Start by marking “Skip Beat!, Vol. 16” as Want to Read:
Skip Beat!, Vol. 16

Skip Beat!, Vol. 16 (Skip Beat! #16)

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  2,826 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

Saving Kyoko from Reino's attack has finally knocked some sense into Sho's head, and he realizes how much he cares for her. But before h
Published January 6th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 19th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Skip Beat!, Vol. 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skip Beat!, Vol. 16

Alison (AlisonCanRead)
It's Kyoko and Ren versus Kyoko and Sho!

Ren shows up after Kyoko was attacked by Reino and subsequently saved by Sho. He has no idea what happened, although realizes that something is up. Kyoko is far too embarrassed to tell him. Of course, he finds out. And he flips. He's upset that Kyoko was threatened by seems just as upset that it was Sho who showed up to save her. Nothing like fear and jealousy combined.

Sho is as arrogant as they come, but even he is astute enough to realize that Ren's ang
Penny
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Rema
So it's official: Sho is n the running for Kyoko's heart. Damn it! Just when I was starring to like him too. The scenes that feature Ren wondering about the connection between Sho and Kyoko really twist at my heart which is why I can't like Sho anymore. It's like a betrayal of Ren. Kyoko is as clueless as ever. And I loved that little scene where Ren holds Kyoko in front of Sho. But like I said, Kyoko is clueless so the entire meaning of the scene was ruined. Anyways, this volume made me feel re ...more
Sheila
Amy Thorne
Maricar (BookOaths)
Ren, Kyoko, Sho, and Reino in one "arc" make yours truly a very happy fangirl.

This, and the volume before it, are two of my favorite volumes in SB =) Sho rescuing Kyoko from Reino had definitely put him in a good enough light for me and Ren, being all Mr. Caveman are sights to behold.

The thing with Sho is, he's really the only guy who can stand against Ren. Someone needs to ruffle Mr. Perfect ayt?

Wishing that there'll be more encounetr among the four in the future.
Lauren
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
Julie
The secret battle for Kyoko's affection commences. Kyoko is so oblivious sometimes, I feel sorry for the guys. But ack, this was a cute volume. I wonder if Moko was there, she would have noticed and told Kyoko what she's completely missing out on.
Shuling
I'll just say that the ending has me squealing and singing a celebratory song. This manga practically reduces me into nothing but a mindless fangirl.
Reader17 Der
LOVE THIS SERIES!!! Really wish the anime would be licensed in the US so I could watch it.

In this volume after Kyoko has been rescued by someone you would not expect we have Sho discovering he may have some feelings for Kyoko. Ren has come to the hotel, and sees Kyoko and Sho talking. If you want to find out how these talks go or what has become of her stalker you need to read the volume. I am trying not to give away spoilers for this wonderful series.

I will say this has one of the sweetest sce
Daniellesof2014
Kyoko is saved by Sho from a person who has been stalking her. He realizes that he has feelings for her but Mr.Tsuruga (Ren) loves her in the same way. Now they are both trying to win her heart.

This book reminded me of eclipse because both Edward and Jacob loved Bella dearly, the only difference is that Bella knew that they did where as Kyoko does not.

I give this book 3 stars because it was entertaining but it's one of those things that you need to see or read from the beginning, to actually und
Nanachikamori
I love the cover for this volume so much! (*^^)/* ...more
Nina Ivanova
Ren's still an idiot, but just maybe there's chance for him
Starbubbles
as the dust settles from sho and reino's clash, where does ren fit in? feeling like he might be after a lost cause, ren makes a surprising decision to fight against the odds, and try to capture kyoko's heart. (amazing turn of events if you remember the conversation ren had with lory before dark moon, he's never fought for anyone.) but is there even enough room in kyoko's heart with sho dominating her every thought, and reino trying to weezle his way in?
you'll laugh, swoon, and might even clap yo
Sara
Dec 26, 2012 Sara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sara by: my best friend
Shelves: humor, shoujo, manga
3.75. The close rivalry between Shou and Ren continues. Shou seems to have admitted something to himself and almost to Kyouko. Shou is maturing and seems to have lost his self-centeredness. Ren kind of marked his territory in this volume, but he's still too afraid of coming on too strong and scaring off the flighty Kyouko. He did take a couple big steps forward, though, so let's not belittle them. Shou's doing well in his personal war against Vie Ghoul and thinks-a little arrogantly, in my opini ...more
Susan Treat
GOOD BOOK LOVED IT
M. Rajab Al-mukarrom
setelah baca ulang, saya menyimpulkan: INI VOLUME PALING ROMANTIS DARI SKIP BEAT! YANG PERNAH SAYA BACA :)

Ah, Kyoko dan Ren benar-benar bikin saya jatuh hati dan ketagihan dan penasaran sekaligus iri :>

Yoshiki Nakamura-sensei, tolong ajarkan aku bagaimana cara membuat karakter-karakter yang begitu sempurna dan mengasyikkan seperti ituuu.. *minta petuah*
Dev
Mar 23, 2009 Dev rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dev by: Shojo Beat Fans
It has been a few months since I have bought a manga. "Skip Beat" is a wonderful series that I have been following for a few years now. The art is fantastic and the storyline wonderful. The relationship developing between Kyoko and Ren is interesting. But I am also wondering how Sho will still be involved. Can't wait to see what happens.
B.B.
Robin
Note:

This V. Contains Acts/Chapters 91 - 96

This is me while reading this story arc:

Of course if I am honest with y'all, that is me while reading ALL of Skip Beat!, lol
Hachton
he finally admits to himself that he likes her and stops him from saying he likes her first. I mean DRAMA!!!! I love love triangles except the problem is kyoko doesn't know they both like her. Its a secret fight for her affections. Is it hot in here or what?
Kristine Pratt
Reino...Sho...There's a lot to make Ren insecure. Well other than his own emotions. Kyoko will handle things her way. As always.
Jeffrey
I am at the point now where I don't hate Sho, but I'd still rather see Kyoko end up with Ren. I'm really curious to see what happens when Kyoko and Ren find out who each other happens to also be.
Priscilla
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The last part was my favorite. I'm really happy they are making some progress in their relationship eventhough kyoko hasn't realized she has feelings for ren.
Ashley Chen
GET MARRY ALREADYYYY!!! (Actually no, I like this tension :P)

Review to come.
;A; I am sooooooo sad that I have to wait for my library to deliver the next few volumes.
Morgan
Getting a little frustrated with how dense the lead female character is.
Amy Gideon
For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Kimberly
This is probably my favorite book so far in this series! I love the new development between Kyoko, Ren, and Sho!
Susan
Why do so many manga use the "they met as children but she doesn't remember him!" plot?
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 21 (Hana-Kimi, #21)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 8 (Beauty Pop, #8)
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 3
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11)
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 08
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 09
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 10
Skip Beat!, Vol. 01 Skip Beat!, Vol. 02 Skip Beat!, Vol. 12 Skip Beat!, Vol. 06 Skip Beat!, Vol. 04