Start by marking “Heavenly Places” as Want to Read:
Heavenly Places

Heavenly Places

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Walk Worthy Press, endorsed by T.D. Jakes, releases another compelling novel featuring Treva Langston who loses her high-powered job and must move back to her home town. Only God can help her start a new life in an all too familiar place!
Published March 1st 2008 by Walk Worthy Press

To ask other readers questions about Heavenly Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heavenly Places

Dionna Johnson
Jun 25, 2012 Dionna Johnson rated it did not like it
Picked it up because it seemed interesting considering I had read the author but after the first couple pages, I couldn't get with it.
Janna
Dec 27, 2008 Janna rated it it was amazing
I heard good things about this book and knew I needed to check it out for myself - what I found blew me away. Here we have a cast of characters that focuses on Treva, a wife and mother but mainly a career lawyer, who has her world pulled out from underneath her when they make a move for her husband's sake and she can't get her career going again. She is "forced" into a Bible study by her sister with 4 other women who she can't stand, barely tolerates being a mom and resents (and rightfully so) h ...more
Elaine
Jun 16, 2011 Elaine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Much of this book is about the nuances in shades of color, mostly browns. Mama was light-skinned and gave birth to two daughters who were both different shades, Mama Patsy preferring the lighter of the two, Jillian. The older and darker daughter, Treva gave birth to three daughters, each a different shade. And on and on it goes.

It's also about Treva looking for a position of stature as a high-powered attorney -- something that she can flaunt before her mother whom she calls by her first name, P
Ruth
Sep 03, 2008 Ruth rated it liked it
Have you ever tried to decide whether you liked a book or hated it? This is a book about an African-American wife of a college professor and mother of three daughters and how she moves from self-hate to seeing herself as God does. Most of this change comes through a Bible Study she is doing with a group of African-American, largely middle to upper middle class stay at home moms. They are studying Ephesians and much of the book is their discussion of the book and quotes from the study guide they ...more
Jasmine Jones
May 03, 2015 Jasmine Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life Changing!!!

This book is amazing, I can see some parallels between my mindset and Treva's. As I read through this book, it felt as though God was sharing with me, who I am to Him and that my value and worth stem from me being made in His image, not my outward appearance and possessions. I pray that I get an opportunity to join a group like the one in the book, where I can get with other sisters of the faith to encourage and push one another closer to Christ!
Joelle
Dec 16, 2008 Joelle rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful. The main character Treva is transformed through family, new friends and God. Awesome Christian fiction. I found it to be a real page turner.
Lee Ann
Feb 19, 2011 Lee Ann is currently reading it
I am currently reading this and really enjoy her as an author.
I hope she continues to write because I fly through her books.
Kim T.
Jun 23, 2012 Kim T. rated it it was amazing
Kim Cash Tate has an incredible ability to make it plain and make it real. I loved this book!
Leslie
Mar 10, 2009 Leslie rated it really liked it
Great book about knowing who you are in Christ. Deals with prejudices, racial issues, forgiveness.
Hope
Jul 06, 2011 Hope rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent. Wonderful debut for this author.
Steven
Jul 16, 2009 Steven rated it it was amazing
I'm glad my wife brought this novel to my attention. A compelling first novel by Kimberly Cash Tate. Both moving and insightful. A must read for men, if you want to know how to treat a woman. Kimberly's memoir, "More Christian than African American" is a must read.
Nell Bennett
Nell Bennett marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Khadijah
Khadijah marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Jennifer Hightower
Jennifer Hightower marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Gloriana Smith
Gloriana Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Stacey
Stacey added it
Jan 25, 2016
Trina Franklin
Trina Franklin rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Shaunte
Shaunte rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Zoraya Lara
Zoraya Lara rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
 Mz Airy
Mz Airy marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Elaine McGee
Elaine McGee rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Samantha Pointer
Samantha Pointer marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Fhughes
Fhughes rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015