Start by marking “When Faith Endures” as Want to Read:
When Faith Endures

The Van Nguyen

When Faith Endures

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Published (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about When Faith Endures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Faith Endures

Mary
Jul 09, 2008 Mary rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mary by: Rosemary
In 1975 Saigon was about to fall and a remarkable man The Van Nguyen (pronounced Tay Van Win) is the branch President and is given the job to help his branch (of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints) evacuate.

I hadn't read the jacket or any other review before I read it and I struggled with jumping ahead to see what happens...how and when does he get out? Does he help the others out?

It gives a lot of detail of The's life before the events and afterwards also. One of my friends felt th
Hilary Roberts
I listened to this book on tape while driving to Wyoming by myself (horray for something other than Magic Tree House!!!). It's the story of a small branch of saints in the Saigon Branch in Vietnam in the 70's. It tells how the branch got started, tells about the lives of most of the branch members, and tells what happened to the branch and it's members when Saigon fell to North Vietnam. The story is told from the perspective of the person who was Branch President at the time. I was amazed at the ...more
Jacqui
This is an fantastic account of the Latter-day Saint Vietnamese, what they went through during the war and how their faith was uplifted and sustained. I know The (pronounced Tay) and his family, so the stories meant even more to me. My husband and I were in the Vietnamese branch in Provo when The (Tay) was president. I knew several of the people in the book and they are amazingly faithful people. This book reads like a novel and is highly recommended.
angelle
A faith promoting story -- I had no idea of this part of church history. I have about eight sets of cassette tapes of this book that you are all welcome to borrow for book clubs or personal use. Well worth reading and/or listening to.
Kristy
This was a very uplifting and encouraging book! While it wasn't a book that I couldn't put down, it was interesting to learn more about one man's experiences through the Vietnam War and how Heavenly Father watched over him.
Mary Hollister
I really liked this true story of how the church got started in Vietnam. Wow. I can't believe all of this was going on while I was growing up. I had no idea. Good story.
Bonnie
All 4 star books are not equal. Some books get 4 stars because I really liked it for what I learned or gained, or what I felt rather than how well it was actually written.
Taunya
wonderful book filled with faith and humility. I hope that some of the saints before the war can know of the progress and growth of the church now.
Pam
This book gives some history of what happened to South Viet Nam at the end of the war. This true story of endurance is very inspirational.
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Chelsey
Chelsey marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Jacqui Morton maxfield
Jacqui Morton maxfield marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Angella
Angella marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2012
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012