Start by marking “Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers (Mates, Dates, #12)” as Want to Read:
Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers (Mates, Dates, #12)

Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers (Mates, Dates #12)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,123 ratings  ·  18 reviews
"" I reckon that's the last we've seen of Ollie Axford,"" I said.""I wouldn't be so sure TJ,"" said Nesta. ""I bet he calls and asks you out.""

""Nah, he looks like a player. You know the type. Too much of a twinkle in his eye to be trusted."

"A bit like Luke then?"" said Lucy.

Boys are like buses for TJ. No sign of one for ages and then two come along at the same time! First
Published May 1st 2006 by Simon Pulse (first published February 24th 2006)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Books that have kept me up all night
337th out of 692 books — 800 voters
Marked by P.C. CastEclipse by Stephenie MeyerPoison Study by Maria V. SnyderThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakBetrayed by P.C. Cast
YA Novels of 2007
91st out of 154 books — 52 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda Yeargin
I read Mates, Dates, and Sizzling Summers as an IR book. This book is about TJ's love life. She winds up falling head over heels about Ollie Axford who she met at the dance. She starts going out with him, and also remaking her room. But then Luke De Baisi shows up. She's shocked because TJ thought he was her soulmate but all she got was a two timer and almost lost Nesta. Who will she choose.
I have a text-to-world connection. This connects to the world because she probably isn't the only one wh
Carroll
TJ is a girl with three really, really good friends, but no boyfriend since she broke things off with Luke last winter. But now Ollie comes along. Suave, good-looking, sophisticated Ollie. All of a sudden though, Luke comes back into the picture! And TJ’s family faces a crises of the most major magnitude, just as TJ is trying to decide what to do about the two boys!! TJ’s friends can only do so much, but they support her in every way that they can.
Key Issues:
Friendship, family, courage, standin
Jennie
This is the last book in the series. For some reason, TJ is still totally in love with Luke, the asshat who cheated on her best friend. WTF? This whole angle is something I never understood and Hopkins couldn't make me. Actually, she didn't really try to explain why she still liked him. But TJ is dating the dreamy Ollie Axeford, who's a bit of a player, but, to his credit, is always straight up honest about it and doesn't lie to her. TJ's dad has a stroke and the family goes down to... Devon? Co ...more
Kai Yi
this book is going back to the point of view of TJ and this book is going to be the last of the series "mates and dates". TJ is finally having he choice of choosing who she loves the best. having the hardest time choosing will she risk her life of being dump or go against her friend. ollie the hot playboy or luke the one that says "i love the best"? will she give up something old for something new. or continue to let faith decides. confusion take over her, she needs a friend that can truly under ...more
Ling Juan
This book talks about friendships and love relationships between teenagers. TJ is a teenage girl who is struggling with a love relationship between two guys, Ollie Axford and Luke. She loves both of them. But as time goes by she found out that she loved Ollie more than Luke...She than found out that Luke is the best. Through her struggles, her friends were around to help her and give her advices. To find out what made TJ choose Luke as a boyfriend at last, read the book.
I like how the characte
Suki
This is the last book of the series and i am really sad but i hope i will find more books like that! this book talks about TJ and she is stuck between 2 boys and someone that is close to her gets sick. so what should she do? This brings a message to everyone is people around you really cares about you and they have supported you so it is not worth it to choose a guy that you dont really like( those play boys) than a person you know for so long!
Mintti
Suomeksi Frendejä, kundeja ja ******* - luin koko 12-kirjaisen sarjan töissä kahvi- ja ruokatauoilla, nyt on urakka loppu! :) Ihan kivaa, kevyttä nuorisolaiskirjallisuutta, hömppää, johon oli joka kirjaan laitettu myös vähän vakavampaa juonikuviota ja elämän syvällisempiäkin pohdiskeluja. JOka kirjassa oli vuoronperään yksi neljästä kaveruksesta kertojaminänä ja tarinat vaihtelivat poikaystävähuolista maailmaparannukseen.
Alison the Librarian
I read and remembered loving all the other books in this series. They were all funny, and I'm a sucker for Brit chick lit as a genre. However, this last one was boring and sappy. I think she should have let the series keep going til the girls reached university because it would made more sense to end it then.
Miranda
I really enjoyed this series, though I think some of the things that happened to the girls where a little unrealistic.
All in all, I enjoyed them but am kinda happy there done (it seemed they went on forever and ever lol) so I can move on to more books.
Katrina Knittle
THis book is mainly about friendship and love relationships between teenagers. It was an interesting book in the series. It is a book series that I think a lot of teenagers could relate to at some point. A cute little read.
Janne
Very funny! I can relate to every character in the story. Each character has their own love story. But more than that, it is about family, school problems, friendship, everything about life.
Karissa
I would def read the whole series!!! Its really good, you literally can't out it down!!!! But i think the best is Cathy Hoopkin's " Teen Queens and Has-Beens". Its just perfect.
Sophie
There is no way I could have managed the horrible teenage years without this series! I read it multiple times!!
Veronica Widya
nice story!!
friends forever and lol all the time! lmao!
Tabitha Munyaka
i wouldn't have chose ollie he is too himself!!
Sol
Aug 06, 2011 Sol added it
Shelves: library
last book i read from the series.
Erin
A nice ending to the series.
Shauna
Shauna marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Cath
Cath marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Inka
Inka marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kelly Nicole
Kelly Nicole is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2015
  • A Girl's Guide to Guys (So Little Time, #10)
  • Just Between Us (So Little Time, #4)
  • Meet the Real World, Rachel
  • Diving In (Art & Coll, #1)
  • Ella Mental: And the Good Sense Guide
  • Just Like Lizzie (Lizzie McGuire, #9)
  • Sara's Face
  • This Must Be Love
  • 30 Guys in 30 Days

Mates, Dates (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)
  • Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2)
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sole Survivors (Mates, Dates, #5)
  • Mates, Dates, and Mad Mistakes (Mates, Dates, #6)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sequin Smiles (Mates, Dates #7)
  • Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble (Mates, Dates, #8)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Mates, Dates, and Chocolate Cheats (Mates, Dates, #10)
Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1) Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2) Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4) Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9) Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)