Start by marking “Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil: An Adventure taking Characters From 4th to 14th Level (Dungeons & Dragons Adventure)” as Want to Read:

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"The Temple of Elemental Evil" is one of the most well-remembered adventure series from the early days of the "Dungeons & Dragons" roleplaying game. Now, veteran designer Monte Cook revisits this legendary setting in an all-new adventure written for the" D&D(r)" game. Players will enjoy countless hours of play as they race against an evil band of priests attempting ...more
Published June 1st 2001 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Dan
Jun 24, 2014 Dan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: signal
This was fun but it required heavy editing to be a playable adventure. The early bits were sort of missing a motive for the cultists to be poking around at the moathouse; with my group we improvised that they were retrieving the lost Water Orb. The later bits climbed too high in difficulty, too quickly. I tried to roll with it by handing out extra experience, but really a better solution would have been to rewrite and decrease the level of the later stuff.
Psychophant
This was the first adventure I got for the then new 3rd Edition D&D game. I had not played the original 1st Edition module, but as many others I made some early forays into the Moathouse in the early 80s.

This is an excellent module both by its scope, filling a whole campaign, and by its detail, requiring minimal work to make it playable. It also recovers the adventure spirit of the 80s, as intended, but that also becomes its main weakness, being concerned more with the evil guys hierarchy an
Caleb Wachter
I'm glad I bought this, but I've never actually run anyone through it. There's good material here, but as I read and re-read this clearly well-designed and detailed module, I kind of got the feeling like one does when watching fifty year old movies and not quite appreciating what everyone else purports to see in them. In the end, I chalked it up to a case of 'You had to be there to understand.'

Still, as I said I am glad that I bought this book, but I don't foresee using more than snippets in my
Dunx
Dunx added it
May 12, 2015
Zach
Zach added it
Mar 15, 2015
Mortimer
Mortimer marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Zheena
Zheena marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The game designer
Monte Cook started working professionally in the game industry in 1988. In the employ of Iron Crown Enterprises, he worked with the Rolemaster and Champions games as an editor, developer, and designer. In 1994, Monte came to TSR, Inc., as a game designer and wrote for the Planescape and core D&D lines. When that company was purchased by Wizards of the Coast, he moved to the
More about Monte Cook...
Dungeon Master's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons v.3.5) Book of Vile Darkness: Dungeons & Dragons Accessory Call of Cthulhu D20 Roleplaying Game Numenera Corebook The Glass Prison (Forgotten Realms)