Start by marking “First Match (Coded for Love, #6)” as Want to Read:
First Match (Coded for Love, #6)

First Match (Coded for Love #6)

If you like Rebecca Zanetti’s military romantic suspense, you’ll love the Coded for Love series by Lynne Silver!

The Program: an organization of elite soldiers with superior strength, agility, and intellect. These men put their lives on the line to execute the government’s most dangerous missions.

Growing up on the Program campus, Peter Shepard always knew he’d become a sold
ebook
Published May 2nd 2016 by Smashwords Edition (first published September 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about First Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Match

Sissy's Romance Book Review For You
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
'First Match' by Lynne Silver is book six in the "Coded for Love Book" series. This can be a standalone book but it will reference some of the previous books. Also this book is about 70 pages so it will be a quick read. This is the story of Peter Shepard and Allison Macclesfield.
Peter was born and raised on the military compound and his protective parents and commander didn't want him to leave the base. But
~Mindy~
First Match is book 6, however it goes back in time to the very first enhanced soldier match. This is the commander Shep's story when he was just 20 years old. This is a very short novella. This one made me a little sad. Shep, being the first enhanced soldier didn't have a great life. It sounded more like he was a prisoner and then when he meets his match, Allison, he has a very short time with her. She's only 18 and wants to be a famous singer. Shep, being the honorable man that he is, didn't ...more
The Romance Evangelist
A copy of this book was provided to The Romance Evangelist by the author in exchange for an honest review.

FIRST MATCH is the latest entry in Lynne Silver’s excellent Coded For Love series, and one I’ve been looking forward to reading. It’s essentially the story of a young man looking for his first real world experience outside the closed-off environment where he was raised, and the young woman ready to show him everything he’s been missing. But as a prequel to the entire series, it also fills in
Dawn
Jul 11, 2016 Dawn rated it liked it
It's nice to get a look at Shep's life and match. This brief story gives a look into how the program progressed through the 10 years since he was a young soldier and then became commander.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Karen Roma
For those you have followed the Coded For Love series, I'm sure many have wanted to know more about the man who oversees it all; Shep. A domineering leader who commands obedience and loyalty from his men, Shep often appears cold and ruthless when making decisions about what's best for the Program and it's inhabitants.

But it all had to start somewhere, and I have frequently wondered if Shep's tough persona and his determination to see his soldiers mated, was due to his own inherent loneliness. So
Tanya Johnson
Sep 16, 2014 Tanya Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading about Shep and his story. Being the first genetically created man in The Program, Shep is the one they look too when they want to see what happens during certain scenarios. Never leaving the "base", Shep wants to go out and be "normal" and that is when he meets Allison. Sparks fly instantly but when she is brought in because of being a perfect match to Shep, he can't let her give up her dreams to be with him. Ten years later, their love for each other never has faltered.

This w
Russty Thaggard
Oct 25, 2016 Russty Thaggard rated it liked it
This is a NetGalley offering; given in exchange for a fair and honest review...

Interesting erotic entry... military unit composed of "genetic" soldiers and their adventures, while on the look-out for their "matches", in pursuit of more "perfect" soldiers...
DelAnne Frazee
May 10, 2016 DelAnne Frazee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
ASIN: B01F2AQY5W
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
My Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

Did you ever wonder how Sh
Angel Hatfield
May 14, 2016 Angel Hatfield rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peter was twenty years old and was at his first rock concert. But with his enhanced hearing he wasn’t really enjoying himself. Peter had been bred to defend his country , he was an enhanced soldier. He had also begged to be let off campus so he could learn about his country.s culture first hand. Then two girls offered him some cannabis. He could not admit he was from a secret military base so he had a cover story that he was a son of farmers in rural Virginia and it would cover why he was so ...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

First Match marks my first time reading a book from Lynne Silver’s Coded for Love Series. Oh my gosh. My heart was breaking and I was crying. I simply fell in love with these two characters.

Peter Shepard is the first of his generation. He’s the product of his parents who were a perfect DNA match to breed a genetically superior soldier, with a little scientific help. At the age of 20, he finally gets to leave his military based home and go out into
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads Netgalley ARC Review:

Totally different then the previous Coded For Love stories, this one is still as highly enjoyable, sexy, edgy, and delicious with plenty of action, and sizzling romance. First Match is maybe even more unique because our hero, Peter wasn't in the Compound when he found his match, but he had left to explore the world before going into training and that is how he found his match. Allison is a beautiful woman who is chasing after her dreams. Peter is a han
Lynde Shaw
Oct 09, 2014 Lynde Shaw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***** I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review*****
Having already read the rest of the books in the series, I already knew what type of man Shep was as a commanding officer, so I enjoyed reading about his early years as the first genetically enhanced soldier. Having grown up almost "cloistered" in a US government military compound whose true purpose is unknown to the American public, Shep was extremely innocent and naive about things. Allison was the perfect match to
Tracie Runge
May 07, 2016 Tracie Runge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgally
First Match is a great addition to the Coded for Love series.

10 years ago Peter Shepard said goodbye to the woman that meant everything to him. He knew he needed to set her free, but he never truly let her go he just watched her blossom for afar.

Allison Macclesfield always wanted to be a singer but before she left for the bright lights of New York she crossed paths with a man that would capture her heart. But when secrets were reveals the truth would send them on very different paths.

Enough ti
Tracie Runge
May 07, 2016 Tracie Runge rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
First Match is a great addition to the Coded for Love series.

Enough ti
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
First Match is another short story in the series. Because of that I'm not going to say much since there isn't exactly a lot to review.

This book tells the story of Shep meeting his match. It was a sweet read and a nice bonus, but like with most short stories it didn't create much of a connection. Since Shep features in all of the books you feel like you know him already, though. This meant that some of the blanks were filled in and this was a good add on.

Overall, it's not the best in the series b
Melissa
I really loved this story. It was well written with great developed characters. I fell in love with Peter and Allison. Emotional packed love story!
This story had:
True Love
Dreams
Insecurities
Making sacrifices

I can not wait to read the rest of this series. I wished this book was longer than what it was.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa
Connie
Jun 12, 2016 Connie rated it liked it
3.5 Stars! Short read that tells where it started in the beginning. Probably my least favorite in the series since I spend part of the time sad when reading it. Shep was part of the Program but Allison wasn’t. Duty calls and circumstances drove them apart. Ten years people, ten years apart though the connection was still there. Overall an enjoyable read. Received an ARC copy from Netgalley for a honest review.
Shelly
May 25, 2016 Shelly rated it really liked it
As I was reading the Coded for Love series Shep has been a main character in all the books thus far. So reading about him was enlightening. Was a great book to read and get more background into the cold, standoffish Shep.

Being the first genetically created man in The Program, Shep is looking to get out in the real world and when he meets the lovely, energized Allison sparks fly, but being apart of The Program may not work out in their favor for love.
Carlene Love
Sep 23, 2014 Carlene Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a Coded for Love devotee, I love that Ms. Silver decided to gift her readers with Shep's story! He's been one of those characters where you just know he must have gone through a lot to end up the way he is in the rest of the books. Now I know why and I have to say, there is a new soft spot for Shep in my heart. Perfect that it begins in the 80's. Anyone familiar with that decade will enjoy the nostalgia. Definitely recommend this one.
Laura Greenwood
This is a short review and will not appear on my blog.

First Match was the back story to Commander Shep (and his match Allison). It was sweet seeing how the two of them got together and how things ended up the way they are for the current generation of soilders. This was definitely a good backstory for the series!
Tammy
May 26, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it
Peter grew up on the Program campus, his future mapped out for him as a soldier, before he begins basic training he decides to sample the outside world. He meets Allison and the attraction is instant. Their futures have very different paths, will love find a way? This is a fast paced read with a great story and excellent characters. A great addition to this series.
Sherri Malia
May 14, 2015 Sherri Malia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding your first true love
Love, dreams, insecurity …it’s all here. I enjoyed learning how to have that love with someone, coupled with finding that love while doing so outside you secure and secluded environment. And then watching them grow and watching how Peter became the man he is now. Allison & Peter…the perfect couple…and yes there were some tears!!!
Sara
May 20, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Match was a quick, but emotion packed read. It tells the story of Shep and Allison, their whirlwind romance, the challenges they face and of course their HEA. I think that there was perhaps a little room for developing the in between years, but overall this was a great story!
JoAnne
May 18, 2015 JoAnne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be prepared to go on an emotional ride as you fall in love with the characters and share their journey of following their dreams, dealing with making sacrifices, and finding love. A great love story by a great author.
Erin OBrien
Jun 18, 2016 Erin OBrien rated it it was amazing
We finally get to hear the story of Peter and how he finds his match. The first match for the Program.
A great novella!
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Harper Kincaid
Harper Kincaid rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Jessica  Pestka
Jessica Pestka rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Tammy Shanks
Tammy Shanks rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Some Like It Hot!: FREE Contemporary romance! 1 23 Oct 20, 2014 07:08AM
Some Like It Hot!: New Adult- First Match Reviews wanted 1 22 Sep 23, 2014 10:23AM
  • Private Politics (The Easy Part, #2)
  • On the Way Home
  • The Submission Gift (LA Doms, #2)
  • Lost In You
  • Never Say Never: Tips, Tricks, and Erotic Inspiration for Lovers
  • Swept Away Volume Three (Swept Away #3)
  • Best Erotic Romance 2014
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Never Let You Down
  • Chains and Canes (Club Devant, #2)
  • Chasing Kings
  • Restless Spirits
  • Master of Pleasure (School of Gallantry, #5)
  • The Bodyguards' Princess
  • An Indecent Proposition (Indecent, #1-5)
  • Hidden Paradise
  • What Escapes (The Fetish Box, #2)
  • Power Trip (Double Helix, #1)
Award-winning author Lynne Silver lives the life of a suburban soccer mom, volunteering with the PTA, doing laundry and working. By night she enters the sensuous world of alpha males and passionate heroines.

She lives in an old fixer-upper with her husband and their two sons. When not writing romance, she reads it. Lots of it. Over and over and over again, preferably with a bag of M&Ms in hand.
More about Lynne Silver...

Coded for Love (6 books)
  • Heated Match (Coded for Love, #1)
  • False Match (Coded for Love, #2)
  • Conquered Match (Coded for Love, #3)
  • Desire Unmatched (Coded For Love, #4)
  • Desperate Match (Coded for Love, #5)