ragnarok (Star Trek Voyager, #3)
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, Book 4)
  • Pathways (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Star Trek: Voyager, #7)
  • Flashback (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Incident at Arbuk (Star Trek: Voyager, #5)
  • Evolution (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #3)
  • Cohesion (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #1)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...

Star Trek: Voyager: Dark Matters (3 books)
  • Ghost Dance (Star Trek: Voyager, #20; Dark Matters, #2)
  • Shadow of Heaven (Star Trek Voyager, #21; Dark Matters, #3)