Start by marking “Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership” as Want to Read:
Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership

Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands" is an engaging and insightful look into the qualities, attributes, and practices that turn ordinary leaders into extraordinary ones. Nancy Ortberg's unique twist on vision casting; managing tensions; nurturing healthy conflict; motivating those around you; fostering creativity, passion, and trust is unlike anything you've ever read be ...more
Published July 23rd 2008 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands

Penny
This started out as many leadership books. There were quite a few good examples of how a good leader can make a difference.

As the book progressed there seemed to be more and more of a religious influence to the point of quoting scripture with the verse citation. More and more of the examples began to relate to the author's experience in a ministry.

If you were looking for a leadership book with a decidedly Christian influence, this would be the book for you. If you were looking for a book to hel
Angela
I liked this book overall. Her style and honesty are refreshing. The tone is unapologetically Christian, but not condemning. There are a few gems to glean from it but large it is the rehashing of leadership stories retold. I did refer to this book as a leadership book for the ADHD because the book itself flows nicely, it seems to be jumping from topic to topic. All in all a good read and I'm glad to have it in my collection.
Rachel
Jan 11, 2013 Rachel added it
As a leader, I struggled. I wasn't always ready to lead. I've gotten better, but have been looking for a book to help me as I lead in various ways. This book gave me so many lessons and ways to improve as a leader that I'm so glad I read this book.
Todd
Lots of rhetoric and general thoughts, but probably worth the read just for the rubberband illustration.
Holly
Very good book on leadership.
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
christopher mclaurin
christopher mclaurin marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Amy Sjoquist
Amy Sjoquist marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Bryan Smith
Bryan Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Pelma Dodo Gwamanda
Pelma Dodo Gwamanda marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Michael Martin
Michael Martin marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jon
Jon added it
Nov 19, 2014
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Sandradine
Sandradine marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Elvie
Elvie marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Todd Johnston
Todd Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Alex Ujueta
Alex Ujueta marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Glenn Glerum
Glenn Glerum marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Jill Cundy
Jill Cundy marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Shymon Sivaraman
Shymon Sivaraman marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
JC Welbourne
JC Welbourne marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • Starting Your Best Life Now: A Guide for New Adventures and Stages on Your Journey
  • Dark Mysteries of the Vatican
  • The Myth of a Christian Religion: Losing Your Religion for the Beauty of a Revolution
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
  • Lord, Change My Attitude
  • Skeptics and True Believers: The Exhilarating Connection Between Science and Religion
  • The Truth about Getting the Best from People (Truth about)
  • The Truth About Negotiations
  • Beyond Mindfulness in Plain English: An Introductory guide to Deeper States of Meditation
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Story of the Scrolls: The Miraculous Discovery and True Significance of the Dead Sea Scrolls
  • Snow Melts in Spring
  • Sin Boldly: A Field Guide for Grace
  • The One-Week Job Project: One Man, One Year, 52 Jobs
  • Living Organized: Proven Steps for a Clutter-Free and Beautiful Home
  • Your Credit Score: How to Fix, Improve, and Protect the 3-Digit Number that Shapes Your Financial Future
  • Brains: How They Seem to Work
  • The Truth About Managing People...And Nothing But the Truth
Looking for God: An Unexpected Journey Through Tattoos, Tofu & Pronouns Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership Everyday Matters Journal 10:10: Life to the Fullest I've Got Your Back: Biblical Principles for Leading and Following Well