Start by marking “Goodnight Sh'ma” as Want to Read:
Goodnight Sh'ma

Goodnight Sh'ma

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A Jewish child gets ready for bed and says the traditional "Sh'ma" prayer in this beautiful board book with rhyming text. Charming illustrations by award-winning Melanie Hall.

Book Details: Format: Board Book Publication Date: 9/1/2008 Pages: 12 Reading Level: Age 2 and Up
Board Book, 12 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Kar-Ben Publishing (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight Sh'ma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight Sh'ma

Hoosier
This is a wonderful book for every Jewish child. It can be bought for babies, since it is a board book, but would also be a nice present for preschool-age child. The pictures in it are gorgeous and the words are very sweet. As the book progresses, it builds up to the first refrain in the Sh'ma. It is a peaceful book and a wonderful way to end the evening.
Jim
wow, what a beautiful book! too be two or three years old and receive this as a gift, i'd never have let it go. this is an art book.
Rebecca  Einstein Schorr
The best bedtime read EVER. Our three-year-old LOVES this book. And so do I.
Ame
Sweet little evening prayer book with the Hebrew prayers at the end.
Steven Havre
Steven Havre marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Ruth
Ruth added it
Jun 04, 2009
662012
I am a children's author, teacher, librarian, and poet.
My books include Zapato Power: Freddie Ramos Takes Off, Unite or Die: How Thirteen States Became a Nation, No English, Sarah Laughs, Benjamin and the Silver Goblet, Duck for Turkey Day, and Never Say a Mean Word Again. Please visit me at http://www.jacquelinejules.com
More about Jacqueline Jules...
Zapato Power: Freddy Ramos Takes Off Duck for Turkey Day Freddie Ramos Springs into Action (Zapato Power, #2) No English Unite or Die