Start by marking “Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)

Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory #2)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,571 Ratings  ·  279 Reviews
Blair Mallory, the stunning heroine of To Die For, once more matches wits with a killer as she tries plan her wedding to police detective Wyatt Bloodsworth in this latest romantic thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of Cover of Night.
Published November 28th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Drop Dead Gorgeous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drop Dead Gorgeous

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieWallbanger by Alice ClaytonMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
94th out of 2,327 books — 5,252 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
128th out of 1,472 books — 1,982 voters

More lists with this book...

Zeek
Dead Gorgeous- the continuation of the Blair and Wyatt show (mostly Blair Show) started in To Die For.

I am a Linda Howard fangirl all the way. I started reading her books ages ago with Heart of Fire. Back then her men were sexy, smart and strong- as were her women. Her plots were exciting- if fairly the same. Still, she had a way of making them into page turners and all night reads. I read her entire backlist and auto-bought her new releases. Sad to say, since Mr. Perfect, this has all changed f
Sunny
4.5 stars. This book was a joy to read. Totally un-PC, it is an entertaining story with a strong, opinionated, surprisingly self-aware heroine. My Favorite part? I adore how Wyatt adores Blair. I love the way he's all in and totally honest with her . He has a total Jackass-ish moment in this book that made my heart drop, but it worked. Thank God. I hope Linda Howard decides to write another book in the series.
Bark's Book Nonsense
I just finished listening to the unabridged audio version of this book and though I haven't read a Linda Howard book in quite awhile I was quite surprised to find that her writing has changed so much. This book was a contemporary quasi-mystery with a whole bunch of hot sex between the empty headed heroine and her blinded by lust alpha cop fiance. Apparently there was a book about these two that came before this one but as the synopsis reads like an exact copy of this book I'm sure not going out ...more
Jane Stewart
Sep 26, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it did not like it
Not enjoyable because I did not like the heroine.

This is 2nd book in the series with Blair Mallory and Wyatt. The 1st book is "To Die For". I rated both of these books as 1 star because I disliked the Blair character so much. She was petty, mean, insincere and snotty. Some examples of her thoughts and actions follow. Page 11, she calls off the wedding because she doesn't like what her married name will be. Page 75, she argues with her fiance, insisting that she will need to reorganize his home s
Amanda Sheila
Ugh, how I adore this couple!

In this book, unusually, Howard grants us a sequel. A darn sequel! Haha we all know that most of the time, the 2nd book of the series is a like, a new story with new characters, right? Nope, not this time. :)

Blair and Wyatt's ready to get married. But, again, Blair becomes a target of a murderer. Can Wyatt protect her? Or will their wedding is cancelled?

Both Blair and Wyatt are darn stubborn and made me want to throw this book across the room. But at the same time,
Kathleen
3 stars, max, but don't push it. Yeah, there are some good scenes. It's Howard, isn't it? That lady can write. We get vivid action (cars careening, guns blazing, fireballs flaming, etc), funny moments (sticky notes, PDS) and lots of sexy times (amazing Tantric sex scene in chapter 24!!) but oy vey...This book gave me a headache. I had a love-hate relationship with Wyatt, and Blair's constant drama just wore me out. I liked her alright -- just wouldn't want to live with her.

Plot: Wyatt stepped o
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it did not like it
I just wanted her to friggin DROP DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dana Nelson
Mar 13, 2009 Dana Nelson rated it liked it
Favorite quote (pg 102)

"Is it time for your period, or something?"
With unerring instinct, he'd found a great big red button, and pushed it. Wyatt fights to win, which means he fights dirty. I understand the concept because that's how I fight, too, but understanding it didn't stop me from reacting. I could practically feel my blood bubbling with steam. "What?"
Melanie
Loved it!

..... (even more than 'To Die For')!

Okay, seriously Ms. Howard - you CAN'T let the tale of Blair Mallory-Bloodsworth end here... I just know Wyatt and Blair have a zany life together and I needwant to know about it!

Not to mention her awesome sisters... they totally need some love in their lives and I'd love to read about Sianna exploits ball-bustin' a bad ass and Jenna finding herself and road to self-redemption. Pretty please?
Karla
I enjoyed this second book in the Blair Mallory series. She's back at it again. That endless banter that goes on in her mind, justifying her reasoning for her thinking, is so funny. Wyatt was his moody, sex crazed self and borderline mean to Blair, which I found somewhat disturbing. Okay she's a nut-case, but he knew what he was getting into with her. They both grew on me, I really loved the series and I wish it would continue. I could go for some more of the Bloodsworths!
HJ

Eve
Feb 18, 2016 Eve rated it it was amazing
Book #2 in Blair Mallory Series
Romantic Suspense / Contemporary Romance

I'm so glad that the characters were still themselves (unlike some other sequels I've read, where the characters seem to have morphed into different & boring people), and the pacing of the book was fast and hilarious.

Blair Mallory has just lost some footing in the jostling for the upper hand in her upcoming marriage to the Police Lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth. He gives her a drop-dead date of one month to plan their weddin
Kimberly
Apr 17, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
ѕєяєηιтι
Bir cinayet girişiminden kurtulmuş birinin hemen arkası yeni bir cinayet girişimine maruz kalma şansı yada şanssızlığı nedir acaba! Blair'den başkasına da olması beklenemezdi zaten:D
Glamdring
*Buddy read with Blacky <3<3<3*

Review to come
Yelania Nightwalker
Este es el segundo libro donde aparece Blair Mallory, creo que es un error tremendo que en el libro no se mencione que se trata de la secuela, por que te quedas un poco desorientada y como que hay cosas de las que ni idea; y sólo te enteras cuando la chica dice algo como "si quieres saber de qué hablo, lee mi primer libro"...

Es claro que el amor en este libro es un poco soso, un poco aburrido y un poco flojo, pero hay momentos en que dan ternura que es lo que lo hace rescatable...

Blair
Wayne Wilson
Oct 12, 2009 Wayne Wilson rated it it was ok
I listened to this book and I had a good time.

Blair Mallory soon to be married finds herself in the cross hairs of some woman who wants her dead. We get to know Blair and I really like her. Maybe because she is smart, sexy, independent, sassy, and caring that it made her easy to like.

The narration was good if not great. I think the voice should have been a little more southern and deeper maybe with a Lauren Bacall scratchiness. I am not sure I could wade through another of these books. There is
İlkim
Orijinali Kitap Esintisi adresinde.

Bu serinin ilk kitabı bizde "Ölümcül Hata" ismiyle GOA yayıncılıktan çıkmıştı. Tabi yıllar yıllar geçtiği için kitap halini bulmak çok zor durumda şu an. Orada Blair isimli asıl karakterimiz ölüm tehlikesi atlatıyordu. Hatta kendisinin yerine ona benziyor diye başka bir kadın öldürülüyordu. Soruşturmaya gelen polis ise iki yıl önce bir anda ondan ayrılan yakışıklı polis Wyatt oluyordu ve katili ararlarken araları da düzeliyor ve birbirlerine aşık oluyorlardı. K
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Another case where the audio fails to live up to the print (which was another five star read for me). Joyce Bean is a huge improvement over To Die For's Franette Liebow but it still doesn't rate a 5 star audio performance. Here's a short review from a Speaking of Audiobooks column titled The Funny Ones. Both To Die For and Drop Dead Gorgeous are extremely funny in print and audio.

To Die For by Linda Howard is one of my favorites and quite hilarious as well. Listening wasn’t as funny as reading t
Joycrazy
Mar 09, 2016 Joycrazy rated it did not like it
This is the only book of Linda Howards that I do not like.
The first in the series (To Die For) was amazingly funny and flat out fantastic. The second outing was horrible.
By the end of the book I didn't think "the Wyatt" (Not a typo, say it aloud really fast) deserved Blair. Not in any way. He was a complete donkey's end and too stupid to live. Literally too stupid to walk and breathe at the same time.
I also want to say that Linda Howard is on my "auto buy that now... wait is it a reissue/rename
Marla
Mar 18, 2012 Marla rated it it was ok
Again I got this from a co-worker after another one had read it. It looked a little too romance novel-ly, but I gave it a go. Neither of my co-workers said anything about this being part of a series, but as soon as I started reading I had the feeling that I was missing something. By page 11 I googled it and, sure enough, there was another book that came first.
I went ahead and read the book, but I always left like I was missing something. Like why the two main characters were together. I just did
justmeri_an
Feb 18, 2013 justmeri_an rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-shelf
Like my sentiment on most of LH books, I was berating myself for not reading this SOONER. I didn't, well because, like the many characters in these books (To Die for & Drop Dead Gorgeous), I mistakenly took Blair for a fluff. I didn't realize how smart she is that she lets people (including me) think that she's a dumb bimbo, upto the point that it's too late to realize she'd been turning us in circles all along.

FIVE stars, for me. I was laughing out loud at some scenes, and then squealing at
Geri
May 14, 2014 Geri rated it really liked it
Blair and Wyatt are back.

Somebody is trying to kill Blair.....again.

Wyatt doesn't believe it at first......meanie.

I loved this story.
Melanie
Jan 12, 2011 Melanie rated it did not like it
I am usually a big Howard fan. Her books usually grip me from the beginning and do not let go until the end. To Die For was an OK book - not one of my favorites but you get your hits and your misses. But to take two mediocre characters and write a sequel about them just made no sense to me. Especially this first person account who made a halfway likeable character less so. She should have left the hero and heroine in To Die For and not bothered with another book about them. The book was boring, ...more
Carly Kirk
Jul 17, 2015 Carly Kirk rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment because I went ahead and finished this one too and I still don't like the main characters! At one point I thought there was finally going to be a resolving of his high handedness in how he dealt with her after he actually said what he really truly thought about her, but after ONE day of trying to decide how to address it she let him f**k her silly again and that was basically it. They did actually "talk" about the whole thing TWO days after that, but he ba ...more
Bookish
I have to admit I was really doubtful at first that I would like Blair. Because she seemed like a drama queen & I always stay away from heroines like that because of past experiences with that type of characters. I picked up the first book after putting it down for 2 times, because I love Linda Howard's books and I had faith on her writing :D. Guess What! She didn't fail me :D :D :D

I just loved this series. Can's say enough about how much I loved "Blair Mallory" character. Yes she is a dram
Sue
Nov 23, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
Excellent title, not quite as good as "To Die For" but nearly there. Great conclusion to a book series, Blair was as good and Wyatt an alpha male all the way. The culprit was easy to identify in my book, but the exact "who" was a mystery as well as the motivation behind it.

That sounds like a take away but it's not... Blair is the story whether she's shopping, writing lists or just plain pulling the tiger by the tail.

Narrator 4.25, story same
Darcy
Aug 22, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, audio-book, romance
This book had me laughing. I know some people won't like Blair, as she comes off a very vain, ditzy blond, but I sort of follow her logic and scatterbrained thought paths. I also think the chemistry between Blair and Wyatt is so strong that you can't help but root for them. Both of their antics through out this book made for crazy things happening left and right. If you are looking for a fun beach read this is the book for you!
Norma
Feb 09, 2010 Norma rated it liked it
I tried reading this once before and DNF. I've been listening to this for the past week and I did enjoy it. However, I did NOT like Wyatt. I found him to be a jerk! In the first book he was your average cocky alpha. I like that. But in this book, he was a jerk. I didnt like the way he treated Blair. He never seemed to take her seriously. I realize she's a nit-wit, but still. I found his treatment of her just mean.
  • Exposure
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Ice Storm (Ice, #4)
  • The Return of Patrick O'Rourke (Jamesville, #3)
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Standing in the Shadows (McClouds & Friends #2)
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Remedy (The Devil's Eyes, #5)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Knock Me Off My Feet
  • Caught In The Act  (Men to the Rescue #3)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • The Wrong Hostage (St. Kilda Consulting, #2)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Tongue In Chic (Fortune Hunter, #2)
  • Ready (Mercenary Trilogy, #1)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
  • Beachcomber

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...

Blair Mallory (2 books)
  • To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1)

“Is it time for your period, or something?"

He turned around, all controlled aggression, and damned if he didn't push the button again. "What is it about having a period that makes women so bitchy?"

... It was an effort, but I said as sweetly as possible, "It isn't that we're bitchier, it's that having a period makes us feel all tired and achy, so we have less tolerance for all the bullshit we normally SUFFER IN SILENCE." By the time the sentence ended the sweetness was long gone, my jaw was clenched, and I think my eyes were bugging out.

Wyatt took a step back, belatedly looking alarmed.”
239 likes