Start by marking “Animals” as Want to Read:
Animals

Animals (DK Baby Touch and Feel)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  17 reviews
With padded covers, simple images, and an amazing range of novelty textures, Baby Touch and Feel books immediately capture the attention of the very youngest children to create an experience they'll want to repeat over and over again.
"Baby Touch and Feel: Bedtime" features blankets, stars, sleepy stuffed animals, and lots of soothing bedtime textures.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published January 21st 2008 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Animals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animals

Mallory
So the little guy is in an animal kick now so off to the library we go. This was one of four we brought home and by far the worst of the bunch.

1. Not every "touch" aligns with the animal. The kitten you touch a ball of yarn, the tiger you touch grass, and the elephant you touch water. Huh? I thought you were supposed to touch the animals?

2. The baby animal names are not uniform either. It starts out great with kitten and puppy. We then get tiger cub (ok) and baby monkey. Wait... a baby monkey i
Wench
"Baby Touch and Feel" is technically true, but that doesn't mean it's well done here.

*Four out of twelve animals/insects have the exact same texture.
*Some of the animals don't even have a texture on them - for example, the kitten, you touch a ball of yarn, and the snail, you touch the snail's trail.
*Some of the textures are phoned in - like that snail's trail. It's just slightly indented in to the page. The elephant, spraying water? Some of the water is sparkly and slightly indented and that's w
Jennifer Rampton
Summary: This book is such a cute book. It shows baby animals doing something they enjoy. The kitten is playing with a ball of yarn, the dog is playing, the tiger is laying in grass, etc. On each page, there is something for the child to touch. It is either the animal, the grass, or the animals fur. It also says the sound the animal makes.
Personal Reaction: I like this book, because it gives the children something to feel when learning about each animal and it shows the animal in its natural ha
Elyssa
Jan 26, 2014 Elyssa marked it as books-read-w-juniper
Cute book. I wish the execution of the textures was better -- for instance the texture for the kitten is not even in the animal but OB the ball of yarn?? Which is unfortunate. Cute overall but definitely some missed opportunities here.
Amos Kitani
I thought there were some good opportunities to touch and feel although the vast majority tended to be some sort of fuzzy/furry/soft (very understandable in dealing with animals common to us babies). Some touch-and-feel stand outs: the bumpy starfish, faux-scaly goldfish. However the supposedly "slimey" trail of the snail offered little more than shine and the bright-Christmas-wrapping-paper grass the tiger was nestled in had no noticeable texture either. The text is largely random so make sure ...more
Kellee
Cannot give it a 3 because it had a picture of a chimpanzee and calls it a baby monkey... for shame DK.
Meredith
Tastes good to baby but not enough differentiation in animal textures.
Rosie Gutmann
Bought this for Grace for Christmas; she loved it!
Kim
All in all an ok book. I do wish that fish and starfish were not on the same spread. My 1 year old gets a bit confused when I ask her to point out the fish. I'm sure she'll figure it out, but it would have been better to have these further apart in the book
Katie
Devin got this book in his easter basket, and he really likes it. There are surprisingly a lot of textures in this book for being a DK Baby touch-and-feel (they usually just seem to have a few). Devin gives it a thumbs-up.
Ratforcekids
DK Publishing has lots of animal books for little ones. This particular book is a Touch & Feel book that children love! Real pictures of animals always make learning about animals easier and DK is an expert at this.
Shannon
Mar 18, 2008 Shannon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: babies!
Diego and I like the furry little spots on the animals but it's a little inconsistent that some of the animals are babies and some are adults. they're all either babies or adults! or am i being too harsh?
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
We had fun touching the different furs :)
Voracious_reader
Good book for an infant/toddler who loves animals. There's something textured on every page; however, most are pretty similar.
Josiah
The textured animals are a good sensory experience for the very young or the very old.
Abby
My one year old love this book, shes loves feeling the "bunny"
Brecka
Jun 30, 2012 Brecka added it
Shelves: olivia-s, own
From the Bordens
Angie
Angie added it
Apr 20, 2015
  • It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
  • Good Morning, Good Night!: A Touch & Feel Bedtime Book
  • Happy Hippo, Angry Duck
  • Wiggle
  • The Potty Book for Girls
  • Bright Baby Animals
  • Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein)
  • You Are My Sunshine
  • My Very First Book Of Shapes
  • Froggy Learns to Swim
  • Another Monster at the End of This Book
  • Peekaboo Morning
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?

DK Baby Touch and Feel (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Baby Animals
  • Bathtime
  • Bedtime
  • Bunny
  • Christmas (DK Baby Touch and Feel)
  • Colors and Shapes (Baby Touch and Feel)
  • Cuddly Animals (Baby Touch and Feel)
  • Farm
  • Farm Animals
  • Baby Touch And Feel First Words
Touch and Feel: Farm Baby Faces Playtime Peekaboo! Farm Bedtime Peekaboo!