Start by marking “Never Trust A Rabbit: Stories With a Twist ” as Want to Read:
Never Trust A Rabbit: Stories With a Twist

Never Trust A Rabbit: Stories With a Twist

This is a collection of surreal literary short stories by Jeremy Dyson where the metaphysical meets the mundane in the dark secret of the London Underground, the seemingly harmless auction of electrical goods, a flatmate born to save all mankind, and the strange phenomenon of the Cornish seabed.
Published December 1st 2000 by Duckworth Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Never Trust A Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Trust A Rabbit

PJ Dickinson
Jan 19, 2011 PJ Dickinson rated it it was ok
This book was a disappointment. It took me two stories to realise that the style, subject matter and manner of storytelling that I had expected to find in the book, a preconception entirely based upon the League of Gentlemen, was not what I was going to get.

I was a little thrown by that. I was expecting stories that would read like a hybridisation between Roald Dahl's "Tales of the Unexpected" and 60's Hammmer horror movies. I didn't mind that I was getting something different; realising that wh
Feb 04, 2010 Batsap rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Jeremy Dyson is of course one quarter of the creative genius behind The League of Gentlemen. It was a LOG fan that I read this book and in hindsight perhaps that was the wrong thing to do. Going in with preconceived notions about what to expect I was disappointed to find none of the twisted black humour or seething undercurrent of human suffering that makes the LOG so great. Although the stories are well-written, often ending in neat twists, none of them were powerful enough to linger on in my p ...more
Muhammad Hafizh
Oct 23, 2013 Muhammad Hafizh rated it liked it
One of the uniquest books I have ever read. This book is filled with some short stories which I believe had nothing in common, except; they are all philosophical. The events in the stories are not to be seen in real life, but somehow, I can relate to the stories inside it. I will definitely recommend it for someone who loves hidden moral values inside of a story.
Ruth Paszkiewicz
Feb 27, 2013 Ruth Paszkiewicz rated it liked it
An interesting mix of the fantastical with the mundane, the short story format prevents the book from becoming too tedious but there is not enough variation in the characters or narrative perspective to really engage the reader. Not bad for a charity shop buy, but that's exactly where it is going back to now.
Jul 11, 2014 Mahfey rated it really liked it
Don't read this if you are expecting League of Gentlemen. This is different and yes, there is a smell of Tales of the Unexpected about it, but a generation on.
Jan 15, 2012 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some intriguing short stories. As is often the way with this genre some are very good- others less so. Puts me mind of Roald Dahl's (adult) stuff though rather more surreal
Aug 02, 2007 Anne rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of short story collections and anthologies. I read this years and years ago, but Dyson is still up there with the best.
Oct 03, 2013 Jay rated it did not like it
Nedočetl jsem to. Byla to intelekutální srágora a na tyhle pseudohorory prokládáné uměním vážně nejsem.
Manisha Kerai
Aug 25, 2015 Manisha Kerai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crazily wierd, and all the better for it. I really liked 'The Engine of Desire', but my favourite has got to be 'City Deep'-I always thought there was something strange going on with the Underground!
Bani rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Michael Sellars
Michael Sellars rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Mario Maruska
Mario Maruska rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
Roland rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Mel90212 rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Lou rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2012
Chris Gornell
Chris Gornell rated it really liked it
May 22, 2012
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2009
Mark Findlater
Mark Findlater rated it did not like it
Aug 27, 2012
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
Lyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Wayne Hooper
Wayne Hooper rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Only read "City Deep" out of this collection. I might come back to it to read more some time.
Chris 'stan'
Chris 'stan' rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2014
BookScout rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Kip Malek
Kip Malek rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Jo rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Markp rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Dec 23, 2010 Anastasia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: twitbookclub
Great collection of short stories.
Ying Chen
Ying Chen rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Russell Flanders
Russell Flanders rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
  • The Dog Catcher
  • Self Made Man
  • Coyote v. Acme
  • Complete Ghost Stories
  • The Devil in Amber (Lucifer Box, #2)
  • Terry Jones' Fairy Tales
  • The Marriage Market
  • Short Short Stories
  • Strange Days Indeed: The 1970s: The Golden Days of Paranoia
Jeremy Dyson is an English screenwriter and, along with Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith, a participant in The League of Gentlemen. He has also created and co-wrote the popular west-end show Ghost Stories.
More about Jeremy Dyson...