Start by marking “Off to Plymouth Rock! [With CD]” as Want to Read:
Off to Plymouth Rock! [With CD]

Off to Plymouth Rock! [With CD]

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In this engaging retelling of the story of the first Thanksgiving, the whimsical verse of Dandi Daley Mackall can now be heard on a read-along CD. In "Off to Plymouth Rock," children will love to hear the story of the Pilgrims' voyage to the New World and the Native Americans' guidance that culminated in the first Thanksgiving. Illustrator Gene Barretta's warm harvest tone ...more
Published October 14th 2004 by Tommy Nelson (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Off to Plymouth Rock! [With CD], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off to Plymouth Rock! [With CD]

Tracy
Fun little book that I'm not sure I ever would've purchased for myself. At first glance, it's a little simple for kindergarten. However, it comes with a charming author read along that is like nothing I've seen before. Story is told and then retold with interactive words and motions. My class always loves this little story and it engages them over and over again.
Tntexas
Fun pictures. Engaging rhyme. Minor complaint I remember at time: Don't believe the Pilgrims knew exactly where they were heading to. Book implies that they did; believe it was named at the journey's end. Oh well - not so bad; having it there makes the reader glad.
Marcia
The soft color palette and almost manga-like illustrations give a different look to the familiar story The rhyming verse make it perfect for a holiday read for k-4.
Kathryn
The story is written as a poem and the illustrations have lots to look at on each page. A great way to tell the story of Plymouth Rock.
Kate
Maybe the author meant off to Plymouth? I know the rock is tiny, but there is so illustration of it AND THAT IS WEIRD.
Ruth Ann
A Thanksgiving book short enough for storytime!
Stacy
I love the rhymes in this book.
Alisha
Alisha added it
Nov 19, 2014
Amber Ray
Amber Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Azelia Sims
Azelia Sims marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Djemru
Djemru marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Miri
Miri marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Courtney Schniebs
Courtney Schniebs marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Alexis
Alexis added it
Oct 16, 2014
Lisa Hall
Lisa Hall marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Deidra
Deidra added it
May 23, 2014
Anne Puckett
Anne Puckett marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Cami Turner
Cami Turner marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
A professional writer for over 20 years, Dandi Daley Mackall has written dozens of articles for popular magazines and published around 400 books for children and adults alike, with sales of over 4 million.
A frequent guest on radio and television talk shows, she lives in rural Ohio with her husband, three children, horses, dogs, & cats.
More about Dandi Daley Mackall...
Wild Thing (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #1) The Silence of Murder Eager Star (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #2) Bold Beauty (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #3) My Boyfriends' Dogs