Start by marking “Afterglow” as Want to Read:
Afterglow

Afterglow

What do Chelsea Lattimer and David Winter have in common? Aside from both being single, attractive and successful--absolutely nothing! She's an outspoken, free-spirited romance novelist. He's a physician, with a blue-blood pedigree and all the proper seriousness of his profession. But there is this incredible chemistry that won't go away. And when David decides to mold him ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published April 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Afterglow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Afterglow

Erin Forson
Jun 26, 2013 Erin Forson rated it did not like it
When David and Chelsea first meet, a hook up via their best friends, they despise one another, but that tension soon blossoms into something else--attraction.

Had I realized that this book was originally published in 1987 and contained all the slang and references to technology that go along with that age, I may have passed on it. I mean, I grew up in the 80s, but didn't realize how puritanical it was apparently. As it stands the book is littered with dated slang, unrealistic dialogue, unnatural
Meriba
May 18, 2013 Meriba rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Divertido para pasar el rato, la trama no es pretenciosa ni dramática. Lo mejor son los diálogos inteligentes y graciosos, y la interacción entre los dos protagonistas. Aunque la protagonista femenina a ratos sentía que era una desquiciada y a ratos la amaba. En definitiva no la típica novela romántica donde el héroe es un machote de grado 1 (entendaran cuando lo lean) ni la donde la chica este en apuros. Léelo si quieres algo sin apuros.

Lee más reseñas:

Lindsay
Jun 02, 2008 Lindsay rated it did not like it
Total crap. The hero (?) constantly makes sexist remarks and assumes that he makes more money than the heroine (in fact, he assumes she's near destitution or lives off her parents) despite the fact that she's a pretty successful novelist. The heroine chides him for these remarks, but does him anyway. Huh? Didn't finish it.
Liska De Freitas
Dec 27, 2011 Liska De Freitas rated it really liked it
Una historia sencilla sin muchas complicaciones que me encantó!!! Los personajes me hicieron reir y en ningun momento me aburrí de leerlo. Pienso que para el 2012 leeré algunos libros más de esta autora.
Amy
May 03, 2010 Amy rated it it was ok
I've read other books that she has written. This is not one I would recommend. It was a nightmare to get through. She had lots of dialog which made it hard to follow.
Hayley
Feb 21, 2011 Hayley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No-One
Shelves: dnf
Okay I really truly tried to read this book but I couldn't get into it whatsoever! The heroine, Chelsea, to me, was an annoying twit... So needless to say I couldn't finish.
Anita
Oct 17, 2012 Anita rated it liked it
A romance by the Queen of RS. Not as good as her other works, but this is an earlier work. You can sure see how Coulter has evolved as an author. The story of Chelsea and David, two people who have nothing in common is a fun read. You never know where they are going to do next. Chelsea is an Historical Romance (bodice ripper) author from California. David is an uptight, stuffed shirt, doctor from Boston. Friends set them up and at first it is oil and water. Chelsea wants a Mark I hero, macho man ...more
Bookabulary
Oct 11, 2013 Bookabulary rated it it was ok
Read the full review on Bookabulary.

All in all, there just wasn't enough chemistry between Chelsea and David in the book. I'm into too much McDreamy and McSteamy that any fictional doctors will always surely come up short in comparison. Maybe it was just the appearance of Elliot and George every so often that made me enjoy the book the first time around. I just might give this to an office mate who has been wanting to borrow a book from me for sometime now...and then just conveniently forget abo
M.A. Levi
Aug 09, 2011 M.A. Levi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Book was great. It was the perfect happy read. There was no Violence of battle or anything like that. This book is set in the modern times.It does have a naggy little woman, wonderful childern and true love that is followed with Passionate lovemaking scenes within the book. Wonderful, just wonderful :)
Jackie
Dec 13, 2012 Jackie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a book to avoid. Chelsea and David argue at the drop of a hat, for no real reasons I could discern. Likewise, they seemed to fall in love with each other, again for no real reason. And there's some painful attempts to make feminist arguments in favor of romance novels (the heroine is a romance writer), crashing against the shoals of your friendly average male sexism. Yuck.
Dawn
Aug 27, 2015 Dawn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern
Second book in a series and short. David is a doctor and is talked into a blind date with friend to meet Chelsea the romance novelist. David is real and likable, but Chelsea is all over the place. Her personality is extreme at both ends of the spectrum.
Joanne
Jan 02, 2015 Joanne rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-book-list
This book was especially awful. I wanted to read a romance set in San Francisco and even though this book gave me that, it did not make up for how bad the book was. The hero drugged the heroine and duped her into believe that she had married him. That's criminal!
Kem
Dec 25, 2014 Kem rated it liked it
Not a lot of meat in this one, but a fun read. When you really think about the dialog between these two lovers, and their friends, there is definite correlation with real life problems. Issues of compatibility, old fears not addressed, etc. it was a fast and fun read.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Chelsea Lattimer and David Winter are opposites it seems. This is short sweet romance showing how opposites attract. Enjoyable. Kind of stereotypical with the "free-spirit" serendipity girl and the "conservative" methodical man. Still, Ms. Coulter writes some sweet contemporary romances.
May 25, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
Let's see . . . I started it on May 24 after getting it on loan from the library and I finished it on May 25. I did sleep in there. :D

Quick read. Good book. Realistic characters.
Anais101
Feb 21, 2013 Anais101 added it
Shelves: romantica
algo en comun
Diah Didi
Jul 27, 2011 Diah Didi rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-the-cover, ebook
My very first of Catherine Coulter. Decided to read it merely because of the title and the cover. :))
Lesli
May 27, 2013 Lesli rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2006
Typical 80s contemporary romance. If you like CC, you might like this. All the dialogue and setting is dated (as can be expected).
Diane Wachter
Afterglow, Catherine Coulter, PB-B @ 1987, 7/06. Chelsea Lattimer a romance writer goes on a blind date with David Winter, a doctor, and chemistry takes over. Okay.
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 Meaghan rated it liked it
average story about a romance novel writer (how i ronic) and a doctor who fall in love.
Hirosasazaki Sasazaki
good read.
Sherilyn
Jul 19, 2011 Sherilyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: general-fiction
I kind of liked the story but quit reading it when the content got a little to graffic for my taste
Beverly Rousch
Feb 26, 2014 Beverly Rousch rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
So stale. Boring. Predictable. DRY. He called her ass her "bottom". He grabbed her bottom. I rolled my eyes so hard with this book.
Christy
Aug 24, 2010 Christy rated it liked it
giving one of my mom's favorite authors a try.. this one is a romance, and so far so good, good character development, the other one I read was a good suspense novel
Anne
Jun 25, 2014 Anne rated it it was ok
Stopped listening to this one 2 cds before the end. Just can't waste precious time.
Carol Anderson
Jul 25, 2013 Carol Anderson rated it really liked it
stand alone novel - good read
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
The reason I gave this book five stars was mostly due to its unique writing style who absolutely charmed me.
Carol
Jul 11, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
Short book... only took a day and a half to read. Light, romantic, fun.
Karen Mabus
Karen Mabus rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2014
Melissa Grignon
Melissa Grignon rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2013
  • Impulse
  • Marry Me (Reidsville, #2)
  • How to Trap a Tycoon
  • So This Is Love (The Mackinnons, #4)
  • Twin of Fire
  • Wild Sweet Wilderness (Missouri, #1)
  • Beauty And The Geek
  • Because I Stubbed My Toe
  • The Bridegroom (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • The Men of Medicine Ridge (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #1-2)
  • Full Bloom
  • Here to Stay (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #10)
  • Goddess Bared (Goddess Series, #5)
  • The Slug
  • Love Beyond Reason
  • Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters, #2)
  • The Baby Deal (Billionaires and Babies, #36)
  • Dying to Have Her (Soap Opera, #2)