Start by marking “Loveless, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Loveless, Volume 3

Loveless, Volume 3 (Loveless #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  2,126 ratings  ·  27 reviews
After a grueling battle against the powerful Zeros, Soubi is badly injured, and in spite of his training, the pain almost too much to bear. He goes to see Ritsuka, but Soubi's erratic behavior and unpredictable emotions take over, and he abruptly storms away before Ritsuka can care for him. Ritsuka is left tormented and confused...but the mystery behind the death of his ol ...more
Published October 10th 2006 by TokyoPop (first published June 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Loveless, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loveless, Volume 3

Finder, Volume 1 by Ayano YamaneTotally Captivated, Volume 1 by Hajin Yoo跪いて靴にキスを [Hizamazuite Kutsu ni Kiss wo] [Kneel Down and Kiss ... by Maia ToriSadistic Boy by Maia ToriThe Crimson Spell, Volume 1 by Ayano Yamane
M/M
22nd out of 26 books — 5 voters
Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 by Rei TōmaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite KuboSkip Beat!, Vol. 02 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Manga read in 2012
50th out of 149 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Kati
Poor. Yun Kouga really revels in violence and blood. When it's not Soubi bleeding, being hurt or tortured, it's Ritsuka being smacked around by his mother. The main characters' actions and emotions make no sense to me, I just can't connect with them. As the synopsis says: erratic. And the female characters are still naive and dumb (the teacher starts crying in class because her students are mean to her and Yuiko is talking about herself in third person? *rolls eyes*).

Also, Yun Kouga is obsessed
Sakura Yue Michaelis
I finally get why yaoi is so popular... It is because yaoi mangas make girls look so stupid so of course the reader will want the incredible guy to fell in love with the girly guy! Who of course will be stronger, more intelligent, braver and more interesting than girls in the manga. In this case, Yuiko and the teacher are so annoying. The teacher is so dumb, I wonder why Soubi did not run away from her when he got the chance.

But I still couldn't figure it out why Soubi needs Ritsuka. He could fi
Robert Beveridge
Yun Kouga, Loveless, vol. 3 (Tokyopop, 2003)

Well, it only took me three volumes of Loveless to decide I wasn't going to continue on with this one. Too many structural defects, the main one being that scene shifts are almost impossible to track when (a) so many of your characters look close-to-identical and (b) they don't use each other's names all that often. A majority of the time I ended up having no clue who was who. Five more volumes of this? I'll pass. Fans of Fruits Basket (another manga w
Noran Miss Pumkin
I just cannot see how Loveless' fighter can take the punishment everyday-for he fights daily. Also no one doping anything about the prolonged child abuse suffered by Loveless-come on now! I do not know if I will give this series one more volume or not.
Yvensong
I had forgotten that I had this one on Interlibrary Loan. Since I've built a bit of a relationship with the ILL Librarian, I decided to read it before returning so I can provide a review, if she asks.

I had forgotten who half the characters were since reading the last volume, which left me quite confused for the first several pages.

The teacher, about the only developed female in the series, has become more annoying and dumber since we met her.

The main focus of the first half of this particular v
Jody Mena
I love Loveless! I am also quite confused! Whenever one mystery is solved, it seems like two new ones pop up in its place, especially surrounding Septimal Moon - gah, its a hydra! Kill it with fire!... no, its not that bad. But I sure wish I could figure out what Soubi's real motives are. He is definitely motivated by his orders from Seimei, but he seems to have a genuine attachment to Ritsuka as well. He tells Ritsuka to command him and he will do as he says, but then he doesn't follow some of ...more
Holly Letson
Loveless, Volume 1 was a book that didn't keep my attention as well as it should have, so I almost gave up on this series. But, I am glad that I didn't. When I saw the second omnibus of this series up on Edelweiss, I thought "What the hey? Let's give it another shot, and see if it gets better.". And, it did.
Loveless isn't an extremely fast-paced series, nor it is it extremely slow. It has its' action moments, but is more about the life of the characters than tons of battles. If you expected *
Kimi
I love this. I just love this manga so much. I feel so bad for Ritsukas mom though,and I do find Yuiko a bit frustrating, but the love between sacrificeand fighter is so intense and lovely :)
Kayla Eklund
two point five stars. This was even more confusing than the first volume.
Rebecca Ann
Still disturbing, but it does make me think. Why is it ok in American culture/lit for a a 100 year old male vampire to fall in love with a little girl and not for a 20 year old cat-person to fall in love with a little cat-boy. In fact, there are rampant inappropriate age matches of the older male to significantly younger female in our lit. Still, this book takes it to a much younger level. I just pretend R is 16 or 17. It's definitely a compelling and strange story.
Tricia
I found this one to be dangerously close to a filler volume, but it picks up towards the end. Ritsuka-kun's gathering ideas about how Septimal Moon works, but there are enough mysteries left over to keep the readers on their toes. I still think Loveless is original and suitably complex, dark but not tasteless. Loveless hasn't let me down yet, and I'm hoping the rest of the series is as good as this.
Jordan
Soubi disturbs me. Ritsuka is still adorable... (Guilty saying that). I actually kinda like the story and relate to Ritchan, and the art is good, if you like... uh, this sort of thing.

But of course no reading if you are uncomfortable with yaoi or S&M elements, because it is at least mildly both at times. Suggestive humor as well.
Anna
Ah, the entrance of Zero. The use of the group(s) Zero is a major development in the Loveless series, and I love how their presence intensifies conflict and the seriousness of the plot.

I also love the paradox of Soubi's loyalty - how he has to obey both Ritsuka and Seimei, unsure which can be absolute.
Bookwatcher
Soubi is such pain slut
:-P
But I love him though

Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
Bah. Despite the hype surrounding this manga/anime, I had a really hard time getting into it. It didn't hold my attention at all.
Marie
The saga continues. Ritsuka tries to figure out more about Septimal Moon. Soubi fights the Zero unit.
Aredhel
Finally some answers about the Seven Moons. Not much information, but better than nothing at all.
Christine
A filler volume. I'm hoping the next one has more Soubi and Ritsuki interaction.
Kat
Sep 30, 2007 Kat rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: shonen-ai fans
Shelves: loveless
I think that soubi and ritsuka are going to be together forever
Soubi
Things are heating up between Ritsuka and Soubi!!!!
Kate
Once again, beautiful artwork and an interesting story...
Cassandra Phoenix

Omnibus edition volume 2. Now I wait.
Steph
Dec 10, 2008 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Beautiful art and interesting story.
  • Gravitation, Volume 06
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 4
  • The Crimson Spell, Volume 2
  • Junjo Romantica, Volume 2
  • Yellow, Volume 03
  • Only the Ring Finger Knows
  • Saiyuki, Vol. 7

Loveless (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Loveless, Volume 1
  • Loveless, Volume 2
  • Loveless, Band 4 (Loveless #4)
  • Loveless, Volume 5
  • Loveless, Volume 6
  • Loveless, Volume 7
  • Loveless, Volume 8
  • Loveless 9
  • Loveless 10
  • Loveless, Volume 11
Loveless, Volume 1 Loveless, Volume 2 Loveless, Volume 5 Loveless, Band 4 (Loveless #4) Loveless, Volume 7