Start by marking “Arthur's Computer Disaster: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)” as Want to Read:
Arthur's Computer Disaster: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)

Arthur's Computer Disaster: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  366 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Arthur loves playing games on his mother's computer, but when he uses it without permission, chaos ensues. Arthur and his cohorts search desperately for a solution, and in the process learn a lesson about following rules and respecting others. Text copyright 2004 Lectorum Publications, Inc.
Published September 1st 1999 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur's Computer Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur's Computer Disaster

Ronyell
Now as you have all noticed, my bookshelf is filled up with dozens of “Arthur” books since I am a huge fan of the series! “Arthur’s Computer Disaster” is about how Arthur wanted to play a computer game while his mother is away, but then gets into big trouble when he accidentally breaks his mom’s computer. “Arthur’s Computer Disaster” is one of Marc Brown’s most hilarious “Arthur” books ever created!

One day, Arthur was begging his mom to let him play “Deep, Dark Sea” on her computer and his mothe
J.
I'd like to say that this series as a whole is excellent for kids. There are plenty of great wholesome messages of encouragement and inclusivity without coming off as preachy. I read some of these books as a kid, and I revisit them again as an adult when I read them to children. The young audience is opened up to many paths in life by seeing how the different characters interact with each other and deal with the various situations they are in. A big part of the series is saying that it's okay to ...more
Jamie Winslow
In this story Arthur loves to play his Deep Dark Sea computer game. His mother tells him not to play the game because she needs the computer for work. When she is gone Arthur and his friend Buster start to play the game anyways. Something went wrong and Arthur thought he broke the computer. Him, Buster and D. W. went out to find ways to try and fix the computer before their mother got home and figured out that Arthur disobeyed orders. They were out of luck and when their mother came home Arthur ...more
Lisa
Arthur's Mom tells him not to play a game on the computer because she needs the computer for work. When she is gone Arthur and his friend Buster start to play the game anyways. Something went wrong and Arthur thought he broke the computer. Him, Buster and D. W. went out to find ways to try and fix the computer before their Mom got home. They couldn't figure it out and when their Mom came home Arthur confessed what he had done. She said it was a simple problem and she knew how to fix it but she w ...more
Danielle Simmons
This book can be something seen in our daily lives as children. This book directly relates to some parts of everyone's childhoods. We have all had that time when we were not supposed to touch or do something at home, and mom and dad tell us not to do it. In this story, Arthur, Buster, and DW are told not to touch the computer to play Deep, Dark Sea, but Arthur disobeys. They try to fix it, but they cannot. This leads to Arthur having to admit to his mom what happened. This book teaches children ...more
Chelsea Bucci
This story teaches kids the importance of listening to their parents. Arthur's mom told him not to touch the computer all day. However, he really wanted to play his computer game. Arthur and Buster end up breaking the keyboard to the computer. They try every possible way to fix the keyboard from asking their friend Buster to going to a computer store to have it professional fixed. Artur finally admits to his mom after dinner that he broke it. He then gets punished for disobeying what his mother ...more
Carman
Arthur uses the computer to play a game when he is not supposed to. Arthur then "breaks" the computer. Arther stresses himself out trying to fix the computer and then he finally comes clean to his mother about what he has done. This book does a good job of showing how it is important to admit our mistakes as well as the forgiving nature of parents.I would use this book to help illustrate taking responsibility for one's actions and choices in the classroom.
Ealthafer
Everyone knows Arthur and all his friends! This book is a good for readers who are jsut beginning longer books. Students like the story because they know Arthur and all the other characters in the story. The words used in the story are easy for the most part and the "trickier" words can be easily sounded out.
Molly
As a huge fan of the television series, I was greatly disappointed at the lazy and sub-par writing of the books. The illustrations are very poorly done as well (especially if you have older editions of the books). Not good. just watch the show; it's on at seven on PBS every morning.
Jessica Vu
This book would be good for predicting. There are several great spots to stop and predict what will happen next
(Sebin's lesson) put STOP bookmarks in book for students to know it's time to stop and I'll out worksheet on I wonder...prediction

Good lesson on honesty and obeying
Alyssa
I love Arthur and have mainly seen the tv shows. The illustrations in the book definitely play up the young age of Arthur, whereas I forget that during the tv show.
Angie Mills
Nov 03, 2007 Angie Mills rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: K-2
Great book to use to help children talk about obedience and consequences. The children really relate to Arthur and the events in the book.
Gretchen
Reminds me of my childhood!
This is a good one for kids who have a hard time walking away from a computer or video game.
Nicole
I love Arthur books, always have and always will! I like this book too because there is a lesson to be learned.
Theresa
good early reader, using text to relate to the television show many of the stories hae been repeated in the show.
Sheila
More adventures of Arthur, as he "breaks" his monther's computer while playing video games when he was told not to.
Angie
this is a book that tells you ti listen and don't disobey your parents!!!!1
Christa♥
I liked arthur books, my fav character was buster.
Eliza
don't get to envolved in a computer game
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
This book is a disaster on a computer. T.R.
Dotty
Fun Arthur, better than the last one I read.
Cana
Mommy says: We love Arthur books. Sigh.
Christi
good moral. decent story.
Vanesa Retana
Vanesa Retana marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Cedric Hobbs
Cedric Hobbs marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
  • Franklin And The Tooth Fairy
  • Froggy Goes to Bed
  • Bearshadow (Moonbear)
  • Not Norman: A Goldfish Story
  • Stop, Train, Stop! a Thomas the Tank Engine Story (Thomas & Friends)
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Teasing
  • Clifford and the Big Parade (Clifford)
  • Mittens
  • Bye-Bye, Mom and Dad
  • I Love You the Purplest
  • Hedgie's Surprise
  • Commotion in the Ocean (Picture Books)
  • The Quilt Story
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...
Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Halloween (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's New Puppy (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)