Start by marking “Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers (Mates, Dates, #12)” as Want to Read:
Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers (Mates, Dates, #12)

Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers (Mates, Dates #12)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  1,190 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
“I reckon that’s the last we’ve seen of Ollie Axford,” I said. “I wouldn’t be so sure, TJ,” said Nesta. “I bet he calls and asks you out.” “Nah, he looks like a player. You know the type. Too much of a twinkle in his eye to be trusted.” “A bit like Luke then?” said Lucy.

Boys are like buses for TJ. No sign of one for ages and then two come along at the same time! First ther
Published May 1st 2006 by Simon Pulse (first published February 24th 2006)

Carroll
Apr 21, 2010 Carroll rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-i-read
TJ is a girl with three really, really good friends, but no boyfriend since she broke things off with Luke last winter. But now Ollie comes along. Suave, good-looking, sophisticated Ollie. All of a sudden though, Luke comes back into the picture! And TJ’s family faces a crises of the most major magnitude, just as TJ is trying to decide what to do about the two boys!! TJ’s friends can only do so much, but they support her in every way that they can.
Key Issues:
Friendship, family, courage, standin
Amanda Yeargin
I read Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers as an IR book. This book is about TJ's love life. She winds up falling head over heels about Ollie Axford who she met at the dance. She starts going out with him, and also remaking her room. But then Luke De Baisi shows up. She's shocked because TJ thought he was her soulmate but all she got was a two timer and almost lost Nesta. Who will she choose.
I have a text-to-world connection. This connects to the world because she probably isn't the only one wh
Felicia
Dec 29, 2016 Felicia rated it really liked it
Collective Review

I first read a couple of these books in 2006. I had a long bus trip and grabbed a couple of the series from a local bookstore. I had no idea they were part of a huge series. Over the years I had forgotten the names of the books but every now and then would try to find them. I finally found them this year from a Goodreads list. Yay!

I really enjoyed this series. I think the main reason is because the books were released in 2001 and the girls are 14. I was 13 in 2001 so can connect
Jennie
Jun 11, 2007 Jennie rated it liked it
This is the last book in the series. For some reason, TJ is still totally in love with Luke, the asshat who cheated on her best friend. WTF? This whole angle is something I never understood and Hopkins couldn't make me. Actually, she didn't really try to explain why she still liked him. But TJ is dating the dreamy Ollie Axeford, who's a bit of a player, but, to his credit, is always straight up honest about it and doesn't lie to her. TJ's dad has a stroke and the family goes down to... Devon? Co ...more
Kai Yi
May 24, 2008 Kai Yi rated it really liked it
this book is going back to the point of view of TJ and this book is going to be the last of the series "mates and dates". TJ is finally having he choice of choosing who she loves the best. having the hardest time choosing will she risk her life of being dump or go against her friend. ollie the hot playboy or luke the one that says "i love the best"? will she give up something old for something new. or continue to let faith decides. confusion take over her, she needs a friend that can truly under ...more
Ling Juan
Jun 24, 2009 Ling Juan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 11th-grade
This book talks about friendships and love relationships between teenagers. TJ is a teenage girl who is struggling with a love relationship between two guys, Ollie Axford and Luke. She loves both of them. But as time goes by she found out that she loved Ollie more than Luke...She than found out that Luke is the best. Through her struggles, her friends were around to help her and give her advices. To find out what made TJ choose Luke as a boyfriend at last, read the book.
I like how the characte
Katlyn
May 02, 2016 Katlyn rated it liked it
I have very clearly aged out of this series, and as such I am not keeping it. Hopefully it will go to a preteen who will enjoy it as much as I used to! I found it got rather repetitive after a while and the constant switching of guys was annoying to keep track of. And it felt like each book was trying to teach me a lesson... Which I did not like. 2.5/5 for this book. 3/5 for the series in general.
Mintti
Feb 05, 2013 Mintti rated it it was ok
Shelves: youth
Suomeksi Frendejä, kundeja ja ******* - luin koko 12-kirjaisen sarjan töissä kahvi- ja ruokatauoilla, nyt on urakka loppu! :) Ihan kivaa, kevyttä nuorisolaiskirjallisuutta, hömppää, johon oli joka kirjaan laitettu myös vähän vakavampaa juonikuviota ja elämän syvällisempiäkin pohdiskeluja. JOka kirjassa oli vuoronperään yksi neljästä kaveruksesta kertojaminänä ja tarinat vaihtelivat poikaystävähuolista maailmaparannukseen.
Suki
Apr 21, 2008 Suki rated it really liked it
This is the last book of the series and i am really sad but i hope i will find more books like that! this book talks about TJ and she is stuck between 2 boys and someone that is close to her gets sick. so what should she do? This brings a message to everyone is people around you really cares about you and they have supported you so it is not worth it to choose a guy that you dont really like( those play boys) than a person you know for so long!
Alison the Librarian
Aug 18, 2009 Alison the Librarian rated it it was ok
I read and remembered loving all the other books in this series. They were all funny, and I'm a sucker for Brit chick lit as a genre. However, this last one was boring and sappy. I think she should have let the series keep going til the girls reached university because it would made more sense to end it then.
Katrina Knittle
Dec 13, 2013 Katrina Knittle rated it it was ok
THis book is mainly about friendship and love relationships between teenagers. It was an interesting book in the series. It is a book series that I think a lot of teenagers could relate to at some point. A cute little read.
Miranda
Jul 03, 2009 Miranda rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this series, though I think some of the things that happened to the girls where a little unrealistic.
All in all, I enjoyed them but am kinda happy there done (it seemed they went on forever and ever lol) so I can move on to more books.
Sol
Aug 06, 2011 Sol added it
Shelves: library
last book i read from the series.
Sophie
Aug 20, 2010 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no way I could have managed the horrible teenage years without this series! I read it multiple times!!
Tabitha Munyaka
Dec 21, 2012 Tabitha Munyaka rated it really liked it
i wouldn't have chose ollie he is too himself!!
Janne
Oct 13, 2012 Janne rated it it was amazing
Very funny! I can relate to every character in the story. Each character has their own love story. But more than that, it is about family, school problems, friendship, everything about life.
Karissa
Oct 10, 2009 Karissa rated it it was amazing
I would def read the whole series!!! Its really good, you literally can't out it down!!!! But i think the best is Cathy Hoopkin's " Teen Queens and Has-Beens". Its just perfect.
Veronica Widya
Oct 21, 2008 Veronica Widya rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-lit
nice story!!
friends forever and lol all the time! lmao!
Dixie Thamrin
Dixie Thamrin rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2013
Sanni
Sanni rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Ellisa
Ellisa rated it really liked it
May 16, 2012
Candace
Candace rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2017
ERINO
ERINO rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2008
Heelqueen
Heelqueen rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Jessy with a Y
Jessy with a Y rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2008
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2012
  • Crow Girl (Crow Girl, #1)
  • Truly Madly Megan
  • This Must Be Love
  • Ella Mental: And the Good Sense Guide
  • Sara's Face
  • A Girl's Guide to Guys (So Little Time, #10)
  • Just Between Us (So Little Time, #4)
  • Just Like Lizzie (Lizzie McGuire, #9)

Mates, Dates (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)
  • Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2)
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sole Survivors (Mates, Dates, #5)
  • Mates, Dates, and Mad Mistakes (Mates, Dates, #6)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sequin Smiles (Mates, Dates #7)
  • Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble (Mates, Dates, #8)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Mates, Dates, and Chocolate Cheats (Mates, Dates, #10)