Start by marking “Missing Treasure!” as Want to Read:
Missing Treasure!

Missing Treasure! (Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  106 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
SHIVER ME TIMBERS! The treasure of pirate Rufus Rumblebelly has disappeared form the museum!

Luckily, captain Flinn eagerly takes the helm and heads to Bag o' Bones Island. . .only to be met by a rogue gang of pirate dinosaurs with swords at the ready! Flinn and his friends may be able to triumph, but are they prepared to face the fierce, frightening, and most terrifying-lo
Published October 7th 2008 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published October 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Missing Treasure!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Treasure!

Alexandria
The book has a cute theme and the art style is fantastic. But the story was ho-hum, even for the three year old I was reading it to.

It is an interesting book to open up explanations about dinosaurs, or about pirates. It would also be a cute book to read the night before a child's first trip to a museum. But as a general reading book, it's so-so.
Rachel Rouleau
Might be fun for a kid who is super into dinos and pirates but it seemed a little too all over the place for me. Too long.
Ash
Apr 14, 2014 Ash rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens-and-ya
The story was pretty blah.The only part my toddler cared about was that there were dinosaurs at the end.
Ruth
Feb 22, 2016 Ruth rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens-books, 2016
My son put this one back in the library bag after one reading. Nothing fantastic to it.
Jacinda
Sep 07, 2015 Jacinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another favourite!!!
Magila
Jul 20, 2014 Magila rated it really liked it
3.5
The Brothers
Mar 08, 2016 The Brothers rated it really liked it
Flinn is going to the dinosaur bone museum on a school field trip and is very excited. Not only are their dinosaur bones there, but he also learns they museum had some pirate treasure (too!). Only, the treasure has been stolen! This launches the adventure for Flinn and his classmates. They slip through a cupboard into the realm of dinosaurs, pirates, and dinosaur pirates.

Very fun, kooky illustrations.
Tobinsfavorite
May 12, 2010 Tobinsfavorite rated it liked it
My kids loved this book. I liked it OK. I did not like reading it repeatedly because of the repetitions of the unpleasant word "Gurgleguts", but "giganatosaurus" was pretty good, and reading the giganatosaurus screaming like a little girl was entertaining and fun. On the other hand, our toddler has been running around chanting, "Gurgleguts, Gurgleguts!" off and on for weeks.
Mhm Storytelling
May 26, 2011 Mhm Storytelling rated it it was ok
Shelves: storytelling
This book would work with the theme of pirates, dinosaurs, or museums. As red flags, this book is long, the illustrations are not great, and the story is not very engaging. There is not very much opportunity for audience participation. This story is not really worth reading.
Kerry Hogan
Sep 03, 2009 Kerry Hogan rated it really liked it
my guys absolutely loved this book. We got it from the library and they read it every day at LEAST once a day until we had to return it. The artwork is fun and quirky and the story is a silly one about pirates and dinosaurs.
Miekka
Sep 21, 2009 Miekka rated it it was ok
Shelves: seths-books
We didn't really enjoy this book, it was a little bit too unbelievable and my kids aren't really in to dinosaurs, but they love pirates. My three year old was actually a little freaked out by the book. 5 years and up.
Kim
May 18, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: dinosaur, pirates
It's pirates. It's dinosaurs. What more do you need? I'd like it to be shorter for a storytime, but your older preschoolers and kindergarteners will love it.
Sharon
Jan 22, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it
This is just as good if not even better than the first one. My son is nearly 4 and he loves them both.
Erin
Apr 01, 2009 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A good sitting-on-moms-lap read aloud for kids who really love pirates and dinosaurs!
Shelby Isaacson
Aug 31, 2011 Shelby Isaacson rated it it was amazing
If you have a little boy you must get this book! It is so fun to read!
Jenny
May 11, 2009 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
My little boys and I had a great time reading through this! Go find it!
Juli
Nov 09, 2009 Juli rated it it was amazing
my son absolutely loved this story! Fun for all.
Susan
Holly
Holly added it
Jul 09, 2016
Nicholai
Nicholai rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Eamon
Eamon added it
Jun 09, 2016
Lou
Lou rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Clare Grové
Clare Grové rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Chase
Chase added it
May 01, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Giles Andreae is the author of several children's books, including the best-selling Giraffes Can't Dance, illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees. He is the creator of Purple Ronnie, one of the most successfully licensed cartoon characters in his native England.

Giles lives with his wife and three children in Notting Hill, England.
More about Giles Andreae...

Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs (4 books)
  • Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs