Start by marking “Divine By Choice (Partholon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Divine By Choice (Partholon, #2)

Divine By Choice (Partholon #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  6,897 Ratings  ·  285 Reviews
Shannon Parker has finally come to terms with life in the mythical world of Partholon. She loves her centaur husband, her connection to the goddess Epona and the pampering that comes with both! She's almost forgotten her old life on Earth—especially when she discovers she's pregnant….

Then a sudden burst of power sends her back to Oklahoma. Without magic, Shannon can't retu
Published December 1st 2006 by Luna Books

To ask other readers questions about Divine By Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine By Choice

Char
For my full review please visit my blog: From the Shadows I review

Now for the first time in my blog's history I must star with an apology. My opinion on this books is very low and in order to get my main point across there will be a spoiler.

So I'm going to start with my main point and I have to say I feel very strongly about this. Rhiannon's downfall is sickening, I mean this I felt physically sick as I read about Rhiannon as a teenage girl being raped by a man wearing a dead horse's head. I'm
Tina
Aug 10, 2009 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fantasy, own-it
I was drawn to this series because I adore Partholon. Unfortunately, this book takes place mostly back in Oklahoma. I found those scenes boring and tended to skim through most of that section.

*SPOILER BELOW*

I'm having a hard time understanding and accepting Shannon's reasoning for sleeping with Clint. She was only parted from Clanfinton for what 3 or 4 days? Seems her and Rhiannon have more in common than she would care to admit.

Would I recommend? If you don't mind the setting in Oklahoma, try i
Gina
Aug 15, 2016 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-2016
Loving this series!!! Right when I'm thinking nothing else is going to happen, what do you know, "It does"!! Cast is amazing!!I Love how effortless the story just flows!! I Love the mix of characters!! This is a steady and smooth read!!
Liliana Pinto
Depois de ter lido o livro "Divina por engano" fiquei um pouco com o pé atrás devido à personagem principal.
Quis ler este livro para conseguir perceber se havia (na minha opinião) melhorias relativamente a Shannon e não é que houve?

Seis meses depois do término do livro "Divina por engano", Shannon Parker descobre que está grávida. Mas também descobre que Nuada não está tão morto como aparenta. Depois de ser sugada de volta para Oklahoma, Shannon tem de tomar a maior decisão da sua vida: ficar o
Suzi
Mar 22, 2008 Suzi rated it did not like it
Merve Aslankılıç
Kitabın sonunda salya sümük ağladım desem yeridir. Uzun zamandır ilk defa bir kitap beni bu denli duygulandırdı. Ne diyebilirim ki, harika bir kitaptı. İlk kitaptan daha akıcı gitti bu. Belki de konuya adapte olduğum için bana öyle geldi, bilmiyorum. Tek şey var; sanırım bu benim favori serim olacak.
Jen
Mar 06, 2010 Jen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, crap
What I learnt? Nothing. Just that PC Cast while funny in turn, is also ridiculously disney slapped.
Moni_qe
Jul 20, 2010 Moni_qe rated it it was amazing
Never has a fantasy world enthralled me as much as this one! (or at least not since i was a teen lol) When I read the first book I would wake up in the morning and my mind would immediately start wondering about Rhea and ClanFintan. I enjoyed it so so much! So when I finished it I was totally content with the ending. I then went to swop it with book 2 on my bookshelf. Did not intend to start reading it until at least the next day until...I READ THE BACK of the book which I hate doing when readin ...more
Darcy
Mar 26, 2010 Darcy rated it liked it
This book picks up with Shannon/Rhea a few months after the last one. She has fully settled into her new world and her new role as the Beloved. With ClanFintan gone for a month cleaning up the mess from the war Rhea is on her own, with some new worries. The very night that ClanFintan comes home she makes a startling discovery that will bring great changes to her and the world around her.

While on a ride with her horse, Epi, Rhea discovers trees that seem very much like those back home in OK. Whil
Mel
Jan 16, 2010 Mel rated it it was ok
Shannan/GirlsInTheStacks.com
P.C. Cast has become one of my favorite authors lately. I love the Partholon adult novels that she is writing and truly feel the characters are real and believable. Unfortunately, Divine by Choice didn’t knock my socks off. No matter how much I wanted it to do so.

Shannon is pulled back to Oklahoma through a divide in the trees. She quickly learns that all is not right in Oklahoma where her family and friends have been betrayed by Shannon’s look-alike Rhiannon. Something evil has been called and
Nicola
I am caught between giving this either three or four stars. It was good but it was not amazing. I do love the writing style in these books- it's really simple and flows really well. It makes the books a pleasure to read. However, I didn't like the fact that I was over one hundred pages into the book before the events from the description began happening. I felt like I was spending too long waiting for the actual story to begin. Once back in her own world, I felt Shannon made a lot of questionabl ...more
Lori Whitwam
Jan 14, 2008 Lori Whitwam rated it liked it
The second in the Shannon/Rhiannon series by P.C. Cast. Picture ancient Scotland and mythological Greece, and you'll have a good idea of where Oklahoma schoolteacher Shannon Parker finds herself when a nasty divine entity switches places with her. Luckily, it turns out that was the Goddess's (who Rhiannon represented in their world) really wanted, as Shannon is the true "Beloved of Epona."

Review: Still very good, a fascinating world/situation, though I wish this one happened more in the fantasy
Annlu
Apr 12, 2015 Annlu rated it really liked it
After the Formorian War Shannon doesnt feel good. She is sick and sees strange shadows everywhere. And just now ClanFintan is not with her. Also the Goddess has not spoken to her in a while. Then she starts to see her mirror image Rhiannon in our world.
After ClanFintan comes back from his duties the story is not as melancholic as before. And finding out why she feels so sick brings them good news. But then something happens. Rhiannon is not happy with her role in our world anymore and tries to
Sakurahan
Joana
Mar 21, 2014 Joana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Opinião completa em: http://leituranaoocupaespaco.blogspot...

" Opinião:

"Divina por Escolha" é o segundo livro da série Divina de PC Cast, vindo no seguimento de "Divina por Engano", cuja opinião podem consultar AQUI (carregar no link).

No primeiro livros vemos a adaptação de Shannon a Partholon, deixando o Oklahoma para trás, tornando-se na feliz encarnação da Deusa Eponina, assim como a fiel e encantada esposa do Sumo-Xamã Centauro, ClanFintan.

Neste segundo livro, Shannon descobre que está grávi
Kate
Jul 25, 2015 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Again, the premise was good and it was the execution was what let it down slightly for me. I think the main problem is that most of this author's work is YA and so the writing and often the personalities of the characters fall into this category whilst the cover states not suitable for younger readers which shows the intention of writing an adult book. As such it sits awkwardly in the middle, were it not for the age of the characters I would label this as New Adult. If a decade was taken off the ...more
Leandra
Athena
Jun 11, 2010 Athena rated it did not like it
No no no no no. I can't say it enough. This book was terrible. It actuay encourages adultery and even rape. Seriously, rape is ok if a goddess is making you do it?? Oh, and if you know your girlfriend is going to leave you to go back to her husband, its ok to kill yourself?? Wow, I', just not sure if I'll be reading anything else by this author. I was thoroughly disgusted!
Hilda
Aug 25, 2008 Hilda rated it it was amazing
This sequel to "Goddess By Mistake" was just as wonderful as the first book for me :) I really like this author and have already stocked my TBR shelf with a bunch of books by her.

I think she is becoming one of my favorite authors right next to Sandra Brown, Audrey Niffenger, Alice Sebold, Stephenie Meyer, and Nora Roberts :)
Adrielle
At this stage the series is still ok. Shannon is still in the mythical world and decides to play by the rules while she is there. She has a centaur husband, who is actually quite spectacular. He knows her story and loves her. However, I feel that I'm going to end up dropping a blah sooner or later.
sanne
Aug 13, 2016 sanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m not sure if I should give this 3 or 4 stars..

I did love how the book was written, it’s easy to read and I flew through it and it was a pleasure to read it. However I didn’t like that most of the book was set in the Oklahoma and not in the fantasy world. In the beginning it made the story a bit boring.

I felt like Shannon was getting a little bit annoying in this book she made a lot of choice that I didn’t expect and sometimes not even liked. In the first book she was different then in this b
Lorraine Sears
Apr 25, 2016 Lorraine Sears rated it it was amazing
The second book in P.C. Cast's Partholon series picks up right where book one finished, bringing us the continuing story of Shannon Parker, high school English teacher turned Goddess Incarnate.

The story continues in first person as we experience every twist and turn through Shannon's eyes.

Terrifying, heartbreaking and in places somewhat unsettling the story delivers a plethora of emotion.

Thhe fantasy world grows a little in this book, with the introduction of deep magic from the forests. Even
Shellie
Oct 30, 2014 Shellie rated it liked it
Same love-hate relationship. This book is a little darker than the first. You get to learn more about Rhiannon which was pretty interesting. List of things you have to get past to read this book:
-"Shannon my girl". Clint does NOT need to say this every time he says her name. SO irritating!
-One person dies, and Shannon quickly gets over it. Another person dies, and she can't get over it. Let's have some consistency here.
-Animal deaths.
-Some disturbing perversion.
-Inaccurate timeline (view spoiler
Amy
Aug 15, 2011 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'll tell you this, its worse than the first one. I mean its utter nonsense. I mean, what kind of goddess asks someone to sleep with another guy when she is pregnant with someone else's baby????
Jessica
May 18, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Loving this series... for once I agree with the actions of the main character and I can read along and simply enjoy the ride :)
Dragana
Jul 04, 2011 Dragana rated it it was ok
Hannah
So sad, I really wasn't sure how it was going to end. Love is a tragic thing. Can't wait to get my hands on the next book.

Tahnee
Jul 04, 2012 Tahnee rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book, was a great insight and history of Rhiannon!! Into Divine by Blood already, what a great series!
Sheina
Dec 13, 2008 Sheina rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It kept my interest throughout and I am excited to read the next one.
The Ultimate ABC ...: Divine by Choice - P.C. Cast 1 6 Mar 15, 2012 01:08AM
So Many Books, So...: What do you think of Rihannon?? 1 6 Nov 21, 2011 05:13AM
  • In Stone's Clasp (Final Dance, #2)
  • The Dawn Star (Lost Continent, #3)
  • Shadows of Prophecy
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • High Stakes & Hunted (Vampire Beach, #5-6)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Song of Unmaking
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Gossamyr (Changelings, #2)
  • Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • The House of Gaian (Tir Alainn, #3)
  • The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4)
  • The Haunting (Sisters of Isis, #4)
  • Het levende labyrint (De verborgen universiteit, #2)
  • The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker (Strangely Beautiful, #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Partholon (5 books)
  • Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1)
  • Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3)
  • Elphame's Choice (Partholon, #4)
  • Brighid's Quest (Partholon, #5)

“Your dad would stake me out to freeze if I let you fall and hurt yourself." He offered me his arm, which I latched onto gratefully.
"He wouldn't stake you out," I panted as we forced our way through the hard top layer of snow that was almost thigh deep. "He'd just shoot you."
"Well that's a comfort.”
19 likes
“Oh, God, Shannon. You're blowing my mind." Clint's morning voice was rich with passion.
I wanted to correct him and explain that it wasn't his mind I was blowing, but my mother had taught me it was impolite to speak when one's mouth was full...”
12 likes