Start by marking “White Dynamite & Curly Kidd” as Want to Read:
White Dynamite & Curly Kidd

White Dynamite & Curly Kidd

A School Library Journal Best Book
Published March 15th 1989 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published December 31st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about White Dynamite & Curly Kidd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Dynamite & Curly Kidd

Jun 04, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dialogue is the driving force in this book. Lucky Kidd is having a conversation with Curly Kidd, the dad, before he goes to ride on the meanest bull in the USA, Dynamite. Lucky seems to be the type to talk when nervous, but Curly is more of the type to stay quiet. He answers the questions, but doesn't go into much detail. The one tip he says is that while he is riding, he thinks of places he would like to go. Lucky picks that up and while the ride is going, Lucky is shouting/thinking about place ...more
Mr. Moser's Class
Aug 25, 2014 Mr. Moser's Class is currently reading it
I looked this book because a man rode a bull and survived. I liked the book because it had a lot of action. I liked the book because of the bull. The book had a surprise ending. It was like a rodeo. The bull rider rode the meanest bull in the USA. It had a lot of information. This book is very sensitive.
Kallie Krammes
Oct 19, 2015 Kallie Krammes rated it really liked it
This is a fun book especially if the reader changes their voice to match that of a cowboy. I liked this book a lot because it keeps the children engaged and can teach them internal dialogue. Also, this book can teach them about surprise endings. I recommend this for a read aloud.
Mary Dye
Oct 19, 2015 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book, k-5th, humor
White Dynamite and Curly Kid provides the reader with a great experience because of the dialogue and surprise ending. I loved the creativity this book had to offer, which makes it a great read for all ages.
Breana Fitzgerald
This book is great for teaching monologue and surprise endings. It is really entertaining and pretty funny. Using different voices for the dad and the kid will keep the kid's attention.
Chandra Fleenor
This book was well written. I liked how well it flowed and the pictures are very well drawn. I loved the surprise ending and I would recommend using this book with students.
Kaitlyn Lawrence
I really enjoyed this book because of the voice the characters had through dialogue. There was a surprise ending that was not expected and the story line was humorous. Students would really enjoy this book if the reader gave personality to their characters through voice and tone.
Joseph Pomatto
Sep 22, 2014 Joseph Pomatto rated it it was amazing
Great book a dad and his daughter are at the rodeo and it is them having s conversation. It is very easy to read
Jul 29, 2014 Benjamin rated it liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
Cute. All dialog with fun rhythms and heart.
Abby Ueding
This is the story of a girl going with her dad who is a professional bull rider and her excitement as he prepares for the ride as well as her emotions throughout the ride. This uses a lot of dialogue and is very entertaining.
This is a fun book to read when you give the character's voices. The book is about a child named Lucky Kidd goes to the rodeo with her dad. This is a great book to read when needing a mentor text for internal monologues or surprise endings in writing. This is also just a fun read aloud for entertainment as well.
Jennifer Fountain
I love using this book to show my students how dialogue is important to a story.
Whitney marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Rachel Rouleau
Rachel Rouleau rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2016
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Kiah Swanson
Kiah Swanson marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Robin marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Christie Angleton
Christie Angleton marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Kx marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Sol added it
Oct 19, 2015
Jenna Arntz
Jenna Arntz marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Bill Martin, Jr. (1916-2004) was an elementary-school principal, teacher, writer, and poet. His more than 300 books, among them the bestselling classics Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See; Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear; Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See; and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, are a testament to his ability to speak directly to children. Martin held a doctoral degree in early ...more
More about Bill Martin Jr....