Start by marking “Essential Impressionists” as Want to Read:
Essential Impressionists

Essential Impressionists

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  4 reviews

The Impressionists changed the face of nineteenth-century painting radically with interest in capturing a fleeting moment on canvas and working outdoors instead of relying on memory and models in their studios.

Impressionists looks at all aspects of the movement's art, with detailed commentary on 120 of their works and complementary imagery. Some of these works are consider

Published September 1st 2000 by Parragon Press / Dempsey, UK (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Essential Impressionists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Essential Impressionists

Realini
Impressionists by Antonia Cunningham
The Impressionists represent a peak, never surpassed for this reader.

This is a Beautiful book and an interesting challenge.
- What can I write about a book which is…about art?
One solution is simply to express admiration and Forget about it! - In the words of the famous Donnie Brasco.
But there is a catch and here I refer to Ellen DeGeneres, whose book I “opened „recently. The comedian speaks about the similitude between reading and writing a book:
- You do not kn
John Teehan
I first bought this for the large, well-produced color reproductions of a broad sampling of the Impressionist movement (easily my favorite art period). The bonus is in the well-written, informative, and clear short essays by each piece featuring background, significance, some trivia, and commentary. It's a highly recommended book for newer students of art history, and an invaluable book to artists with an interest in Impressionist style and history.

Well put together. Well written. I bought mine
Sinar
I can only say that the reason why I rated 5-stars here is because Antonia covers quite many painting impressionists and all pages are colored.
Tony
not great but good not enough on the later artists for me but still a good place to start
Silvia
Danika
Danika added it
Mar 03, 2015
Silvana Sodde
Silvana Sodde marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Kimberly Louis
Kimberly Louis marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Ronan Doyle
Ronan Doyle marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Cale
Cale added it
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Top 10 Copenhagen Essential British History: Key Dates, Facts and People Summarized Guinness World Records 2002 Rainforest Wildlife (World Wildlife Series) Insight Guides Smart Guide Copenhagen (Insight Guides Smart Guide)