Start by marking “Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2

Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2 (Indiana Jones Omnibus #2)

A collection of stories, featuring Dr Henry Jones, as excitement and danger follow him around the globe.
Published July 8th 2008 by Dark Horse Comics (first published July 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2

Brad
Indiana Jones and the Golden Fleece: Apart from Indy’s flowery journal entries, that he delivers a baby in a blizzard while a giant serpent of Hecate prepares to strike, that he offers the baby as a sacrifice, that the villain is a caricatured Dutchman whose villainy is obvious + the usual handful of Nazis, and that Indy dunks himself and his hat in a vat of olive oil and the latter comes out totally unscathed, Indiana Jones and the Golden Fleece is actually not horrible. The action is fast, the ...more
Adam Oster
Nov 30, 2015 Adam Oster rated it it was ok
I read most of this book before I realized that I wasn't actually enjoying it. And it took me a long time to figure out why.
You see, I love Indiana Jones, and I loved learning more about the further exploits of the man...but the reality of reading about his adventures was a lot less exciting than watching them. I could only play the theme song in my head so many times before it got repetitive and useless towards building the tension necessary.
I actually own a few Indy comic books that I now rea
Sean Chick
Jul 23, 2012 Sean Chick rated it liked it
This collection was more of a let down unfortunately. Both the Golden Fleece and the Shrine of the Sea Devil are short, cheesy, and seem out of character. The Iron Phoenix is the worst of the lot: rambling, unimaginative, and heavy handed.

The last two are clearly the best. The Spear of Destiny suffers from doing too much in too few pages, which is annoying since it opens by recounting the end of Last Crusade word for word. The plot is jumpy and convoluted, but Indy's father is handled perfectly
Bee
Dec 09, 2012 Bee rated it really liked it
Personally I enjoyed this collection. As a huge fan of graphic adventures back in the day, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was begging for a sequel, and Spear of Destiny was supposedly that sequel. The game was never finished, but adapted into a comic book, and it's plain to see where shortcuts were made in order to make it a four issue story. However, both Spear of Destiny and Iron Phoenix were relatively strong stories, the arc that let me down in this collection was Sargossa Pirates wh ...more
Ernest
Jul 26, 2011 Ernest rated it liked it
This collection of adventures was fun to read. They were accurate in portraying the feel of the original Indiana Jones films, which had action aplenty with just enough of something mystical or otherworldly to spice the story up. The choice to have different people scripting and pencilling each story provided for visually different stories, some nicer to read than others but none which were disappointing. This was a fun read, and it will be interesting if/when I read volume 1 whether this volume ...more
Daniel
Oct 17, 2012 Daniel rated it liked it
Wasn't great. I wasn't a fan of the awful art work for Indy and the stories were a bit odd. Especially the Pirate story. The one I liked just a bit was Spear of Destiny. It was a decent story. Everything else was odd, like the baby who was born when a giant dragon was about to destroy it. Odd. Still it's a nice Indiana Jones item to have and has a couple of the comics in one volume. Not a necessary read.
Bubba
Some good, some bad. "Sargasso Pirates" is pretty bad. I like "Shrine of the Sea Devil," though it was too short and had a bizarre ending. interesting/unusual drawing style as well. "Iron Phoenix" and "The Spear of Destiny" were worth the price of purchase.
Patrick
Nov 30, 2014 Patrick added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Overall, I was very disappointed by the quality of the stories in this collection (which ones I was able to read anyway). Some were just rehashes of better-told Indiana Jones stories, while some (like "Shrine of the Sea Devil") were just nonsensical. Wonderful art does not a good narrative make.
Yanni Cooper
May 01, 2012 Yanni Cooper rated it did not like it
Shelves: don-t-read
I didn't actually read this, but halfway through the three stories in the first omnibus was enough to convince me it wouldn't be worth it.
Matimate
Jan 25, 2016 Matimate rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic_novels, 2016
The first volume was passable and some parts even enjoyable, this one was pure pain and suffering. The plots of the stories were ridiculous and villains even more.
Daniel Shields
Daniel Shields rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Gareth
Gareth rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Craig
Craig rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2009
James
James rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
Princesslay
Princesslay rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Rodolfo
Rodolfo rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2008
Jimmy Mann
Jimmy Mann rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Geoffrey
Geoffrey rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2009
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2010
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Jones1240
Jones1240 rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Nate B
Nate B rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Ben Scott
Ben Scott rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2013
Rick
Rick rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Amanda Brown
Amanda Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Yosef Shapiro
Yosef Shapiro rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Jesse Hill
Jesse Hill rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Chad Mitchell
Chad Mitchell rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
May 30, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones
  • Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs (Indiana Jones: Prequels #10)
  • Indiana Jones and the Unicorn's Legacy (Indiana Jones: Prequels #5)
  • Indiana Jones and the White Witch (Indiana Jones: Prequels #8)
  • The Complete Making of Indiana Jones: The Definitive Story Behind All Four Films
  • Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Indiana Jones #1)
  • The Rocketeer: The Complete Adventures (Deluxe Edition)
  • Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume Two: Parallels
  • Terminator Omnibus Volume 1
  • Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago...., Vol. 2
  • Essential Doctor Strange, Vol. 2
  • Star Wars: Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost (Star Wars: Crimson Empire #3)
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Indiana Jones #4)
  • Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead (Indiana Jones: Prequels #13)
  • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Indiana Jones Omnibus (6 books)
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus: Volumen 3 (Indiana Jones Ómnibus, #3)
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus: The Further Adventures, Vol. 1