Start by marking “The Charlatans We Are Rock: Lessons in Pop Survival” as Want to Read:
The Charlatans We Are Rock: Lessons in Pop Survival

The Charlatans We Are Rock: Lessons in Pop Survival

2.5  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Rooted in punk rock, garage and mod, "The Charlatans" have inherited a love of classic melody, pop culture and the three minute song buzz. This is the tales of a band's love of pop and a lust for life, a band with courage and a passion for creativity. John Robb speaks to the key players.
Published January 1st 1998 by Ebury Press

To ask other readers questions about The Charlatans We Are Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Charlatans We Are Rock

russell barnes
Jul 10, 2008 russell barnes rated it did not like it
Shelves: given-up, music
I actually read this book years ago when I really really hearted The Charlatans, since then my hatred of Jon Robb is incrementally increased, day by day, year by year, kiboshing any attempt to give it a second go before sending it off to the great Oxfam in the sky (or Upper Richmond Road, which ever is easier).

So what am I saying? Basically any book written by Jon Robb isn't actually about the subject matter but is actually about him and how he really started and inspired the band in the first p
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Chris Sawle
Chris Sawle rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2014
Phil Kennedy
Phil Kennedy rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Graham Cawsey
Graham Cawsey rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Ross
Ross rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2012
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Nicola Newman
Nicola Newman rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2013
H Anthony
H Anthony rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2014
Ian "Marvin" Graye
Ian "Marvin" Graye marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2011
Claire
Claire added it
Jul 26, 2011
Fabiola
Fabiola marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Marc Higgins
Marc Higgins is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2013
John Robb is vocalist in the punk rock band Goldblade. Based in Manchester, he has also written several books on music and frequently appears as a journalist/commentator on documentary/light entertainment music shows. While working for Sounds, Robb was the first journalist to interview Nirvana (in 1989), and also later coined the word 'Britpop'.

Robb's books include a biography of The Stone Roses,