Start by marking “The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets (Addison-Wesley Series in Economics)” as Want to Read:

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  245 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Este libro se distingue por el manejo de un marco de referencia analítico y unificador que utiliza algunos principios económicos básicos para organizar el pensamiento de los estudiantes en torno a la estructura de los mercados financieros, los mercados de divisas, la administración de instituciones financieros y la función de la política monetaria en la economía.

Además co
Hardcover, Updated, Seventh Edition, 768 pages
Published July 22nd 2005 by Addison Wesley (first published June 1st 1986)

Be the first to ask a question about The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets

I really loved this book and class. I found out that I would really enjoy investment banking. Plus, I also realized how much I like Economics. It has made me excited about getting my Master's. I am looking forward to some more Econ classes next semester.
Shere
i think that it would be a good book and help us in our search
Bill Zhou
Basic ideas for finance and financial market.
San San
A great book for people in economics field. I have read this book when I studied in university. Its take a sense of knowledge in Banking, Financial markets. This book is very usefull. I have recommended this book for my friends and all of them like it ;)
This book is the same as the macroeconomics or Microeconomics, which introduced to reader the based knowledge
Melissa Brogan
Not a great textbook layout, and relies a little too heavily on the class using MyEconLab, which my professor chose not to use.
Fran
Note to self: Main text for Econ 121: Money and Banking under Prof. Beth Tan, 2nd Semester 1996-97, UP School of Economics
Joshua
Probably one of the best Economics textbooks I've read. Very insightful and a must read.
Anni
A very user friendly and practical ways to learn economics.
Yuuki
this is a good book
Haneen Elghreeb
Nikoletta
Nikoletta marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Isabelle Fesale
Isabelle Fesale marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Isabelle Fesale
Isabelle Fesale marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Gabby Ruiz
Gabby Ruiz marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Tan Ksr
Tan Ksr is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2015
Ardak
Ardak added it
Jan 23, 2015
Ardak
Ardak marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Paul Rice
Paul Rice marked it as to-read
Renee
Renee added it
Gianna Thouki
Gianna Thouki marked it as to-read
Stephglez
Stephglez marked it as to-read
Génesis Rivera
Génesis Rivera marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Sergio
Sergio marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Nguyễn Huyền
Nguyễn Huyền marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • Macroeconomics
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics
  • Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles
  • Principles of Economics
  • Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
  • Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach
  • Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System
  • Intermediate Accounting, Volume 2, IFRS Edition
  • Microeconomics
  • Macroeconomics (6th Edition)
Frederic Stanley "Rick" Mishkin is an American economist and professor at the Columbia Business School. He was a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from 2006 to 2008.

Mishkin's research focuses on monetary policy and its impact on financial markets and the aggregate economy.
More about Frederic S. Mishkin...
The Next Great Globalization: How Disadvantaged Nations Can Harness Their Financial Systems to Get Rich Financial Markets and Institutions (Prentice Hall Series in Finance) (Addison-Wesley Series in Finance) Monetary Policy Strategy Macroeconomics: Policy and Practice Study Guide for Economics of Money, Banking and the Financial Market

“Politicians have often declared that unbridled competition among financial intermediaries promotes failures that will harm the public. Although the evidence that competition does this is extremely weak, it has not stopped the state and federal governments from imposing many restrictive regulations.” 1 likes