Start by marking “Conspiracy of Kindness: A Refreshing New Approach to Sharing the Love of Jesus with Others” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Ten years ago, Steve Sjogren published this groundbreaking book that has helped thousands of Christians win others to Jesus and the Church by performing simple, unexpected services. Conspiracy of Kindness enables every Christian to become an effective evangelist by demonstrating with teaching, example and testimony how unassuming acts of kindness convince people of the lov...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Vine Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Conspiracy of Kindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conspiracy of Kindness

Shannon
Sjogren is right about the American church's inward focus and the failures of typical evangelism methods, including the lack of dependence on God to do the work of bringing people to Himself and the tendency of Christians to be all talk and no action in evangelism. Yet, this book seems to substitute one evangelism "program" for the others. God works in a variety of ways, and we shouldn't be so committed to one type of evangelism that we fail to recognize that something else will work better in a...more
Brian Fulton
As I am in the middle of the pre-launch stage of church planting, this book was perfect timing for me. I wasn't looking for a "how-to book" but rather more coaching from guys who have been there. Sjogren gives his 5 cents on most issues church planters will face and gives great practical coaching for each issue. Often, too many church planting books error on the other spectrum: theory and academic models. Even if not planting, any minister would find this book helpful. He doesn't focus on how-to...more
Stuart
Servant evangelism is yet another wonderful method of Christian evangelism. However if acts of kindness are done with out the clear presentation of the motivation of why those acts of kindness are being done it is an insufficient method of evangelism. Acts of kindness can be a possible ear opener to the Gospel, but they alone do not clearly present the way of salvation to anyone. I fully agree with the author that people do not care what you have to say until they clearly feel and know that you...more
Joshua Trombley
Didn't know that a car wash could take up so many pages.
Bevan Haynes
Fantastic! So challenging! I'm one of those people who gets caught up in "ministry" and the church world and loses the perspective of things that really matter -- that God wants to show his love by way of ACTION not just words. This book messed with me from beginning to end, challenging me to stop be so results-driven and get love-driven instead. I can't wait to put into action what Sjogren was teaching, not only in the ministry that I run but in my personal life!
Melissa
This is more than just a how-to guide about "sharing the love of God in a practical way". It gives the average Joe inspiration to make the world a better place in simple, easy acts of kindness. Everyone should read this book!
Shiloh
I had heard about this from Jim. he had worked with this church years ago and had done this kind of ministry in several cities. I decided to pick up the book when it was a dollar at the library sale. I think it is a fabulous concept and would be a great ministry for Boulder Street or any church or group. Excellent resorce.
Diane
Love people by serving them without strings attached. I think this offers a practical way to touch many people with the love of God and find those who are spiritually curious and open. It seems to be a way to break down prejudices against Christians. Practical how to's included.
Gabriel
Ever read a book that clarifies and organizes a bunch of things you've been thinking/doing for a long time? This is that book for me. Conspiracy of Kindness is a practical guide to evangelism for the rest of us, and it's changing the way I think about the rest of my life.
Shirley
I absolutely loved this simple, loving approach to sharing the Gospel. So far removed from the edgy approach that so many Evangelicals tend to take. It was a breath of fresh air. And reading it impacted my life.
Audra
There are dozens of incredible ways in this book to share God's love, and be hands and feet. If you're not feeling led to stand on the street corner yelling than try some of these evangelistic ideas and tools.
Arlene
Although I didn't grow up in organized religion, I loved the concept of "random acts of kindness", as being the example of how we should live our lives.
Sjogren had a great message - get out and show God's love in practical ways.

My criticism with the book would be the repetition with his stories.
Mark
Provides a good perspective on evangelism, and some great anecdotal stories. In my opinion, it gets fairly repetitive, but the message is still a good one.
Jason Smith
A bit repetitive but an overall good message and the central theme of our church philosophy
Dave Jones
This is a great way to evangelize and reflect God's love in practical and tangible ways.
Read while at Crown.
Jarita
Jarita marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Barb Gates
Barb Gates marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Linda DeSort
Linda DeSort marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Dr. Z
Dr. Z added it
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Day I Died: An Unforgettable Story of Life After Death Outflow: outward-focused living in a self-focused world 101 Ways to Reach Your Community Heaven's Lessons: Ten Things I Learned about God When I Died Irresistible Evangelism:: Natural Ways to Open Others to Jesus