Start by marking “Missing Treasure!” as Want to Read:
Missing Treasure!

Missing Treasure! (Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  14 reviews
SHIVER ME TIMBERS! The treasure of pirate Rufus Rumblebelly has disappeared form the museum!

Luckily, captain Flinn eagerly takes the helm and heads to Bag o' Bones Island. . .only to be met by a rogue gang of pirate dinosaurs with swords at the ready! Flinn and his friends may be able to triumph, but are they prepared to face the fierce, frightening, and most terrifying-lo
Published October 7th 2008 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published October 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Missing Treasure!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Treasure!

Ayashe
The story was pretty blah.The only part my toddler cared about was that there were dinosaurs at the end.
Tobinsfavorite
My kids loved this book. I liked it OK. I did not like reading it repeatedly because of the repetitions of the unpleasant word "Gurgleguts", but "giganatosaurus" was pretty good, and reading the giganatosaurus screaming like a little girl was entertaining and fun. On the other hand, our toddler has been running around chanting, "Gurgleguts, Gurgleguts!" off and on for weeks.
Mhm Storytelling
This book would work with the theme of pirates, dinosaurs, or museums. As red flags, this book is long, the illustrations are not great, and the story is not very engaging. There is not very much opportunity for audience participation. This story is not really worth reading.
Kerry Hogan
my guys absolutely loved this book. We got it from the library and they read it every day at LEAST once a day until we had to return it. The artwork is fun and quirky and the story is a silly one about pirates and dinosaurs.
Miekka
We didn't really enjoy this book, it was a little bit too unbelievable and my kids aren't really in to dinosaurs, but they love pirates. My three year old was actually a little freaked out by the book. 5 years and up.
Kim
It's pirates. It's dinosaurs. What more do you need? I'd like it to be shorter for a storytime, but your older preschoolers and kindergarteners will love it.
Sharon
This is just as good if not even better than the first one. My son is nearly 4 and he loves them both.
Erin
A good sitting-on-moms-lap read aloud for kids who really love pirates and dinosaurs!
Shelby Isaacson
If you have a little boy you must get this book! It is so fun to read!
Jenny
My little boys and I had a great time reading through this! Go find it!
Juli
my son absolutely loved this story! Fun for all.
Susan
Great illlustrations
T
T marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Eia
Eia marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Giles Andreae is the author of several children's books, including the best-selling Giraffes Can't Dance, illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees. He is the creator of Purple Ronnie, one of the most successfully licensed cartoon characters in his native England.

Giles lives with his wife and three children in Notting Hill, England.
More about Giles Andreae...

Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs (4 books)
  • Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs
  • The Magic Cutlass
  • Smugglers Bay
Giraffes Can't Dance Rumble in the Jungle Commotion in the Ocean (Picture Books) Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs Pants