Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: The Paper Test, with Answer Key

Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: The Paper Test, with Answer Key

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In the Student Book: *Complete language skills instruction for skills tested on both the TOEFL(R) paper test and the Test of Written English. *Longer reading passages that reflect the latest testing format. Diagnostic pre-tests and evaluationpost-tests for each section that allow students to identify their strengths and weaknesses. *Practice exercises for each of the langu...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Pearson Education ESL

To ask other readers questions about Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test

BDH.
long said short: a good book
provides efficient practice for the TOEFL PBT in some aspect more than others:

section1-listening: this book gives A LOT of examples (in the practice CDs) which was more than enough for me. But some skills actually made solving the Qs even harder for me, so I ignored them totally.

section2-structure and written expressions: the skills are given in relatively simple and comprehensible way.

section3-reding comprehension: somewhat long and boring, but so is the section in t...more
Sebah
Useful book for a TOEFL preparation course. Used it this semester for the first time to teach my students. What's special about this book is that there is already a lot of material available online to go with it (prepared by other teachers).

I didn't solely depend on it, however. I consulted other references to provide my students with more practice on each skill.
Riza Munandar
good.. The book I ever found
Nurull
May 09, 2014 Nurull marked it as to-read
i think that is my necessary
Quỳnh Anh
Good book
Salma Al Rayes
The book has many detailed skills needed in order to pass this stupid exam (listening , structure , and writing) ,good luck students out there . if you need short consied skills you may also try ARCO incase you don't have much time.
Maii
الكتاب كويس في انه بيخليك مش محتاج للكورس ..كأن مدرس معاك
بس الحقيقة الإمتحان كان مستواه اصعب .ومحتاج تدريب أكتر من الشرح
Mohamed Sufyan Islim
Good preparation book, Although it's not enough to earn a good score. I suggest solving previous TOEFL exams after studying this book.
Gin Bui
this is the best book for anyone who want to get high core in toelf test
Amal
Sep 09, 2012 Amal added it
i think this will help me get my toefl certificate
Ahmad Yousef
Ahmad Yousef marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Shiho Kurogi
Shiho Kurogi marked it as to-read
Mai Ahmed
Mai Ahmed marked it as to-read
Duyen Ha
Duyen Ha marked it as to-read
Yunita
Yunita marked it as to-read
Braa
Braa marked it as to-read
Luis
Luis marked it as to-read
Caro
Caro marked it as to-read
Sally Akkad
Sally Akkad marked it as to-read
Duyen Lagu
Duyen Lagu marked it as to-read
Eduardo Amaya
Eduardo Amaya marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Asma
Asma added it
Sep 10, 2014
Israa
Israa marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
  • Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching (Cambridge Language Teaching Library)
  • 504 Absolutely Essential Words
  • Who Speaks For Islam?: What a Billion Muslims Really Think
  • Head First SQL: Your Brain on SQL -- A Learner's Guide
  • Everything I Learned in Medical School: Besides All the Book Stuff
  • أيها المحلفون: الله.. لا الملك
  • The Ruby Way: Solutions and Techniques in Ruby Programming (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
  • مع ناجي ومعها
  • الكتابة عمل انقلابي
  • الفقيه الفضائي
  • الإسلام والفن
  • الرزق
Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test Longman Complete Course for the TOEFL Test: Preparation for the Computer and Paper Tests (Student Book + CD-ROM with Answer Key) Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: Student Book and CD-ROM with Answer Key: The Next Generation Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFL Test, the Paper Test: Without Answer Key Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL(R) Test: Next Generation (iBT) with Answer Key without CD-ROM