Start by marking “Desperate Match (Coded for Love, #5)” as Want to Read:
Desperate Match (Coded for Love, #5)

Desperate Match (Coded for Love #5)

If you like Rebecca Zanetti’s military romantic suspense, you’ll love the Coded for Love series by Lynne Silver!

The Program: an organization of elite soldiers with superior strength, agility, and intellect. These men put their lives on the line to execute the government’s most dangerous missions.

With no money, no job, and no friends, Jill Thompson has little hope of escap
Published May 1st 2016 by Beyond the Page (first published March 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Desperate Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperate Match

Sissy's Romance Book Review For You
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
'Desperate Match' by Lynne Silver is book five in the "Coded for Love Book " series. This is the story of Jill Thompson and Rowan Blacker. This is a standalone book but it does reference some of the other books.
Jill has been married to her abusive husband for about six years. Jill starts to work out a plan to get away from him by joining 'The Program' of elite soldiers who were built generically to be strong
Raine
NetGalley Review
****ARC provided by Beyond the Page Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.****

I really enjoyed reading this book! I didn't read it in order and did feel a little lost since some of the events mentioned in this book happened in previous books, but I felt that I was able to follow along with the story without being lost too much, though I would recommend reading this in order.

Initially I wasn't sure how I felt that the heroine, Jill, was already married for most of the book in
The Romance Evangelist

A copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review at The Romance Evangelist.

This review contains spoilers for previous books in the Coded For Love series. You can read DESPERATE MATCH as a stand-alone, but I think you’ll enjoy it more if you have read the entire series.

DESPERATE MATCH is Lynne Silver’s fifth Coded For Love book, and the first to be self-published (all previous books were released by Ellora’s Cave). Although I have enjoyed the entire series, I have to s
Nicole
I received this book from the author and the Some Like It Hot group in exchange for a honest review.

My Thoughts: Loved this book! It featured my favorite theme - the abused heroine. Even through I had not read the previous books in the series, I was not lost. I also liked all the secondary characters and will check out the other books in the series.

The Hero: He was a sweetheart, but also had a tough side. He was caring and considerate with the heroine at all times. He never took undue advantage
Dawn
Jul 10, 2016 Dawn rated it really liked it
This is really a good book. Rowan is finally feeling like he belongs somewhere and is settling in. Jill is desperate to get out of her abusive marriage and has risked everything to be a match so that she can be protected. They are a match but she hasn't thought much further than that and when they first meet it isn't like the others. He catches her look at his stub that is his right arm, she is petrified and Rowan picks up on in and doesn't understand until she turns around and he sees all the ...more
~Mindy~
Nov 04, 2016 ~Mindy~ rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book in the series but my second book I have read in the series. I did like book 4 better, but this book had a heroine, Jill, that came from an abusive home, so I understand why the story was a bit slower. The author needed to show how Rowan helped Jill to heal before they could truly build their relationship as a couple. The other unique part of this story was that Rowan, an enhanced soldier, was born with a birth defect so he had his own issues he was dealing with. Having so ...more
Che-che
Jun 06, 2014 Che-che rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for my review...

Wow, let me first start off with WOW. In this story we are introduced to Jill who is in an horrible marriage and Rowan an enhanced solider with a handicap(no this handicap does not take away from his HOTNESS)

Jill was so beat down it was so sweet to read how Rowan went about protecting her even though he wanted a mate who was sexy fun and not afraid. There story was beautiful because it was not easy for either one of them but I was pulling for them
Cheryl Z
Dec 27, 2014 Cheryl Z rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, botb-2014
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

While I've never read anything by this author. The blurb is what drew me in.

I really enjoyed the plot of how both characters were both wounded but in different ways. I loved that they took the time to build a stable and loving relationship. I think Jill was a character any woman can relate to. The fact that she stood up to her abusive husband hopefully help other women who are going through a similar situation. Rowan was such a joy to read abou
namericanwordcat
This is the first book I have read in this series. I like Sliver's writing a lot and was looking forward to reading this book about an imperfect Super Solider and his fated mate who was recovering from abuse.

The book has lots of things in common with The New Species Series which isn't a bad thing but also seems to suffer from the same plot limitations and cliches.

The writing was rough and the romance suffered sadly from lack of communication. It had promise.
Russty Thaggard
This is a NetGalley offering; given in exchange for a fair and honest review...

Interesting erotic entry... military unit composed of "genetic" soldiers and their adventures, while on the look-out for their "matches", in pursuit of more "perfect" soldiers...
Robin
Nov 07, 2014 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I should probably begin this review with the confession that I am a sucker for a damsel in distress who is rescued and saved by her perfect man. So when I was offered the opportunity to read Desperate Match by Lynne Silver, I jumped at the chance. I m so glad that I did because this book had everything I could want in my romance story. This is the first book tha
Jody
Apr 16, 2014 Jody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynne Silver's Coded for Love series continues with this intense read that deals with two scarred souls who are told they're perfect for each other but must discover that for themselves. Whereas the previous installments dug deep into The Program itself and the evil machinations of traitorous villains, this one takes us on a more personal journey where love helps heal old hurts and makes them stronger than they both ever knew.

Jill suffered bruises, unrelenting fear, and a burying of her self-con
Laura Greenwood

Title: Desperate Match
Series: Coded for Love (#5)
Author: Lynne Silver
From: Netgalley
Genre: Thriller
Release Date: 1st May
Challenges: Can You Read a Series in a Month?, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): The Program: an organization of elite soldiers with superior strength, agility, and intellect. These m
Kirke
Apr 18, 2014 Kirke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, soldier
What first got my attention was the plot. A woman running away from an abusive relationship into the arms of a super soldier. Of course I wanted to read that. The fact I haven't read the other books in the series is no problem to be able to follow the story. Though I will be reading the other ones too.

Right out of high school Jill got married to her boyfriend Jack and now six years later she's only a shadow of herself. After years of living under his tyranny, Jill doesn't know how much more she
DelAnne Frazee
May 10, 2016 DelAnne Frazee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed For: NetGalley
My Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

Rowan Blacker is the n
Cocktails and Books
This had a pretty interesting plot: a woman who if the victim of domestic violence seeks to match herself to a genetically engineered soldier in hopes of escaping her husband. I even like the added twist that the soldier the heroine was matched with had a birth defect. It was a nicely paced read and I didn't need to read the other books in the series to be caught up in what was happening.

Jill had been married to her high school sweetheart, Jack for six years. She had become a shell of the girl s
Kristina
Aug 17, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads and quickly became a fan of Lynne Silver.

Lynne expertly portrays troubled, tormented characters that try to put the past behind them and open themselves to new love and new friendships. Rowan is a man struggling to fit in, no longer allowing his disability to hinder him. Jill is a young, insecure woman who has only been with one man, her husband, Jack, who repeatedly abuses her. But when she escapes to The Program to be a genetically selected matc
Kristina
May 17, 2016 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Angel Hatfield
May 14, 2016 Angel Hatfield rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jill was late getting home, her husband Jack of six years was home before her.Jill wasn’t sure how things would go . Jill had been at the library to set up an email address. Even though Jack taunted her and called her college girl she had never went to college she had the grades but married him right after high school. Now in a desperate attempt to be free of Jack, Jill used the computer at the library to sign up for a program that had to do with super soldiers and finding their match through ...more
Sara
Desperate Match was a book that I liked overall. As far as classification, it's contemporary romance with elements of military romance as well. What I will say is that there were some steamy moments, but the part of the book that drew me in were the characters - Rowan and Jill. Jill is in an abusive relationship, and when an opportunity to flee her husband presents itself in the form of being a possible Match for a soldier at The Program, a governmental run base, she takes it.

From the beginning
Teresa
May 21, 2016 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a copy of this book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review**

Desperate Match is book 5 of the Coded For Love Series by Lynne Silver. It can be read as a stand alone but I highly recommend that you read them in order to meet the entire team of men from the program.

Rowan Blacker has decided to throw his hat into find a match even though he's a new addition to the team, he's Adam's brother who has been training him for quite awhile. He does wonder if not having an arm will tur
Karen Roma
The stories of the men and women who live their lives under constantly scrutiny, and the speculation about their secretive existence, have become must read favourites and seriously addictive too.

Rowan is unique to the Program, due to his less than perfect physical appearance. Back in the early days, no one wanted to admit that a Program soldier could produce a disabled child and fearing for her child’s safety,Rowan's mother fled the compound, never to return.

But many years later, Rowan is reunit
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
Yay! Rowan got a book.

Since book 2 I thought Rowan was an interesting character. He had a fun personality and I liked the way he was able to joke about his own disability. The fact that he feels insecure in his place in the Program only made him more interesting as I wanted him to fit in and feel liked he belonged.

I think this book and Xander's stories are my favourites in the series. I feel the author has developed her writing over the course of the six books and that they've only got better as
Amanda Masters
Awesome Series! I love these stories! Lynne is an amazing author and each and everyone of her stories is unique and full of love and passion. this one touched my heart again and again as Jill and Rowan found love in one another and the strength that all couples aspire to be.

Jill knew it was only a matter of time before her bastard of a husband killed her in one of his rages. 6 years of marriage and the beatings have only gotten worse not better. When Jill learns of the Program Solders and the br
Lisa
Apr 17, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-digital
Desperate Match by Lynne Silver is the fifth book in her Coded For Love series.

I felt a little out of my element when I realized this was the fifth book in a series, but found that it wasn't a hinderance to have NOT read the previous books. I'm sure it's better to have read the previous books, but it wasn't a hinderance.

The plot was very different from anything I've read before. An abused wife secretly volunteers to be a mate for a genetically engineered soldier. Except genetically engineered s
Roxie's Reviews
Feb 01, 2015 Roxie's Reviews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A way out"
This is remarkable!. The story line is amazing!. The characters are awesome!. Jill is an abused wife. Then one day she see's a news report about a military program called "The Program' the program was looking for women to be matches for their genetically enhanced soldiers. Jill see's this as a way out!. She knows she has to go for it. Jill had lived to long with her husband Jacks abuse. By all the tests the program run's Jill is the perfect match for Rowan. Rowan Blacker is one of th
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads Netgalley ARC Review:

Desperate Match is MOST ASSUREDLY my favorite one so far in this series. I FREAKING LOVED LOVED LOVED Rowan! Even with one arm, he was the most heroic, sexy, protective of the soldiers and is my favorite hero and definitely my new book boyfriend. I loved how he was with Jill. Sweet, kind, caring, and protective of her, he truly is the kind of man that any woman would want.

Jill is strong in her own way. Bruised, scared and desperate to escape her husban
Melissa
I love this series. With each book from page 1, I was drawn into the lives' of the main characters. With each book, I fell in love with the entire community of enhanced soldiers and their ladies.

Jill ran from her abusive husband to the only place where she knew it would be safe....The Program. Now with her match, Rowan, wants to help her and give her the time she needs to heal from the abuse she experienced from her husband, Jack, who is a snake.

I love series. Getting to read about previous cha
Shelly
May 18, 2016 Shelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jill is in a desperate state with an abusive husband and the program might just be her pray answered if she is a match. But when she arrives she may not be welcomed or a match by the handsome Rowan.

Rowan is one of the newest members of the program and is trying to find his fit and show everyone that his handicapped are not hindering him in any way. When Jill comes on campus and looks beaten and worn down. Even though they are a match the sparks don’t fly like they thought they would but they bot
Tammy
May 23, 2016 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rowan is the newest member of the program, a group of elite soldiers with superior strength, agility and intellect. He wants a match but it unsure anyone will want him because he is missing an arm. Jill decides to enter her name in for a match as a way to escape her abusive husband. Rowan knows that Jill is turned off when she see he is missing an arm but knows he must protect her from her abusive husband. Unfortunately Jill’s husband won’t go away quietly. Great read. This is a fast paced story ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Finding Grace
  • A Promise of Love
  • How to Seduce a Bride (Botany Bay, #4)
  • The Loving Trap
  • The Marriage Surrender
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • The Wedding Vow
  • Candra's Freedom (The Golden Key Chronicles #2)
  • Midnight Enchantment (Midnight, #4)
  • The Sea King
  • Lumber and Lace
  • Tempted by Your Touch (Brides of the Bloodstone, #1)
  • Just This Once
  • A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness, #1)
  • The Heiress (Bride Quest, #3)
  • Holding Out For Skye
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • Till Death and Beyond (Witch World, #1)
Award-winning author Lynne Silver lives the life of a suburban soccer mom, volunteering with the PTA, doing laundry and working. By night she enters the sensuous world of alpha males and passionate heroines.

She lives in an old fixer-upper with her husband and their two sons. When not writing romance, she reads it. Lots of it. Over and over and over again, preferably with a bag of M&Ms in hand.
More about Lynne Silver...

Coded for Love (6 books)
  • Heated Match (Coded for Love, #1)
  • False Match (Coded for Love, #2)
  • Conquered Match (Coded for Love, #3)
  • Desire Unmatched (Coded For Love, #4)
  • First Match (Coded for Love, #6)

“Uh, Jill?” Rowan interrupted. He stood in the bathroom doorway. His pants were on, but a crisp white shirt hung open, revealing his taut abdominal muscles. “Can you button my shirt? I can do it, but—”

“Sure.” Jill didn’t let him finish. He had no need to be embarrassed. Most of the time, she forgot Rowan operated with a big handicap. He was so strong and capable; it was hard to think of him not being good at anything. She stepped over to him, and found the first button, starting with the top.

“Get the very top one,” he said. “I’m wearing a tie. And I’ll need your help with that too if you know how to tie a tie.”

“No problem.” She shut her mouth and concentrated on closing his buttons without running her fingers against his skin. She was on button number four when her vision started wavering from arousal. The steamy heat of the bathroom and Rowan’s nearness made her whole body tighten with need. She wasn’t alone feeling it. As she hit the final bottom button, it was impossible to miss his erection jutting from his unbuttoned dress pants. She said nothing but stepped back when she finished.

“Thanks,” he said, and started to turn away to tuck his shirt in.

Something crazy inside her dared her to step forward and reach for his zipper. There was shocked silence from both of them. “I’ll tuck you in,” she murmured. Only the sound of them breathing could be heard as she carefully lowered his zipper and pushed the white dress shirt into his trousers. Her palm rubbed his body with each tuck. She started at her right, his left, and worked her away around until she came to the front.

“I’ll do that,” he said in a strangled voice.

She met his gaze for the first time. “Let me?”

He didn’t answer but dropped his arm and stood passively letting her caress his cock under the guise of tucking his shirt. His body swelled under her hand, and she wanted to squeeze him and reach behind the elastic of his underwear to feel his hot flesh.

“Jill.”

“Mm?”

“You have to stop.”

She froze with her hand in place. His arousal pulsed against her hand. “I’m sorry.” She yanked her hand free and tried to turn away, but he spun her back and pinned her against the sink counter with a fierce kiss. She welcomed his body, pushing back against him, undulating against his hips which sought hers. The kiss overwhelmed her and she strained to capture more of his mouth, more of his body. She forgot where she was and where they were going. Anything he asked for, she was ready to give.

And then he pulled back. Cold air slapped at her front where he’d warmed her. “Brother’s wedding,” he muttered. “Can’t miss it.”

He helped her off the sink, and in a daze she turned to the mirror to fix her hair and makeup.

“Got your lipstick on me,” Rowan said. She looked in the mirror at his reflection. “I like it.” A pink stain was smudged on one side of his lips. Lips she wanted to keep kissing. “Let’s get my tie, then we gotta go.”
0 likes
“His words caused a rush of heat in her already damp passage. Yeah, she was ready, but it was too fast. They had all night, and she wanted to take advantage.

“Too soon,” she whispered, and moved her lower body out of his reach.

“Jill,” he warned. “I’m close. You want me in you, then don’t make me come.”

She didn’t answer, and instead lowered her mouth to swallow as much of his penis as she could fit.

“Urgh,” Rowan made an incomprehensible noise, and she suddenly found herself on her back with him looming over her. “It’s my turn to dare you. Ready?” He held her down, with his knees on her thighs and his one arm pressed against her shoulder. She could try to overpower him, but it wouldn’t work. He was stronger. And that’s when it hit her how far she’d come under Rowan’s love and care. She’d never dreamed a man could hold her down, and not only wouldn’t it scare her; it aroused her. Because she liked feeling him dominate her.

“Dare me,” she said.

“It’s not going to be easy,” he warned. “I’m still a little pissed you ran from me, and I had to chase you down. We could’ve had our orgasms and been sleeping in our own bed already.”

“I’m sorry,” she said.

“Don’t feel too bad. I got a hotel room with my nearly naked girl. Life is good.”

They smiled at each other. “Take off your jeans,” he ordered.

“Is that the dare?” she teased, “because that’s easy. I’ve been doing it since kindergarten.”

“Smart ass,” he muttered, but it was obvious he was distracted by her shimmying out of her worn jeans.

“Naked ass,” she corrected and shook it at him while on her hands and knees.

“Yep.” He gave it a sharp spank, and her head whirled around to stare at him in shock. She’d been hit on nearly every body part by Jack, and every punch and slap caused humiliation and pain, but when Rowan spanked her, she wanted to arch back and demand more.

“You okay?” he asked, clearly attuned to her stunned surprise.

She nodded and remained on all fours. “What’s the dare?” she asked, expecting a demand to get on her knees and open wide or on her back and spread her legs. Therefore she was stunned at his challenge.

“I dare you to try to run from me again.” He lay back against the headboard and watched her reaction.

It took her three seconds to catch on and another second to be off the bed, springing naked to the door. He’d better catch her before she made it to the hallway. She didn’t want to get kicked out of her hotel stay.

Bam! Her hand was reaching for the doorknob, when Rowan’s big body slammed into her from behind, pressing her breasts against the wood of the door. His hand gripped one wrist and held it above their heads against the door. Her right hand shimmied out from between their bodies to try to free herself, but he managed to grab that too and bound both her wrists in his left hand, holding them captive above her head.

“Get on your toes,” he growled in her ear.

As she rose onto tippy–toes, every inch of his erection slid along her lower back and down the crease of her ass until it bobbed between her legs. She adjusted her stance so the head of his penis probed at her entrance. His hips shifted and he was embedded deep inside. With this angle, she felt full to bursting and every nerve ending touched a part of his body. He overwhelmed her, crushing her front to the door, and pressing his chest to her back. The wood of the door felt scratchy against her cheek, and her toes felt as though they might fly off the ground entirely as he thrust upward.

“Move with me. I dare you,” he said in his deep voice against her right ear.

“It’s my turn to dare,” she said and gasped on a deep thrust.

“Go for it,” he grunted and continued thrusting.

“I dare you to make me come,” she said.”
0 likes