Start by marking “Taste of Passion” as Want to Read:
Taste of Passion

Taste of Passion (Madaris Family & Friends #15)

SOME LONGINGS
Attorney Mackenzie "Mac" Standfield swore off love when her heart was shattered into a million pieces. But there's one man who has managed to tempt her beyond reason-rodeo star Luke Madaris. Although five years have passed, Mac discovers when she runs into Luke again that the sexual tension is just as charged as ever...

BURN MORE
When Luke gets injured in a ro
Published June 2nd 2009 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published March 31st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Taste of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taste of Passion

Arnissa Burnett
Jul 03, 2016 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A mystery unfolded

Great story from beginning to end. Mama Laverne is something else. Nothing gets by her. Luke and Mac didn't have her fooled for a minute. This story was full of mystery and surprises on every page.
Angela
Aug 30, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
Actually went to a all black rodeo to see the guy who represents Luke Madaris. It was a big letdown in the looks department but a good show.
Susan
Jun 05, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing
Another Madaris Family Hit!!!! I read it in hours!!! Get this book!!!.
Nova
Dec 04, 2014 Nova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
This is Madaris Family & Friends book #15.
It is the story of Mac & Luke.
They have instant chemistry when they meet at a charity auction.
5 years later and every time they are near each other, the sparks still fly.
Luke is hurt in a rodeo "accident" and needs a place to recoup. He doesn't want family members hovering about, so he asks single Mac if he can stay at her house while he recovers. She says yes to his request.
The longing between the two is there more with each passing day. Luke s
Tammy Benton
Oct 16, 2016 Tammy Benton rated it it was amazing
This book OMG was so good Brenda Jackson did her thing on this one. This book was about Mackenzie(aka) Mac Standfield attorney and Luke Madaris rodeo star love story. Mac was hurt by ex-boyfriend Lawrence Dixion 5 years ago he dump her a week before his wedding to marry a woman who had the right connection. Mac and Luke were attracted to each other for 5 years both were in denial about their feelings since the auction. Mac and Luke were married to their careers neither were looking for love. Luk ...more
D.lee
Jun 20, 2012 D.lee rated it really liked it
I love all of the books in the Madaris series and this one definitely does not disappoint. The chemistry between Luke and Mac(Mackenzie) is sizzling. Its always nice to visit the Madaris family. Its true that when a Madaris man falls in love they not only fall hard, but forever.
Rodeo star Luke Madaris has one focus and that is to win back his Rodeo title. He doesn't want to get involve in a relationship, because nothing is more important to him than his rodeo career. When he is injured and ends
Tanya Mayes
Jun 13, 2014 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes Luke is my favorite cowboy. If all the cowboys are like him then I will definitely be reading those stories. Through all the pain Luke managed to seduce and conquer "Mac". I loved his protective spirit. The storyline was suspenseful all the way to the end of the book. I love the backdrop of the rodeo and the ranch setting. Good Job to the author. Luke and Mac made a beautiful couple they been fighting there attraction for 5 years and all it took was Luke getting hurt and he moves in "Literal ...more
stilwaterz
Dec 29, 2011 stilwaterz rated it really liked it
True Brenda Jackson style!!! Why are the Madaris men so difficult? Does the old saying "worth the wait" apply to them? Good love story between Luke and Mac. They were introduced in Surrender and have been eyeing each other ever sense. Now finally, Luke figures out a way to enter Mac's life by playing upon her sympathy to nurse him back to health after a rodeo injury. However, love them and leave them Luke didn't bargin on the good care he would recieve.
Lavonda Talbert
Dec 26, 2009 Lavonda Talbert rated it it was amazing
It is another thumbs up for the Madaris family saga. Luke Madaris the rodeo cowboy only wanted to beat the record of his uncle, getting married near the age of 50. What everybody knew in the family including Luke was his underlining passion for Mackenzie "Mac" Standfield. At the auction he took his first look, fell hard for the Cherokee beauty and accomplished lawyer. One rodeo accident brings Luke into the home and arms of Mac and the romance is on from the word go.
Sabrina Johnson
Jan 15, 2016 Sabrina Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never grows old

I have read many novels by Brenda Jackson and I must say that the Westmoreland series is one of my most favorite series to read. Luke & Mac's story has always been intriguing to me not only because of the storyline but because it leads into one of my most favorite storylines, that of Blade and Sam. I would recommend this to anybody (in fact I have to many people already)!!!!! But it is a great read
Carla
Aug 04, 2009 Carla rated it it was amazing
I have said many times that when Brenda Jackson writes a book for the Madaris series she puts in her best work. I thought this book would be predictable but it wasn't predictable at all. What I thought would be the ending was far from it.
Of all of her many different series this one is my favorite. I can not wait for the next book in the series and if she stays true to the hints in the book it will be Sheik Rashaad and then Blade Madaris.
Evelyn Womack
Jul 31, 2015 Evelyn Womack rated it it was amazing
I have to start by saying that Brenda Jackson is my favorite author and her Madaris series is one of my favorite book series. I really loved this book and it is easily one of my favorite books not only in the series but ever, I love Luke & Mackenzie's relationship it was amazing, I couldn't put it down this uis one of those book you can read over and over again and never get tired of
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jan 09, 2012 The Book Junkie Reads . . . rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aar-aas-aam
Visiting more of the Madaris family and even several of their friends from various books brings this one to ta climatic high. Mac get more than she bargain for when she runs into Luke again. Things become very intense and very satisfying.

This is most certainly a read the will read again and again. Jackson make the Madaris Family & Friends a series to come back to over and over again.
Chelsea
Oct 18, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Mac and Luke definitely stirred up their own passion. Along with being dedicated to their respective careers they were able to balance love, and accomplishing their goals. Mama Laverne called it so it was only a matter of time before their relationship came into fruition! Great story, Brenda's stories only leave me wanting more. Next, Blade and Sam! This should be interesting!
Karen
Sep 02, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
I am a true fan of the Madaris series, and I loved the way that both Luke and Mackenzie had to come to grips that they were destined to be together since the first night they met at the "Brother's Auction" held at Nettie's restaurant. They both fought the attraction, but found that their passion for one another was not to be ignored. Awesome read!
Dorel
May 23, 2014 Dorel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this 15th book's story line it was boring. I liked the hot & steamy scenes. I liked how Tori helped Mac. I like how the Madarises stick together. I liked all the updates on all the other Madarises. I hope book 16 is better than this one.
Gloria Hyde
Oct 28, 2016 Gloria Hyde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taste of Passion

This book was filled with excitement from the beginning to the end. I lo e the suspense and action in Mrs. Jackson's novels. Ashton and the Recon gang are my favorite . When I read their names I know its on as well as Alex Maxwell's name! great novel!
Sheila Jackson
Jul 11, 2009 Sheila Jackson rated it it was amazing
The Madaris family saga can't get any better. I love Luke and Mackensie. You can rest assure that there will always be drama when it comes to the Madaris family. I can't wait to see who falls in love next.
Shawnette
Jun 02, 2008 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
What can I say...if you're a fan of Mrs. Jackson's work...and if you LOVE the Madaris men...then you'll ENJOY being witness to another Madaris love connection...the passion between Luke and Mac is definitely SIZZLING...LOL
Terri Hebert
Love all her books and this one is a real winner !!!! Brenda Jackson gets an A++++ for this one !!
Bridget
Jun 24, 2011 Bridget rated it it was amazing
Luke and Mac were a passionate couple. I enjoyed their chemistry and how they sort of fell for each other without trying to. Well told story with a little mystery to it.
Jacqueline Henderson
I like the early stuff, perfet fit, perfit timing, what a woman wants, etc. the series books are a bit much.
another set of eyes
Mar 20, 2015 another set of eyes rated it liked it
It took me a while to get into this story. But after the first 50 pages or so the plot and story really pick up.
Tuere
Aug 22, 2013 Tuere rated it really liked it
i am all for a sexy book with a smart protagonist and a twisty plot. so i loved this book. couldn't put it down.
Laylatusakeena
Laylatusakeena rated it liked it
May 26, 2013
Candice Morales
Candice Morales rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2013
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Abigail-Madison Chase
Abigail-Madison Chase rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Rasheda Ford
Rasheda Ford rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Tymecia Hixon
Tymecia Hixon rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2012
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • Tender to His Touch
  • Stranger In My Arms
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • A Legal Affair
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Whispered Promises