Start by marking “My Angel” as Want to Read:
My Angel

My Angel

Simone Porter, an inner city youth-center director, has lived her whole life being dominated by her over-controlling mother, yet she retains her romantic nature and idealistic views about life and love. Matthew Turner, however, has been hurt by a materialistic wife who used his kindness and affection and threw it away for another man. Now his heart is hardened and he feels ...more
Published February 28th 2007 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about My Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Angel

Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora TaylorDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. Nelson
Best Interracial Reads
94th out of 545 books — 462 voters
The Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonBeast by Pepper PaceDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonDestino by Sienna MynxGo Fetch! by Shelly Laurenston
Love Story (BW/WM)
98th out of 356 books — 328 voters

More lists with this book...

Linda
Nov 27, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing
Simone Porter Was Told All Of Her Life What To Do, Where To Go, And What To Eat By Debra Porter, Her Mother And A Royal Pain In The Butt. At Twenty-Eight Debra Had Alan Picked Out The Man That She Would Marry! Debra Had Been Like That With Her Two Older Siblings As Well, But It Was Just Her Luck To Have Been Born Last. She Got Upset With The Sunday Family Dinner By Embarrassing Her In Front Of Every One By Saying That She Was Overweight And That She Had Prepared A Low Calorie Dinner For Her Inst ...more
Tina
Simone Porter is an inner city youth counselor, a job that her over controlling, status obsessed mother believes is beneath her.

Matt Turner is an architect whose recent divorce from his cheating wife Wendy has left him devastated.

The meet after Simone witnesses a car accident involving Matt and a hit and run car. She calls 911 and stays with him until he is taken to the hospital.

He is in a coma for months and Simone, being the sweet, idealistic person she is, feels as if she needs to make sure h
Elle
Sep 05, 2015 Elle rated it liked it
Interesting book, overall I really enjoyed it. I did however find myself getting extremely frustrated around 80% because it started to get out of hand with the two of them and their lack of communication. All it took was ONE person to state the obvious… but nope it just kept going and going and going until about 86% of the book… which equaled me being annoyed and frustrated.

Now I will say however even in my frustration I was able to see the friendship grow, which was beautiful because it wasn’t
Kimchi
Feb 01, 2008 Kimchi rated it really liked it
I loved this book, although this could not be named a Erotic romance it was a joy to read the characters evolved and grew i liked the beginning and loved the end. There is alot of racist terms branded about from Matt's father but we are all adults and im sure can get throught that. I love how their relationship grows and he is able to over come ehat was becoming to be an obsession with his ex and move on. And how Simone grew in this book it was great.
Sophia
Oct 19, 2014 Sophia rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I don't have anything bad to say. Matt and Simone perfect!! I think Wendy got what she deserve. Grass ain't always greener on the other side. I'm glad that Matt father came around in the end. Simone mother can kick rocks!!
Chivon
Aug 10, 2011 Chivon rated it really liked it
I love this book. The characters Matthew & Simone and their relatives had real qualities and shortcomings yet their love conquered all. This was a really fast easy, get away from it all love story. I enjoyed it!
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
This book was well written, with action, suspense and love. I enjoyed it and I recommend it.
Saheeda
Jun 13, 2013 Saheeda rated it really liked it
Shelves: interracial
This just happens to be my first interracial romance novel, I don't know why I have waited this long..but I am glad I chose this one. There was also a reference to Trinidad and Tobago..being the Trini that I am...big up to my country because the context in which T&T was referred does not matter lol.
Simone is a kind-hearted woman of African descent who keeps getting put down by her controlling racist mother. Her mother instills into her the notion that she is too fat, when in reality she is
Nancy  L Thompson
Loved It

There's not enough good things I can say about th book. I loved the racist dad. He had me laughing out loud so many times. The story line was great. Please keep up the great work
Malika
Jan 08, 2015 Malika rated it it was ok
The concept was good...but very long for the story it told, seemed to hash, re-hash, and re-re-hash the angle of an unreasonable parents.
Laverne Brewster
Aug 24, 2014 Laverne Brewster rated it really liked it
4 stars for Matt and Simone's story. Like it a lot.
Firstlady
Apr 15, 2012 Firstlady rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago. Its the ONE book that I always go back to. Matthew Archibold Turner stole my heart and had it ever since. LOL. Love the way Denise wove them together with a great story. Its always the first book that I download on all of my book readers.
Hasien
Sep 20, 2012 Hasien rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, int-romance
I really enjoyed this story. I figure you know a story is good when you are annoyed with a character and I was totally annoyed with Debra. I loved both Mat and Simone. This was definitely an unconventional love story but I thought it very cute.
EJ MACK
Nov 08, 2012 EJ MACK rated it liked it
When your life is filled with others trying to control you then you will only have a short existance. And then you mix in a hero that does not know when to love the right woman. And you get a really old tale with a racial twist.
Patricia
Jan 03, 2012 Patricia rated it liked it
An excellent romance about a woman named Simone who has an unbelievably controling mother. After she saves Matt from a terrible accident, they slowly realize they are meant for each other. An Angel is a very enjoyable read.
Blue.Raven
Mar 28, 2012 Blue.Raven rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorite reads. I love it and find myself reading it over and over because it's so great!!!
Cf
Feb 19, 2013 Cf rated it it was ok
Jumping ship for awhile on Interracial romance. The stories lack dimension and too predicatable.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Jackie Slaughter
Jackie Slaughter rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Tandra Harris
Tandra Harris rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Layra
Layra rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
M
M rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Sarah Toussaint
Sarah Toussaint marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Lynda Garcia
Lynda Garcia rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2016
Reanna
Reanna rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Arnita Neal
Arnita Neal marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Laety
Laety rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
A Beautiful New Story From Denise Skelton 1 9 Dec 13, 2011 08:36AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Denise Skelton 1 5 Nov 10, 2009 07:10AM
  • Nice Girls Do (Taking Chances)
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • Remy Goes to Therapy
  • Unfinished Business
  • Eternally I Do
  • The Blacker the Berry
  • Employee Relations
  • Connelly's Flame (The Megalodon Team, #3)
  • Reye's Gold
  • Burn
  • The Color of Love
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Better Late Than Never (The Smith Sister's Trilogy #1)
Denise Skelton is an avid reader who's often found reading four or five books simultaneously. Born and raised in Baltimore, MD, Denise is a part of a close-knit family and is lovingly supported by her husband, three daughters and two sons. Skelton draws inspiration from everyday life. As a US Army veteran, and former private investigator, who's just about seen it all, she often awakes with excitin ...more
More about Denise Skelton...