Start by marking “Poppleton Forever” as Want to Read:
Poppleton Forever

Poppleton Forever (Poppleton)

In three charming new stories, Poppleton the pig gets help from his friends when his new tree begins to wilt; when he catches a cold; and later, when he decides to wallpaper his house. Learning is great for Poppleton, but it's much better when it's done with friends.
Published August 1st 1998 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Poppleton Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poppleton Forever

J.
Feb 27, 2017 J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 6-8, reader, hp, ar
AR Quiz No. 25093 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.5 - AR Pts: 0.5
Anna Summers
Poppleton Forever is the fourth book in Cynthia Rylant’s Poppleton series. The book contains three short stories. The first story is Poppleton and his friend, Cherry Sue, trying to help make Poppleton’s sick tree better. The second story is Cherry Sue helping Poppleton feel better when he is sick with a cold. The third story is where Poppleton gets frustrated with his friends while they are hanging wallpaper. At the end of the story, Poppleton is ashamed for getting upset with his friends and re ...more
Neely
The Brothers
Three stories about Poppleton and his friends.

Poppleton plants a tree and does everything right to help it thrive, but it still withers. It's only when someone suggests he hang a bird feeder on it does the tree come back to life.

Poppleton has a cold and he friend brings him some oranges. Every time he peels one, he sneezes and sends the orange into an odd place. Then his friend shows up with some eggs to help him feel better.

Poppleton is trying to put wallpaper in his kitchen with the help of h
Jul 17, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: walts-reading
WALT Nelson and I found this series at the library this summer. I am a huge Cynthia Rylant fan (my favorite children's book of all time is "The Relatives Came") so we checked out the whole series...and they are delightful. Sometimes the beginning readers are repetitive and painful to read, lack in both plot and grammatical correctness, but these are breathes of fresh air.
As an added bonus the short stories focus around some of WALT's current interests...planting trees, camping, attics,and shoppi
Julie Graham 47150
Feb 03, 2012 Julie Graham 47150 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
The Poppleton series is a great chapter book series for beginning readers. They are great stories of enduring friendship. My favorite chapter in this book is Wallpaper. After learning they each have a body feature (Hudson the mouse is too short, Fillmore the goat likes eating paper, and Cherry Sue the Llama gets her fur stuck in the paste) that prevent them from helping Poppleton wallpaper his house, Poppleton's three friends agree to change. Poppleton loves his friends the way they are so he sw ...more
Kirsten Swanson
You really can't go wrong with Cynthia Rylant. This is a cute book with three short episodes. My eight year old commented that the chapters didn't go together. "First he has a tree he is trying to grow, then in the next chapter he has a cold and doesn't care about the tree, and in the last chapter he doesn't have a cold or a tree." She is right; the three short stories have only characters in common, but they are funny short stories! Entertaining enough for adults to read a couple of times to ch ...more
Alaina Sloo
May 15, 2013 Alaina Sloo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not yet met a young child who doesn't love Poppleton (though I expect there must be some somewhere). Sweet stories about Poppleton and his friends for early readers that also work well read aloud to younger children.
Sarah Sammis
Three stories: one about a dog wood that wants a bird feeder, one about Poppleton trying to peel oranges while sneezing and one about Poppleton trying to hang wall paper with help from his friends (a mouse, a goat and his next door neighbor llama).
elissa
The chapter where Poppleton gets his friends' help with wallpapering is one of the funniest things that my younger son and I have ever read/looked at together. All of the Poppleton stories are good for beginning readers, and fun to read aloud, but this is my favorite.
Rida
Oct 19, 2014 Rida rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My little ones loved this book!
Lynette Oxley
Oct 21, 2016 Lynette Oxley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Good for beginning readers - lots of repetition and familiar characters.
Henry
Jan 05, 2015 Henry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-readers
MCL. I don't think you could sneeze an orange across the room.
Susan
Dec 22, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Poppleton series is a favorite of my five year old son. We have read the over and over. He loves the structure of each story and feels like he is reading a chapter book!
Rozalyn
Like it, but it left us feeling like it was wanting in some way.
Maria Bulfamante
This was a great book! I definitely would recommend it for everyone to read!
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Poppleton Forever
Rylant, Cynthia
an easy reading story
Evergo1
I remember reading this, but not what it was like, hence the three stars, please do not take that level as my complete review, rather let it spur you on to read it! With children if you have them!
Grace
Three short stories featuring Poppleton and his friends. My 1st grader really liked it and it wasn't too hard for him to read.
Elanor
All by herself!
Logan
Read this to L years ago. Update: L read this aloud 11/5. Needed no help.
Coach D
Coach D rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2009
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2010
Carey
Carey rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2012
Lady
Lady rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2014
Flying Sandals
Flying Sandals rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2012
Joyce Guo
Joyce Guo rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Abracadabra! Magic with Mouse and Mole
  • Commander Toad in Space (Commander Toad)
  • A Friend For Dragon
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • Dodsworth in London (A Dodsworth Book)
  • The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • Penny and Her Song
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Double Beach Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • Houndsley and Catina and the Quiet Time (Houndsley and Catina, #3)
  • You And Me, Little Bear
  • Oscar Otter
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Poppleton (8 books)
  • Poppleton
  • Poppleton And Friends (Poppleton)
  • Poppleton Everyday (Poppleton)
  • Poppleton In Fall