Opuestos con Jorge el Curioso

Opuestos con Jorge el Curioso (Curious George Board Books)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Riding forward and backward on his bicycle and letting pigs in and out of their pen, George, in his typical inquisitive manner, explores opposites in this simple book.
Board Book, 8 pages
Published March 25th 2002 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published March 30th 1998)

David
Curious George's Opposites (Curious George Board Books) by H.A. Rey features sentences and illustrations to show pairs of opposites. Bright, colorful illustrations of six sets of opposite words utilize pictures from other Curious George books. Single and double page spreads are used. My favorite images are backward, dripping wet, out!, and awake.

Opposite pairs shown include up and down, forward and backward, dry and wet, in and out, closed and open, and awake and asleep. The opposite words are c...more
Carol
Everyone loves Curious George! This book of the extensive series is perfect for the youngest audience. The simplicity of opposites, the thick, easy-to-handle pages and the basic types of experiences are especially conducive to very young children. Sentence structure is basic, but at times offers inverted order of subjects and predicates which might serve to expand the child's understanding of our language. The variation of separate pictures on opposite pages interspersed with double-page illustr...more
Robert
Nice book of antonyms for toddlers.
****
I saved this book from the mass-giveaway for I thought it would be helpful to introduce antonyms to my students. I used it today to do so.

Despite it being a low-level book for them, it worked well as an introduction/review of a skill students have had previously.
****
9 April 2007
13 December 2013
Joann Aubain
This book I like because it teaches the basic concepts of opposites, that George experiences and identifies.

A learning experience I would do with children would have them break into small groups and pick 5 items from the classroom and think of an opposite to the items for later discussion on why it would be opposite.
Erin Saflarski
This adorable little children's picture book is just as educational as it is fun. As Curious George is riding around on his bicycle he teaches readers about opposites such as in, out, up, down, etc. in a fun way. This book is appropriate for ages 3-4.
Alicia
This is one of my daughter's favorite books. She loves to point at the pictures and tell me what is going on. I think some of the wording could have been better to make it more educational and clear, but my daughter seems to understand it anyway.
Tommy
A CHristmas present from Grandma. Tommy knows most of his opposites, except for a bit of confusion on over/under.
Danny
This was a present for Tommy, but Danny likes pointing out the pictures we've seen in other Curious George books.
Jake
cute book . . . for the toddler crowd. Mom and I were bored at church and it was in the room, so we read it. :)
Caroline Petty
This is a timeless book that is great for teaching children that antonyms are opposites.
jacky
Both kids really liked this board book. They wanted me to read it again immediately.
Heidi
This is a good opposites book for kids because the words are used in context.
Cassi
pre-k/ kindergarten. Great book to open up lesson on opposites!
Bug
A little light on plot, but Rye enjoys it anyway.
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Kirei
Feb 24, 2008 Kirei rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: toddlers/preschoolers
Shelves: younger-kids
Leslie
Leslie added it
Jan 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Hans Augusto Rey was born on September 16, 1898, in Hamburg, Germany. He grew up there near the world-famous Hagenbeck Zoo, and developed a lifelong love for animals and drawing. Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein (who would be known to most of the world as Margret Rey) was also born in Hamburg on May 16, 1906. The two met briefly when Margret was a young girl, before she left Hamburg to study art. The...more
More about H.A. Rey...
Curious George Curious George Rides a Bike Curious George Takes a Job Curious George Gets a Medal Curious George Learns the Alphabet